Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Duratrax Street Force GP >

Duratrax Street Force GP

Duratrax Street Force GP

Old 11-14-2001, 08:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax Street Force GP

Good? Bad? Pros? Cons? - as a starter car...
Old 11-14-2001, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Well it is a Duratrax so it has that stresstech guarantee which is good. Cause you will be crashing lots

But they are not race cars so if you are gonna race forget it. Even with hopups it will disapoint you.

One word of advice. EVEN IF THEY LOOK COOL DO NOT BUY HOPUPS FOR THE CAR. Drive it like it is and you will have fun without emptying you wallet.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Why can't you race them?
Old 11-14-2001, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't say you couldn't race them, I said if you intend to become a serious racer some time in the future then you are better off getting a more modern design car. They are much more expensive however. The "pro level" cars are designed for racing and are very strong and have all the adjusstments you need for serious racing. If you are going to casual race and mostly bash the duratrax will do OK on th track for you.
Old 11-17-2001, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

I have one and it's up for sale right now. There are only a couple of things I dislike or hate about the car. The front thread shock is really stiff and hard, no matter how u adjust it, it still the same. The servo they include really is weak, It don't even have power to brake... When u wanna change battery for ur RX, u have to take out about 4 screw on the top deck just to take it out and change the batt. No handle to carry the car when it's on the ground. The things i like is.. 2 speed is equip, with full ball bearings, very fast, and warranty is good with what you need, but they still do make mistake with sending back the costumers parts. The car is durable, it won't break all the time, nice purple tune pipe with lots of low end power. I suggest if u get one, change the servos, front sping and shock, some how work the upper deck so u can change the Rx batt quicker. Remember parts is still hard to fine in some areas. This is a Great car for beginers, come with glow ignitor, fuel bottle, batterys for trans, etc. No need to build, and comes with some hop ups.