R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THOSE LOOK SWEET!

Sponsors: Gizmo Racing USA | Reflex Racing | PROTOform | AVID Racing Concepts | Marka Racing | YBS RC | 2mm Designs
atxgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpship
Are you just always looking to correct someone? Maybe they got the wrong information. Just PM the person with the right information instead of correcting them in public. moron!
Moron? Please.
If the information is displayed in a public forum and is incorrect, then it would only stand to reason that I should set the record straight for everyone to see. At least I didn't call him a moron. I figured since it is my business to know these things, it would be taken as inside information. lol.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Kyosho rubber is not from GRP.
Then what is it? You can say they're wrong but without a counter claim or actually making the info correct you would just be causing trouble.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

the end tyre looks alot like a Kyosho rim
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Then what is it? You can say they're wrong but without a counter claim or actually making the info correct you would just be causing trouble.
Does it really matter. The end product is performance of the tyre. Be it a GRP rubber on kyosho rim, GRP on GRP etc.... We here want to know what is the best total tyre irrespective of the manufacturers debate right

Focue people, focus hehehe :
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #66
Tech Addict

deleted
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #67
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Dredd,

Some of the "posters" in these forums are experts in their field. In the world of tiny car tires - well, Jack is an expert. He may tell you partial "bits" of information to set the record straight and to remove confusion. It wasn't important who's rubber Kyosho was using - it just wasn't GRP. Jack isn't spreading gossip - he has actually added some very interesting insights. Read what he posts - he knows a great deal about these tires.

Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Dredd,

Some of the "posters" in these forums are experts in their field. In the world of tiny car tires - well, Jack is an expert. He may tell you partial "bits" of information to set the record straight and to remove confusion. It wasn't important who's rubber Kyosho was using - it just wasn't GRP. Jack isn't spreading gossip - he has actually added some very interesting insights. Read what he posts - he knows a great deal about these tires.

Rich
People want to know what it uses. I don't really care if you wanna correct someone, but post the CORRECT info as well.

Expert or not be thorough.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
Does it really matter. The end product is performance of the tyre. Be it a GRP rubber on kyosho rim, GRP on GRP etc.... We here want to know what is the best total tyre irrespective of the manufacturers debate right

Focue people, focus hehehe :
No it does matter. I can go around all the forums I read and say "wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong too, nope, not true" without actually correcting anyone and it goes nowhere.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic

First off, there is technically no such thing as "GRP rubber". All the foam used in R/C gas car racing comes from a single factory in Japan. Everyone uses the same foam. Some tires seem to work better than others because of the rim stiffness, or offset. Maybe the durometer readings are a little off or the tires are older and firmer. Perhaps Brand X cuts the donuts smaller than Brand Y. These are very slight differences.
I really don't feel obligated to discuss where exactly Kyosho gets their tires made. Suffice to say that GRP does not do it. That is all that is relevant in this conversation. Contrary to what you think, Dredd, this is not causing trouble...it is called enlightening the consumer.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
First off, there is technically no such thing as "GRP rubber". All the foam used in R/C gas car racing comes from a single factory in Japan. Everyone uses the same foam.
The same factory in Japan??!!

I'll have more questions for you later when I have more time.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
First off, there is technically no such thing as "GRP rubber". All the foam used in R/C gas car racing comes from a single factory in Japan. Everyone uses the same foam. Some tires seem to work better than others because of the rim stiffness, or offset. Maybe the durometer readings are a little off or the tires are older and firmer. Perhaps Brand X cuts the donuts smaller than Brand Y. These are very slight differences.
I really don't feel obligated to discuss where exactly Kyosho gets their tires made. Suffice to say that GRP does not do it. That is all that is relevant in this conversation. Contrary to what you think, Dredd, this is not causing trouble...it is called enlightening the consumer.
In my experience, if someone claims another person is wrong without providing something to prove they're right then everyone is left just guessing.

Whatever
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #73
Tech Addict

And we are meant to be adults
Old 03-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Did not mean to start an argument...I guess in the end it does not matter who the rubber comes from as long as the tire performs. Its just that in my experience GRP tires seem to work extremely well. I would by GRP, but the price is a lil much for my financial situation at the moment. Bottom line though is...I found a wheel that works well for me.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #75
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The same factory in Japan??!!

I'll have more questions for you later when I have more time.
funny! me too!
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote