Wiki Posts
Search

Total noob to nitros

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Total noob to nitros

OK, ive been racing electric onroad for close to 2 1/2 years now. I want to try nitro racing but i know absolute F all about them lol. Im a total noob to nitros and was wondering sudgestions of cars.

I would like a belt car:

So far ive looked at:

MTX-3
V One RR ( What ever it is )
TM Something lol

what other cars are out there and any sudgestions would be good
Old 02-09-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
OK, ive been racing electric onroad for close to 2 1/2 years now. I want to try nitro racing but i know absolute F all about them lol. Im a total noob to nitros and was wondering sudgestions of cars.

I would like a belt car:

So far ive looked at:

MTX-3
TM Something lol

The best bet is to get a current model as parts are much easier to get hold of and they perform much better on the track once dialed in
I would suggest Mtx4, Kyosho RRR EVO as these 2 are the most popular and you'll be able to get help with setup Etc.. from the guys who run the same car.
Choose the car you can get parts supply easiest as there isn't anything between the cars perfomance wise
Old 02-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Visit the Web sites in my signature and you'll get some pretty good info on the V-ONE RRR and MTX-4.

The latest and greatest car is the Team XRAY NT1 - http://www.teamxray.com . If you can wait a few months, it's probably worth the wait. Checkout this years Winternats (Feb 11-17) results to see how it does.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kid TT-01

I would like a belt car:

So far ive looked at:

MTX-3
TM Something lol

Any of the top cars...Mugen MTX-4, Kyosho VOne-RRR, Serpent 720, Team Magic G4S will perform similarly. The difference is the driver and ease of setup. From what I hear the TM G4S and Kyosho are the easiest to get setup.

The Xray car looks sweet, however it isn't in the hands of the public so little problems and quirks aren't known yet. I'd hold off on deciding to purchase that exact one until it's available and there's some feedback.