R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #106

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I think that as long as the tires are kept out of the light and open air they should be fine. I have some tires that were made 6 years ago that were kept in a box (not sealed) that we ran at the Snowbirds and won with! Tires do harden with age. In fact, the minute the skin is removed before laminating the foam begins to shrink as the gas escapes from the pores of the rubber. As it shrinks, it gets firmer. Most all closed-cell foam does this. Leaving the tires out in the open seems to degrade the rubber quickly. I'm not sure if it is the ultraviolet light or just exposure to the air. I wish I could be more help.
Im pretty sure my tires arent compressing with age , they expand. Ill have to write some measurements on them and then let them sit out again. So perhaps you are right , but it looks like they are expanding on certain spots , not compressing.

Otherwise even though they have expanded or compressed. They get harder no matter what. This is true...I think mainly because oils are leaving the tires.

Reason why I use trinity tire tweak. That stuff is like the fountain of youth for tires. I apply it to my tires. Work it in with a piece of plastic wrap , then place them in a zip lock bag till race day. When you remove them , its like you just pulled a tire from the factory line....even more so they even seem a bit better than that and it gets the oil way down into the tire and allows it to fully absorb it.

Oil is the key to a tires plyability. Same goes for human skin and real car tires. I use oil to help reguvinate , that and exfoliating or removing the outter surface helps bring them back.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I

Oil is the key to a tires plyability. Same goes for human skin and real car tires. I use oil to help reguvinate , that and exfoliating or removing the outter surface helps bring them back.
Artificial-I...Marketing hype????? Please explain what I have to gain by stating what I have said. Your post is an excuse to bitch about nothing. Read my post, then read yours. What does it have to do with my claim that GRP does not make Kyosho tires? I can show you tires that we have made from different batches that look totally different, but they are made from the same rubber. Cell structure differs occasionally from batch to batch. I came on here to set the record straight on the Kyosho/GRP topic, not have you try to make me look like an idiot.
By the way, genius, let me know the next time you try to "exfoliate" your tires...I gotta see that one.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #108

The term exfoliate was a joke.

Also if you read clearly. Iam not bitching about anything. In fact im asking VERY CLEARLY. For you to give information on what companies run the same foam from this japanese factory.

Also since you asked Id say you are trying to sway people buying your wheels because all the foam that you state is the same everywhere anyhow right.

Wow , different look for the same foam. I can show you 50 sets of the same foam and have been truing the same foams for 2 years now and there so identical its boring. So I disagree with that. Guess you have that "magic japanese foam" that you only care to make a blanket statement about for reasons unknown, but care not give anyone concrete info on your statement when asked.

Very interesting I wasnt trying to make you look like an idiot but if the shoe fits. No but seriously. Im not here to stir anything up and its quite interesting that your starting to a bit irritated here, why not just answer the question then , with your superior insider information you have , it should be all too easy to let us in on who makes what since you seem to know so much about and in the same move make me quiet. Or better yet just tell us what companies fall under this un named japanese maker.

Anyhow Ill get to the information sooner or later , might as well save face now.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 03-31-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #109
Tech Fanatic

"Very interesting I wasnt trying to make you look like an idiot but if the shoe fits. "

Actually, the only joke was your post.

Dude, take a look at the quote I took from your post and count the number of misspelled words, then get back to me on who is the idiot.
Start digging Sherlock.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM   #110
Tech Addict

Quote:
"Very interesting I wasnt trying to make you look like an idiot but if the shoe fits. "

Dude, take a look at the quote I took from your post and count the number of misspelled words, then get back to me on who is the idiot.
Start digging Sherlock.
This is the internet, not a journalism class. Nobody cares, except you obviously, how many times someone misspelled a word. What matters is the point and telling someone they're an idiot because they typed in something wrong is pointless.

As pointless as my post right here.

Anyhow, I've begun to not even care what tires I run. I buy what's cheap and try it. Then I decide if they work, and I will keep using them if they do. GRP and Jaco are far too costly these days for me.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #111

Quote:

Start digging Sherlock.
That was easy. There is none. So uhhh yeah back to that shoe fitting thing. I think your a perfect fit now. Anyhow I was only joking but Iam wondering now. Do they have any good Acid over by you? Because you must be hallucinating now.....that sentence you quoted doesnt have one misspelled word. ROFL, In fact the entire post is also perfect.

Ill just leave the issue alone now. I dont want to further increase the idiocy. But seriously though I mean no harm , its all in fun. Plus I dont get into a battle of wits with a man who is unarmed.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Look at the quote on post #107.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #113

Quote:
Look at the quote on post #107.
Oh you got me. I spelt it with a G. Interesting enough I do know how to spell that word though. I type fast, but anyhow it must of slipped by. Probably while I was laughing at your amazing post and I slipped over 2 keys and strated to gret a rittle side pracked.

There I go again.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Actually, Mr Webster you misspelled 3 words- pliability, rejuvenate, and outer. You must have really been laughing. Personally, I could care less, but you calling ME an idiot????? Please.
Hey, all in good fun, right?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #115

Quote:
Actually, Mr Webster you misspelled 3 words- pliability, rejuvenate, and outer. You must have really been laughing. Personally, I could care less, but you calling ME an idiot????? Please.
Hey, all in good fun, right?
I never just called you an idiot allthough you called me one. Thats ok though. I may have eluded and joked but thats afterwards. I may have spelt those wrong, but at least I got my facts straight. Rather than picking on personal points.

Your focused on spelling. Im focused on tires.

Oh well and yes its all good dude. Allthough I dont know how me asking for what companies get their tires at this place in japan, turned into this. Guess its your way of avoiding the answer. Not the nicest way of doing it , but I get your point. Your not going to tell.

Anyhow meant no harm and it gave me some good chuckles. Take care.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

In all seriousness, AI, how are Twister sales? Do you guys import them? I must admit, I don't know a lot about them. I thought they used to come in through Florida. Where is your company located? Just curious. Need to keep abreast of the competition. LOL.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jack,

I have tried most all of the tires out there and will stick with the Jaco's I'm on a self sponsored program and your price and quality fits my bill.

The price and quality is great! I buy in bulk and can get them for ~$30 a set including shipping. I can get them very easily from many sources..... not the same with GRP/Fast/etc.....

GRP's are highly overpriced and the only GRP's I run are the ones that come in my MRX-4R kits.

The only thing I will say is I had to buy a .4735" rheemer to clean the axle hole out on your rims. They fit too tight. Most guy's at the track have the same problem- in 50F weather at the Nat's last year I could have made money loaning my rheemer out. I'd rather have the too tight than too loose I tried Twisters and they are so loose on the axle I won't try them again- after a few runs the rim is just too loose to even keep on the car with the wobble it caused. I thought I had a bad bearing, but it was the rims.

I'll gladly take a discount for the a$$ kissing I gave you here as I am currently in need of tires after running in Homestead

PS- Thanks for the reply on the durometer type you use.

Corey DeLong
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote