R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods
The air needs to go somewhere , if it enters a window without a direct out then it will cause drag .. Usually what we do is cut the front and back screen, but that does take away from a lot of front down force which helps steering and front end grip...
So the big holes infront and behing don't affect downforce. That is good. Was worried it might. Should they then both be in the middle of the window.
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #17
Tech Master

Any hole anywhere on the body will affect down force to a point.. Any plane facing the forward direction of the vehicle will affect its drivability when changed.. However large or small the difference may be ..

here is a guide to all sorts of stuff including suspension, aerodynamics etc.. its a brain ache to get through it all but its awesome once you get you rhead around it.. Cheers

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:
Any hole anywhere on the body will affect down force to a point.. Any plane facing the forward direction of the vehicle will affect its drivability when changed.. However large or small the difference may be ..

here is a guide to all sorts of stuff including suspension, aerodynamics etc.. its a brain ache to get through it all but its awesome once you get you rhead around it.. Cheers

Hey thanks for the URL, really is useful
Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #19
Tech Regular

I read that article a few weeks ago. I agree, hard on the brain especially if you a teenager like me. But its very helpful.
XNXIXTXRXOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNXIXTXRXOX
I read that article a few weeks ago. I agree, hard on the brain especially if you a teenager like me. But its very helpful.
hehe
Old 02-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #21
Tech Master

man wait till your over 30 .. lol the only thing your brain moves for is beer and chicks .. lol
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 02-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #22
Tech Regular

True enough
XNXIXTXRXOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Quote:

Just a though, wouldn;t holes in the windows and a hole in the back be ideal. The air gest sucked in and out, with minimal downforce affected?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
Tech Master

Yes that could work , But without a hole in the front window, re fuelling is a pain ... What you dont want is air coming in from the side and being forced down ..
Old 02-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yes that could work , But without a hole in the front window, re fuelling is a pain ... What you dont want is air coming in from the side and being forced down ..
Could always make a small iternal winglet below the hole in the back to direct the air down. act as a rear downforce wing.