R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Question about the Hudy station (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/149899-question-about-hudy-station.html)

brc358 02-15-2007 07:34 PM

Question about the Hudy station

I was using the Integy set-up station,board<complete system> and just bought the Hudy all in one station for my 10th scales.
I "thought" I was close on the set-up, but when I sat the cars down on the Hudy station, I could not believe how much I was off on the set-ups.
Question is does the Hudy 1/8 set-up work in the same manner as the 10th scale station.
The 10th scale system has the camber towers sitting down on pins on the tweak station.
Is this the same for the 1/8 scale system?
If so, I will go out tomorrow and buy 1/8 scale set-up.

thanks brc

rcmike 02-15-2007 07:49 PM

Its the same for the 1/8 scale on-road all in one system too.

brc358 02-15-2007 08:22 PM

Hudy

I thought so, but I have not used the Hudy 1/8 set-up station yet.
Guess I will be making a trip to the shop tomorrow.

thanks

rcmike 02-15-2007 08:31 PM

If you can get the set-up system that just has the aluminum pieces in it for the other kit you dont have.Go that route cause the tweek leveling device is the same im pretty sure.

brc358 02-15-2007 09:00 PM

Hudy station

I think the tweak station for the 10th scale would not be wide enough for the 1/8 though.
Anyone have the 1/8 and 10th scale who can verify this?
I dont mind buying the complet 1/8 scale set-up, but would the 10th scale tweak station also work on the 1/8 scale?
I guess I am really suprised that the Integy system would vary so much from the Hudy as far as accuracy.

thanks

Dredd 02-15-2007 09:34 PM

I've heard that the integy system is actually not bad. Wonder why it was off.

gashuffer 02-15-2007 10:53 PM

Because it's not a Hudy. :D

eduardo_garcia 02-16-2007 04:49 AM

talking about hudy station. I bought my used and I don't have the manual. How do you use the tweak station? I'm asking because you can adjust the tweak using the front or the rear springs, so, how do you know if the front or rear is tweak?

jag 02-16-2007 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by brc358
I think the tweak station for the 10th scale would not be wide enough for the 1/8 though.
Anyone have the 1/8 and 10th scale who can verify this?
I dont mind buying the complet 1/8 scale set-up, but would the 10th scale tweak station also work on the 1/8 scale?
I guess I am really suprised that the Integy system would vary so much from the Hudy as far as accuracy.

thanks

The 1/10 tweak station is not wide enough for 1/8. It only goes just over 200mm.

jag 02-16-2007 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
talking about hudy station. I bought my used and I don't have the manual. How do you use the tweak station? I'm asking because you can adjust the tweak using the front or the rear springs, so, how do you know if the front or rear is tweak?

When the front is on the tweak station, you adjust the rear springs. When the rear is on, you adjust the front. You adjust in an "X" pattern. If the front left is light, you tighten the rear right collar, and so on...

Dredd 02-16-2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Because it's not a Hudy. :D

That's actually not fair. Seriously, I've heard that the Integy system works fine. I don't know if they have a newer one or not.

brc358 02-16-2007 04:04 PM

Hudy station

Well I was using the Integy set-up with the M.I.P tweak board, and I have always been careful on my set-ups. I got a great deal on an all in one Hudy system, and right after I used the Integy system, I put all three 10th scale cars on the Hudy system.
I was really suprised at the difference from the two systems.
When I was using the Integy system, I would always set the cars up before I went to the track <every week-end>, and always clean the cars and do maintence when I returned home from a weekend at the track. I just finished setting up the cars with the Integy system thinking that the Hudy system would not arrive in time for this weekend, but the day after I cleaned the cars,and checked the set-ups, the very next day the Hudy arrived. So thinking the cars were "right on" I thought for kicks I would check them out on the Hudy. The toe-out varied from .1 to 2.5, camber varied about 1 to 2 degrees, and the tweak was WAY off. As everyone knows, it takes very little to throw everything off,so I am pretty anxious to try the cars out now.
Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Dredd 02-16-2007 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by brc358
Well I was using the Integy set-up with the M.I.P tweak board, and I have always been careful on my set-ups. I got a great deal on an all in one Hudy system, and right after I used the Integy system, I put all three 10th scale cars on the Hudy system.
I was really suprised at the difference from the two systems.
When I was using the Integy system, I would always set the cars up before I went to the track <every week-end>, and always clean the cars and do maintence when I returned home from a weekend at the track. I just finished setting up the cars with the Integy system thinking that the Hudy system would not arrive in time for this weekend, but the day after I cleaned the cars,and checked the set-ups, the very next day the Hudy arrived. So thinking the cars were "right on" I thought for kicks I would check them out on the Hudy. The toe-out varied from .1 to 2.5, camber varied about 1 to 2 degrees, and the tweak was WAY off. As everyone knows, it takes very little to throw everything off,so I am pretty anxious to try the cars out now.
Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Well, good luck either way.

HarKonnenD 02-16-2007 06:49 PM

I tried the Integy station myself and find the Hudy to be well more accurate mainly due to less slop in the gauges themselves. Also, higher quality bearings provide smooth movement and zero slop. I'll also dish out the extra $$ for a hudy system for my next nitro sedan. Integy is good if you don't want to spend the $$, but overall one name takes the icing on the cake - HUDY. :nod: :cool:

gashuffer 02-16-2007 07:41 PM

I'm sure the Integy system works fine I was just throwin some gazoline on dat fire:sneaky: