R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2007, 05:52 AM   #16

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

And that 20% difference is color only thats the exact same gun as the pro-line. Even the handle is exact.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #17
Tech Regular

ive never seen that gun looks identicle to proline exept the colors what brand is that
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

Differences are the chain applied fuel gun lid and the slanting ventage at the front.

I found it over here: Fuel Gun

I'll buy and try it within these few days.
LateComer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #19
Tech Regular

I think an important factor in fuel guns, besides how fast they are, is whether they have fuel cc volume markings on the resevior. I have a Dynamite gun and it definitely not one of the fastest guns out there. But because I can read the fuel markings on the bottle after a pit stop, I can tell whether I am able to go longer on the next fuel stop ( getting my guy in the pits by himself with no traffic). Having this knowledge can sometimes move your guy up substantially more than than a faster gun with no volume markings.
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2gee
I think an important factor in fuel guns, besides how fast they are, is whether they have fuel cc volume markings on the resevior. I have a Dynamite gun and it definitely not one of the fastest guns out there. But because I can read the fuel markings on the bottle after a pit stop, I can tell whether I am able to go longer on the next fuel stop ( getting my guy in the pits by himself with no traffic). Having this knowledge can sometimes move your guy up substantially more than than a faster gun with no volume markings.
Dude, I see what your saying and won't disagree. However I think you should have the amount of time figured out for your fuel stops before the main. And being the pit guy you should use a stopwatch. This will be way more accurate. Your way isn't bad or anything, but if your in a race where seconds count, you need the stopwatch. If you ever pit for a Big name at a Big race, you will understand. However, this is not always the situation we are facing. This is why I can't disagree with you.

One thing you could do with these "Proline" see thru guns, is to mark them yourself using your cars fuel tank as the calibrater. So with your method you could have a fast gun and figure out how much fuel it used. Or you could even get a measureing cup used for cooking and measure it in any increments you needed. Just a few suggestions as I know how slow the Dynamite gun is. I use mine for breaking in motors, but not racing. For racing I use the RB!!
Attached Thumbnails
Best Fuel Gun?-rb-gun-013.jpg  
Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I see what your saying and won't disagree. However I think you should have the amount of time figured out for your fuel stops before the main. And being the pit guy you should use a stopwatch. This will be way more accurate. Your way isn't bad or anything, but if your in a race where seconds count, you need the stopwatch. If you ever pit for a Big name at a Big race, you will understand. However, this is not always the situation we are facing. This is why I can't disagree with you.
Oh dude, dont worry, I do use a stopwatch too. A stop watch does nothing to tell me how much fuel the car used in five minutes just like markings on a fuel bottle tell me nothing about how many minutes the car has been on the track. You need the the information both provide and make decisions from both as the race progresses. Of course, I haven't been doing this very long, maybe I need to pit a Big Name at a Big Race so I will understand a little better.
www.motorists.org
Old 03-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Oh dude, dont worry, I do use a stopwatch too. A stop watch does nothing to tell me how much fuel the car used in five minutes just like markings on a fuel bottle tell me nothing about how many minutes the car has been on the track. You need the the information both provide and make decisions from both as the race progresses. Of course, I haven't been doing this very long, maybe I need to pit a Big Name at a Big Race so I will understand a little better.
I sence a tad bit of sarcasm here. Which is cool as hell because it's all about fun. YEAH BABY!!! Dude, I didn't mean any disrespect to your methods. I actually never took into consideration your point of view, which has actually taught me something new that I have been pondering since I read your post. So thanks for the heads up. And as far as my "A" main comment, I'm an ass...yes, but was trying to get a point accross about the pit stop speed and chaos in that pit area. It would just be very difficult to use the fuel gun only method in this situation. Sorry I assumed you didn't use the stop watch. Me ass again. And I am a bit confused to the information that you get from your fuel bottle. If my car uses 75 cc or 125 cc in 5 minutes, then I need to pit in 5 minutes. This will already let me know that my fuel bottle is no 75 or 125 cc lower. I didn't learn anything by using both the stop watch and the fuel bottle. So I guess I don't understand 100% your point. I have always drove the car till it's basically out of fuel and then figure how much time you have between pit stops. Unless what you are saying is that you see the fuel consumption increase or decrease throughout the race, you can then compensate accordingly. Wow dude, I hope I didn't loose you there. Anyway, if you could explain what I am missing here, that would be awesome, so I could actually TRY you technique out. Like I said, I do have the fuel bottle your talking about and have a race comming up this weekend. Cool dude. Thanks for being understand and a good smart ass. Later.

