R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #46
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
RoadDome/RoadRails by HyperHobbies - http://www.roaddome.com
Hey thanks for the link. Btw, how much is it. Also does it hav a bit of give if you hit the barriers or clip them?
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Talking about tyres, www.hobbybug.com sells both GQ and GRP tyres for US$9.75. They don't advertise their GRP online but can fill in request form. Not sure about shipping charges. They are based in singapore. Hope this may help reduce costs for some of you guys
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
Hey thanks for the link. Btw, how much is it. Also does it hav a bit of give if you hit the barriers or clip them?
Cost: Not sure. I didn't buy them. I'm not sure that the company is even still in business. They got hit by the Hurricane that also hit New Orleans and I'm not sure they ever recovered. The European distributor said that there were plans for the company to get back into business, but I never heard back from the owner. I sent HyperHobbies another email just now and we'll see if they respond.

Because of the way the barriers are shaped, you either clip it and go on your merry way or jump it. One thing you have to watch for, is to lay them down in the right direction, so you don't catch your car on the overlap. Just FYI: We tape it down so it doesn't move.

For temporary tracks, I think they are great. Easy to setup and put away.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #49
Tech Addict
 
dr_catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: My baby as an embryo
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Cost: Not sure. I didn't buy them. I'm not sure that the company is even still in business. They got hit by the Hurricane that also hit New Orleans and I'm not sure they ever recovered. The European distributor said that there were plans for the company to get back into business, but I never heard back from the owner. I sent HyperHobbies another email just now and we'll see if they respond.

Because of the way the barriers are shaped, you either clip it and go on your merry way or jump it. One thing you have to watch for, is to lay them down in the right direction, so you don't catch your car on the overlap. Just FYI: We tape it down so it doesn't move.

For temporary tracks, I think they are great. Easy to setup and put away.
What about for permanent tracks, what material do you recommend to prevent cars from jumping into on coming traffic, yet minimise damage?
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #50
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
What about for permanent tracks, what material do you recommend to prevent cars from jumping into oncoming traffic, yet minimize damage?
Sorry, I don't have a recommendation. Never built a permanent track.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 AM   #51
Tech Adept
 
nitro_moe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 109
Default

Now that we are discussing tire issues,, I got a general question regarding tires. Which size is better to be used for rear tires,, 30mm or 32mm??

I'm looking at the Kawahara tires and having quite a puzzle which size to go with. I've only used GRP and Jaco 30mm rears before. Although I know that a wider rear could give more stability to the car's handling in theory. I also think that having a narrower front than usual could open a wider door for constant oversteering... Then again, I could also be wong

Please if anyone has any thoughts, comments, or have used these tires before, please go ahead and share.

Thanks..
nitro_moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #52
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

30mm


Where are you guys buying the k-factory tires?
atxgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #53
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgman
30mm


Where are you guys buying the k-factory tires?
Raceday Hobbies for me
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Raceday Hobbies for me
Same here. Just placed another order.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #55
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I believe that these are the GRP tires that Jelayne was initially referring to:



Part Numbers (source)

Fronts:

GVW04C 35 Shore
GVW04D 37 Shore
GVW04E 40 Shore
GVW04F 42 Shore

Rears:

GVW06C 35 Shore
GVW06D 37 Shore
GVW06E 40 Shore
GVW06F 42 Shore

And yes, these are GRPs.

__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Lil Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 265
Default

for you 1/8th scale guys....try Kyosho Red Box. Very Very good tire. The rims are extremely strong, and the rubber is GRP without the GRP price. One set will run about 46-48 bucks.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #57
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Paul
for you 1/8th scale guys....try Kyosho Red Box. Very Very good tire. The rims are extremely strong, and the rubber is GRP without the GRP price. One set will run about 46-48 bucks.
If you order the 1/8 Red Box tires direct from Kyosho America, they'll run $38 a set + shipping. I would assume this is why I can't find them through any dealers. The quality of the wheel and foam is second to none.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

Kyosho rubber is not from GRP.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Kyosho rubber is not from GRP.
Are you just always looking to correct someone? Maybe they got the wrong information. Just PM the person with the right information instead of correcting them in public. moron!
Jumpship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #60
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I believe that these are the GRP tires that Jelayne was initially referring to:



Part Numbers (source)

Fronts:

GVW04C 35 Shore
GVW04D 37 Shore
GVW04E 40 Shore
GVW04F 42 Shore

Rears:

GVW06C 35 Shore
GVW06D 37 Shore
GVW06E 40 Shore
GVW06F 42 Shore

And yes, these are GRPs.


That is correct rmd these are the tyres I was referring to... does anyone have word on them?
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning Out Garage Sale TIRES TIRES TIRES MattOCM R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-15-2008 03:55 PM
Foam Tires, Parma, TRC, JACO, Tire truer, Rubbers tires and much much more! Team Speedy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 43 12-15-2006 10:38 AM
Team Orion tires / monster truck tires and weld wheels evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-25-2006 09:52 PM
TIRES tires TIres, Ellegi or UFRA. bleach1 Nitro On-Road 51 06-01-2004 10:58 PM
Used trc & jaco touring & 12th scale tires trued mint shape a ton of tires 1 to 3 run jason cheng R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 01-02-2004 10:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net