Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

torque screws... thats an interesting feaure
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:06 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by spooky
Paul, he sure is a nice guy. We had a greta time at the race, other then it raining, I fought my V one R the whole weekend, it is sold now.... What to get ... hmmmm
I was running my novamega RE, i'm evan btw. Great that you tq'ed again, was hoping i could get into the A but i could never finish one of my heats, ended up with 16 laps as my best, figure it would take 18 at 5:05 or under to get in, i was pretty close if i didn't screw it up heh.
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 09:28 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just built my R12. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

People are starting to give us feedback:

PW is hauling ass and winning everything in FL...

Larrry Pryor is going very fast in TX...

Andrew Cartwright just got his new Fantom Racing .12 engines and will be racing this weekend...

Team MP in Brazil TQ'd and finished 2nd in their first race. They had their R12's about 24 hours before the event started!

More to come...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:33 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

I give adrians car about 2 minute son track before it has yellow markings on the tire rims..
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #20
Tech Adept

My R12 is 95% asembled, just waiting for the engine to arrive and that damn snow to melt
Does anyone have a good setup somewhere for the R12? I will probably not get much practice or setup time with it before the first race, I'm lucky if I can get the engine run in, so some help would be great. I will be running foams on quite an abrasive asphalt, last year I used 42/45 tires there (on Serpent). At the moment the installed setup is similar to the foam setup in the manual, I hope this is an OK starting point.
My guess is that the R12 has to be set up a bit stiffer than Mission, since it's heavier and has higher topspeeds. But I have no experience with foam tires on Mission either... also I will definitely go for diffs front/rear, no one-ways or spools, again something I never do with electric.
I just hope I will get all the stuff in time to get some practice in before the race... if the car is half as fast as it looks, it's a winner.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #21
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

olev....I will try and post a starting setup (stock car) for you tomorrow and I will also post a setup used with all the hop-ups.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:30 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Thanks PW, I'd appreciate it. It would definitely be interesting to know what hopups you have found useful. Just by looking at the car, I guess the front driveshafts and plastic hexes would be the first things to go, then maybe add roll center kit for tuneability...
Are you using the standard clutch? It looks sort of funny, very...open? But if it works, great.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:43 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is my new R12:

It on rubber just for break in of the engine. Thanks to Harco Hobbies for the good deal on the Nova Mega Salven motor. Its scary fast just running rich for break in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a\'s r12 -1.jpg (58.2 KB, 1446 views)
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

The cars look pretty good guys! I'm pretty excited about getting mine next week. I'll be racing at Revalation Raceway, so I can give you guys a heads up on what works. The Roar Gas Nats is coming soon!!
pmccarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 03:55 PM   #25
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Sorry about the delay on the setups, but we are almost done with the workable PDF.

Thats great to hear Pat....Keep us informed!
PW is offline   Reply With Quote