PS. I'm at work trying to sneak this in, so not as focused right now, please forgive!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
Tech Rookie
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Since it's not out yet I do not have any experience with it, but I will buy this one when it's available.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=LOSA99070
Frode S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Quote:

P2gee, do you mean the marks on the column like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Best Fuel Gun?-fuel-gun-column.jpg  
DayDream0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #25
Tech Master

ya i like the RB fuel gun too
Old 03-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
And I am a bit confused to the information that you get from your fuel bottle. If my car uses 75 cc or 125 cc in 5 minutes, then I need to pit in 5 minutes. This will already let me know that my fuel bottle is no 75 or 125 cc lower. I didn't learn anything by using both the stop watch and the fuel bottle. So I guess I don't understand 100% your point. I have always drove the car till it's basically out of fuel and then figure how much time you have between pit stops. Unless what you are saying is that you see the fuel consumption increase or decrease throughout the race, you can then compensate accordingly. Wow dude, I hope I didn't loose you there. Anyway, if you could explain what I am missing here, that would be awesome, so I could actually TRY you technique out. Like I said, I do have the fuel bottle your talking about and have a race comming up this weekend. Cool dude. Thanks for being understand and a good smart ass. Later.

PS. I'm at work trying to sneak this in, so not as focused right now, please forgive!

I personally believe pit man should work to try every means to advance his driver to a higher position, not just refill his tank when it's empty. A pit man who knows how much or how little his drivers car used in say a 5 minute pit cycle can use this info to plan a pit strategy as the events of the race pan out. Example: Let say in a race you are in first place and my driver is right behind you second. Both of you are about equal in pace, your not pulling away but my guy is not really catching you either. Both of you are pitting at 5 minutes along with serveral other cars and you have to be careful exiting the pits because of all the pit lane congestion. I notice after 3 or four pit stops that my guys car is only taking 100cc to fill the tank and I have 25cc of fuel to play with after five minutes. This gives me some options to help my driver at the end of the race. For example wait till the last pit stop of the race and keep my guy out on the track for an extra lap when you pit , pit him the next lap when we could possibly have pit lane to ourselves. This could allow him to exit pit lane at a faster rate due to no traffic and end up being ahead of you for the last 3 or 4 minutes with very little time to do anything about it.
www.motorists.org
Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
I personally believe pit man should work to try every means to advance his driver to a higher position, not just refill his tank when it's empty. A pit man who knows how much or how little his drivers car used in say a 5 minute pit cycle can use this info to plan a pit strategy as the events of the race pan out. Example: Let say in a race you are in first place and my driver is right behind you second. Both of you are about equal in pace, your not pulling away but my guy is not really catching you either. Both of you are pitting at 5 minutes along with serveral other cars and you have to be careful exiting the pits because of all the pit lane congestion. I notice after 3 or four pit stops that my guys car is only taking 100cc to fill the tank and I have 25cc of fuel to play with after five minutes. This gives me some options to help my driver at the end of the race. For example wait till the last pit stop of the race and keep my guy out on the track for an extra lap when you pit , pit him the next lap when we could possibly have pit lane to ourselves. This could allow him to exit pit lane at a faster rate due to no traffic and end up being ahead of you for the last 3 or 4 minutes with very little time to do anything about it.
i agree with that pit man play more of a roll than a lot of people think
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDream0619
Yep.... Thats it.
www.motorists.org
Old 03-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
My friend, I couldn't agree with you more. Lots of people underestimate the pitmans responsibilities. There is way more then filling up the tank as you said. Lots of stragedy even in a 20 min main. This is sort of why I mentioned the "A" main pitting earlier. I have only helped pit in a handful of these 1 hour mains with all these National sponsored drivers in the race. I'm lucky to race with a few at my club. 20+ years in the 1:8th scale (the sponsored guys at my track). Anyway, you are alowed 2 pitman in the pit area. Well the Intensity is like no other experience I have had in the pits the few times that I helped pit. I mean having 20 guys in the pits for 10 Killer drivers. When you have that stop watch, you are responsible for making sure you driver is taken care of in every sence of the word. Now I have raced (1:8th) for about 8 years, so no stranger to the scene. It was about 5 years ago when I did pit for these A main dudes. So I guess with only 3 years under my belt at the time (in 1:8th Scale), it was a bit intimidating, especially these guys are not my regular driver that I would pit for. You know how you learn to pit for you buddy and vice versa. That's no big deal at all. We might not be A main drivers, but we are in the middle or top of the B's. So that's where that all came from. It was actually quite stressful. One of the guys I pitted for was Darin Ishotoni at the time when he NEEDED a good finish as he was being aproached by new sponsorship possibly due to the results at that race. Well, I know Darin and all, but didn't know his race style or expectations, and I felt the pressure. It wasn't like, dude can you pit for me..."sure bro, no prob". You know what I mean. I forgot what happened to his pit guy, maybe raced in the same main, but is was quit nerve racking.

See, I guess where I got confused with one of your previous statments was that if after 5 minutes you still have 1/5th of a tank left (maybe 2 laps) then I wouldn't have hime pit if he didn't need it. Because after 45 to 60 minutes later, he would actually be doing one less pit then others throughout the race. And yes, you need to pay attention when the group pits and know your fuel consumption so well that you would be able to tell if he could make it one extra lap to avoid the crowd. I appreciate your reply, because even with my 10 years of experience, I'm always open minded enough to listen to what others have to say when it involves an inteligent perspective. You know what I mean. Well shucks dude, I didn't mean to write a novel here. I'm tired and very good at rambling! Thanks for the post bro. Keep up the good work! Later.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #30
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDream0619
REayDream,

Is it from KM racing?
I just mentioned the blue head
cgstrrf is offline   Reply With Quote