R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Car Park Track designs (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/146092-car-park-track-designs.html)

jelayne 01-23-2007 11:57 AM

Car Park Track designs

Folks we are using a temporary large carpark for the while and I am looking for some challenging track courses to put in place for our upcoming season, any ideas or can you all send me to a good site for course designs we are currently limited to 1/10 nitro and electric

thanks

Secret_weapon 01-25-2007 12:18 AM

You can use the Track Maker, Its very easy to use.

I don't know where you can get it. I have it but I dont know how to attach it.

Can anyone help please.

rmdhawaii 01-25-2007 12:28 AM

What are the dimensions of your parking lot and do you have any pictures/drawings of the types of layouts you've been using?

Winner's Circle 01-25-2007 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by jelayne
Folks we are using a temporary large carpark for the while and I am looking for some challenging track courses to put in place for our upcoming season, any ideas or can you all send me to a good site for course designs we are currently limited to 1/10 nitro and electric

thanks

Back when we used to race in a parking lot we would have a contest amoung the club members where they submitted their lay-outs and then the entire club would review the submissions and vote on which one they wanted to run on.

We ran a 18 race yearly series and had 2 lay-outs per year (9 races each). In order to get your club members to make a submission you could offer the winner submitter a prize of no entry fee or something to that effect.

rmdhawaii 01-25-2007 08:23 AM

One thing to keep in mind, is that ROAR rules specify a miminum lane width. For 1/10th on-road paved electric and fuel, it's 10 feet. Adhering to this rule helps prevent people from designing tracks that are actually more suitable for 1/12th scale cars.

The farther the location of the track, the wider it should be. In other words, when you're standing on the drivers stand, 10 feet actually looks narrower than it really is. Depending on how far away it is, you may want to make the lane 15-20 feet wide.

Sweeping or technical? It's really up to your club, but make sure you include at least one long straight. Two is good, if you have the space.

Make sure you make provisions for turn marshalls.

Winner's Circle 01-25-2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
One thing to keep in mind, is that ROAR rules specify a miminum lane width. For 1/10th on-road paved electric and fuel, it's 10 feet. Adhering to this rule helps prevent people from designing tracks that are actually more suitable for 1/12th scale cars.

The farther the location of the track, the wider it should be. In other words, when you're standing on the drivers stand, 10 feet actually looks narrower than it really is. Depending on how far away it is, you may want to make the lane 15-20 feet wide.

Sweeping or technical? It's really up to your club, but make sure you include at least one long straight. Two is good, if you have the space.

Make sure you make provisions for turn marshalls.

RDM brings up a great point. We made the front straight 14 feet wide because that was the size of our AMB bridge. The next lane back was 20 feet wide, the one behind it was 25 ft and the back straight was 30 feet wide. We also put a big run off area at the end of the straight to give the cars room to slow down if you overcooked the straight and missed your braking point.

Our track did meet ROAR requirments. The biggest deal is to make sure the outside walls are thick and tall enough. This required heavy wood but it would stop the cars.

neltime64 01-29-2007 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Secret_weapon
You can use the Track Maker, Its very easy to use.

I don't know where you can get it. I have it but I dont know how to attach it.

Can anyone help please.

You can get it from the link listed below:

http://www.zanthrax.nl/index.php?id=20

Trackmaker

jelayne 02-08-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What are the dimensions of your parking lot and do you have any pictures/drawings of the types of layouts you've been using?

rmd sorry for the late reply, internet issues, but the track area is small basically it is a square area 100 * 100 ft

A really tight space