Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Choice Non Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Simon the MT12 is a mugen motor. To be safe get the mugen one otherwise you might get the short rod version from the other companies. I'm not sure what it is from NovaRossi... a cx12? is that right guys?

Jon
Old 03-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

I'm thinking of going for the Mugen one also.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

IS the MT12 anybetter than the O.S. .12 TR (non turbo) ?
Old 03-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Simply and understatedly YES.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rod_b
Do you know where I could get one of these P/S sets?
Should have available at the same place you get your RB engines, if not, ask to custom order that part and insist you want this part no.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

i recommend the sirio 3 port engine seems to be the fastest engine ive seen for the money

i got mine for 150 and it screams

next engine on my list is the novarossi s3

a friend of mine was lucky enough to get one already and its very fast he told me all things are pretty much maxed out to maximum legal specifications already

mt12 is a great engine and so is mr12 ive had them and they are both great but sirio is faster IMO

i have never had a RB engine but ive heard nothing but good things about them

there are alot of good choices out there nowadays a couple years ago it was mostly mt12 engines
Old 03-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default engines

I run a stock rb x-12 and like it alot .Mid range the car just seems to launch the car. I put at least 5 galls through it , maybe 6 and it still has good compression. One thing for the newbies out there to remember. First learn to hold a line and tune well(Both car and engine), before you think of getting more power. Yeah, it looks and feels nice going fast on the straight, but if you want to do some real racing, keeping the power to the floor and holding good lines is what counts. Most races are won in the turns. I see one of you who has been running with me, sees my car run and still thinks its the engine. You are still not getting it. Take this for what it is worth. If I helped a newbie or 2 with this, then it is worth it.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: engines

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
I run a stock rb x-12 and like it alot .Mid range the car just seems to launch the car. I put at least 5 galls through it , maybe 6 and it still has good compression. One thing for the newbies out there to remember. First learn to hold a line and tune well(Both car and engine), before you think of getting more power. Yeah, it looks and feels nice going fast on the straight, but if you want to do some real racing, keeping the power to the floor and holding good lines is what counts. Most races are won in the turns. I see one of you who has been running with me, sees my car run and still thinks its the engine. You are still not getting it. Take this for what it is worth. If I helped a newbie or 2 with this, then it is worth it.

Haha, I'm one of Charlies "newbies". I feel that I'm ready for more power... =) I might get the engine next month..... =/ Trying to find the lowest price on the Mugen MT12... Anybody know where to get this for lower than 140?
Old 03-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Corse-R
Only 'flaw' I see on the stock X12 engines is their cast piston who can't withstand the punishment of today racing on 200mm cars.

Can be quite easily solved when needing to install a new P/S with their 1700-037 spare part, who is the stock P/S with the billet machined piston (like Nova S3 engines) rather than 1700-035 spare part.
I've called and looked a few different places and can't seem to be able to find a part #1700-037 anywhere. Do you have any advice or leads as to where I can find this part?

Jon
Old 03-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Swen
I've called and looked a few different places and can't seem to be able to find a part #1700-037 anywhere. Do you have any advice or leads as to where I can find this part?
The correct part number is 1700-036, my apologies.

Found the information Here

You can contact the RB importer and ask for this part and ask when should be available at your country.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by chachi
would i notice a big performance gain going from an OS TR to the novarossi rs12 s5? it is for a 705, parking lot racing.
I second that. The S5 is a great engine for the money, very durable and like most Novarossi engines, tunning is not a problem. The Mugen Mt12 is also a good engine, considering it to be 3 port and using standard plug, this thing is a little beast..!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: engines

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
...One thing for the newbies out there to remember. First learn to hold a line and tune well (Both car and engine), before you think of getting more power. Yeah, it looks and feels nice going fast on the straight, but if you want to do some real racing, keeping the power to the floor and holding good lines is what counts. Most races are won in the turns. I see one of you who has been running with me, sees my car run and still thinks its the engine. You are still not getting it...
True, very true.

When I raced my RS42, i had a real old engine in, and about two people could pass me no sweat on the 120 foot straight (yeah that bad), and yet I would gain more than that on the infield.

on adifferent note, one of the funnest things to watch is the lower mains, when the new guy at the track (the one focusing way too hard), ends up trying to drag race the race leader on the back straight, and ends up plowing into the track border....
Don't be that Guy
Old 03-21-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

I'll try not to, lol, nah i've learned my lesson way back in the day when i used to do slot cars where handling is more important than power to weight ratio

Im2lazy, did ya get my emails?
Old 03-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

I responded to your PM's on the other board. I'll check email now.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

aight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.