Wiki Posts
Search

Sanwa ERG-WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sanwa ERG-WRX

Has anybody tried it?

Planning to use it in my 720, which connector is it supplied with? Is it the old sanwa style or a futaba compatible one?

By the way, would you guys buy the Futaba Fasst system or the Spectrum DSM HRS, for use with a 3pk super?

Thanks a lot...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

While I'm at it:

Does anybody have the dimensions of the SR3000HRS (spektrum receiver)?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

MartinG:

I use the same servos on my 720 also and they are great,the WRX is a digital servo and its the fastesat servo on the market today....
Old 01-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

The WRX is fantastic servo and very reliable. The plug is the new style. I could say Futaba compatible but it does not have the small "blade" on the side of the plug. That means that it can fit into a Futaba receiver, while a Futaba servo does not fit into a Sanwa receiver unless you "shave" the plug.

Regarding the size of the spektrum receiver, I do not have the exact dimensions however, it is the same size with the Sanwa RX 211 receiver, which is a very small receiver.
//BR
Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot, the WRX seems lika a good bet then..

So what do you think:

Futaba FASST vs. Spectrum DSM HRS, pros and cons?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MartinG

So what do you think:

I was one of the first Spektrum funs in my country. I used it for many races and I did not have a single problem. Suddenly the same day my car and another car with Spektrum in the track started having problems and the fail safe started activating. Mine activated only once. At the very end of the straight where I was going with about 85-90Km/h and just before I brake to turn right the long curve. At this point the fail safe took about 1 sec to activate but even then was useless because the car moved to the end of the track at the dirty area where the brakes do not have any effect and crashed on the wall 15 meters away. You imagine what happened. Even the engine crank broke. Total disaster.
the other car driver was more lucky. The problem started when he was at a slow part of the track and the fail safe activated and the car stopped with no damage at all a few meters further down.
Since then I switched back to the original module and receiver and I use crystals. I managed to find a crystal set that is really difficult to find and it is not spread around.
I believe that this technology is not mature yet and it is possible that it can be affected by factors that we and the manufacturers do not know them yet, in order to eliminate them.
As for the Futaba versus Spektrum, I do not have an opinion since I have not tested Futaba.
//BR
Old 01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

So what do you think:

It is definately a good buy.. The WRX perform marvelously well except for my throttle servo which jammed for no reason. I didn't care much, sent it to be repaired, and bought me a new one because of its performance...

Regarding Spektrum,, I'm currently using the DSM PRO version and I can say it was a bit confusing using a short antenna at first. The failsafe kept self-activating at certain parts of the track . But ever since I extended the reciever antenna to full extension (roughly 5 inches), I never had a problem. Besides, both Spektrum and Futaba FASST use the same 2.4ghz technology.

Good luck..
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your input guys, I guess I'll just have to order a WRX then...

nitro_moe: Do you use a WRX for th/br? Isn't that just overkill? Wouldn't it be better to use a light, but equally fast servo primarily designed for helis? Is torque really that important for th/br?

etgdpu: Sorry to hear about your crash, It stinks when you have to put your hard-earned cash into repairing your ride. Sadly, that's what all hobbies are about; making your wallet lighter...
Old 01-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your input guys, I guess I'll just have to order a WRX then...

nitro_moe: Do you use a WRX for th/br? Isn't that just overkill? Wouldn't it be better to use a light, but equally fast servo primarily designed for helis? Is torque really that important for th/br?
You really don't need that much torque for throttle/brake in a 1/10. The WRX comes with 8.1kg of torque.. Besides, I have to decrease it on my radio down to 30-40% of it's torque (can't remember correctly). Anything with more power will start to pull the engine and cause major gear stripping problems. I can also recomend you to go with the following servos:

Sanwa ERG-RZ
Sanwa ERG-VR

Regarding steering,, I'm very happy with the speed and torque of the WRX. Sometimes you need to have a small margin for steering corrections and the WRX is one of fastest operating servos currently in the market. So it should be highly responsive when you need to make a correction. If you feel it's too fast for you, you can always mess around with the servo delay in your radio.

Trust me,,, you will be amazed by the speed and performance of these servos