R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
Thanks guys, does it actually help anything ...sorry a bit naive here
For me it settle/ stiffer the chasis. Without it I easily got problem with spur gear mess exspecially after accident..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
Nice tracks you have there on you Perak RC racers. If we orang puteh come up from Singapore can we have a round?
Sure no problem and it is free, at perak it just parking lot. Some of the photo in my blog was at Kuala Lumpur Tasik Titiwangsa track. But there are nicer track in malaysia closer to you- Johor near to you such at Senai Niko Track, UTM etc and further up Kuala Lumpur with Tasik Titiwangsa Track, HPC Glenmarie, Kota Raja Klang. We mixed well orang puteh + Chinese + Malay + Indian + etc Hop in to Malaysia thread in this rctech Malaysia Forum Thread rctech.net and you will find more track available in malaysia...
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 AM   #17
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham
For me it settle/ stiffer the chasis. Without it I easily got problem with spur gear mess exspecially after accident..
Sounds good cause i had the latter problem before

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham
Sure no problem and it is free, at perak it just parking lot. Some of the photo in my blog was at Kuala Lumpur Tasik Titiwangsa track. But there are nicer track in malaysia closer to you- Johor near to you such at Senai Niko Track, UTM etc and further up Kuala Lumpur with Tasik Titiwangsa Track, HPC Glenmarie, Kota Raja Klang. We mixed well orang puteh + Chinese + Malay + Indian + etc Hop in to Malaysia thread in this rctech Malaysia Forum Thread rctech.net and you will find more track available in malaysia...
Will check it out, thanks
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice
 
wario69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
I'm afraid that all those items are "Bling"
If you are after some items that can help in the performance side,
Number 1 would have to be the Kawahara blade type swaybar
2 Hollow 2 speed shaft ( lighter)
Titanium pillow balls and turnbuckles (Lighter)
Carbon side brace couldn't hurt
I also run a 3 racing light weight flywheel.
4 mm chassis could also be on the list if you run on a high bite track
other than these along with the ali wheel hexes, 4mm shock tower and uni's there isn't anything needed.
With all these items you will most likely be under weight for bigger racing events
Thanks, you just saved me some $$. Where can I get the 4mm rear shock towers? I'm having trouble finding them online in the U.S. Are they part # MU-T0508? I see a lot of aftermarket 3mm ones, but I might as well go for 4mm.

-- Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
JB04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 123
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

I have been told that the 4mm shock towers are not going to be available for a while. What a lot of us have been doing is doubling up on the stock shock towers. I used ca to glue 2 of the stock shock towers together and used 3x12mm screws to mount the shocks to the shock tower. This has worked nicely for me.

Good Luck.
__________________
RCAmerica / XRAY NT1
JB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FT.lauderdale fl.
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wario69
Thanks, you just saved me some $$. Where can I get the 4mm rear shock towers? I'm having trouble finding them online in the U.S. Are they part # MU-T0508? I see a lot of aftermarket 3mm ones, but I might as well go for 4mm.

-- Wario
hey dude is it too late to convince you to get a RRR?
__________________
Vone rrr evo. Sirio sti evo III. airtronics
pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice
 
wario69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer
hey dude is it too late to convince you to get a RRR?

Yeah, I just bought the mtx-4 and awaiting it's arrival. Now, I'm just looking at other parts I want to inter-change. What's your reason to get the RRR? Right now I'm having trouble figuring out the Kawahara blade type swaybar and the carbon side-brace. Can you use the Kawahara blade type sway-bar that is for the MTX-3? This is what I'm looking at:

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?cPath=36_260&products_id=11988

or

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info3.php?cPath=595_741_359_493&products_i d=21766

Is there a better one out there? I don't even know where to search for a carbon-side brace. Any help is appreciated. I've been beating on my NTC3 for years. I can keep up with most of the RRR, Mugens, Serpents etc. on the straights but I get killed on the turns (handling) -- I just can't hang. I think it is time to retire the NTC3. It's been a good run with that car. I'm finally going to admit I'm outclassed. LOL. Well I knew this before when I first seen the other cars run but now I'm admitting it, that and plus I got s little raised so I have a little cash to play with.

-- Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice
 
wario69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB04
I have been told that the 4mm shock towers are not going to be available for a while. What a lot of us have been doing is doubling up on the stock shock towers. I used ca to glue 2 of the stock shock towers together and used 3x12mm screws to mount the shocks to the shock tower. This has worked nicely for me.

Good Luck.
Is the 4mm shock tower form 3Racing bad??? I've heard of people doubling the rears up. Do you guys carzy glue the sides of the carbon fiber parts also?

-- Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice
 
wario69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB04
I have been told that the 4mm shock towers are not going to be available for a while. What a lot of us have been doing is doubling up on the stock shock towers. I used ca to glue 2 of the stock shock towers together and used 3x12mm screws to mount the shocks to the shock tower. This has worked nicely for me.

Good Luck.
They do have a 4mm shock tower -- MU-T0508, $19.00 @rc-mushroom.com
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #24
Tech Adept
 
JB04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 123
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Some of the CA will most likely seep out from between the two towers when you put them together. I used two 3mm screws to line the holes up right after I put them together before the CA cured to make sure the holes are all in line. Be carefull not to CA the screws to the towers. If you do by chance get CA on the screws you could try backing the screws out by unscrewing them with hex wrench or you can use some CA uncure. I have gone back around the seams and put some CA on the cracks. I don't know if this is necessary but, it probably wouldn't hurt.

As for the 3Racing stuff. I have never tried them mainly because some of the other racers at our local track have indicated to me that their parts are not the best quality or fit. I heard their universals are not as strong as one would like. I would be careful.
__________________
RCAmerica / XRAY NT1
JB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #25
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB04
Some of the CA will most likely seep out from between the two towers when you put them together. I used two 3mm screws to line the holes up right after I put them together before the CA cured to make sure the holes are all in line. Be carefull not to CA the screws to the towers. If you do by chance get CA on the screws you could try backing the screws out by unscrewing them with hex wrench or you can use some CA uncure. I have gone back around the seams and put some CA on the cracks. I don't know if this is necessary but, it probably wouldn't hurt.

As for the 3Racing stuff. I have never tried them mainly because some of the other racers at our local track have indicated to me that their parts are not the best quality or fit. I heard their universals are not as strong as one would like. I would be careful.
I have had 2 bend universals in impact, with 3 racing in a short span, but it may just be my driving
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

sorry i double post but don't know how to delete
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
mugendude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 366
Default

mugen is a mutch better car it can be just as fast as all the rest and is mutch durable its the driver not the car
__________________
murnan modified rb xenon R ballistic missle i love the smell of nitro in the morning
www.rc-racing.org
mugendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendude
mugen is a mutch better car it can be just as fast as all the rest and is mutch durable its the driver not the car
who said that
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #29
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
who said that
obviously a MUGENdude
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
mugendude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 366
Default

i like my mugen a whols lot its just as fast as all the serpents 720's and kyosho rrr i have driven a rrr and i liked it but i like my mugen more
__________________
murnan modified rb xenon R ballistic missle i love the smell of nitro in the morning
www.rc-racing.org
mugendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG @ the deal on this ST-RR MadRussian Nitro Off-Road 1 04-02-2008 12:35 AM
WOLVERINI Deal or No deal watch out!! jldjlaudio Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 42 05-22-2007 04:48 AM
mat3833 very cool person to deal with,would deal with him anyday. in2deep Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 0 11-11-2006 01:59 PM
Deal or No Deal - 2007 black-knight Australian Racing 0 11-08-2006 03:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net