R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #121
Tech Regular

hi
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #122
Tech Master

If there is anyone from the Seattle area on this thread bring your Supers out this Saturday to race. Last year there were tons of supers and now you can barely get a race in that class. Here is the website for more details www.raincityraceway.com.

Hope to see more people on Saturday.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Default Super size racing

Guys;

For those of you in Southern California:

Hobby People Escondido
Next Saturday, 05/17/03

Bring your Super(s) so we can have enough for a class.

So Far 2 possibly 3 are already lined up.

Hobby People racing schedule
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:46 PM   #124
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Puttin my 12 tr in the Super tomorrow....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:22 AM   #125
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

cool... new Super size body.

http://www.hpiracing.com/coolstuff/coolstuff.htm#rcx

Dunno how it handle, but cool none the less.

I would assume that we will see some more new Super Bodies as HPI europe released the electric super.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:22 AM   #126
Tech Master

Default Finally

At last I finally got to race my super and I was impressed. I only had to change my camber to -1.0 degrees and the car hooked up extrememly well on a super slick surface. I TQ'd all three qual's and then when the main came around my bell housing broke it separated from the 2 speed. Weird some kind of defect. Anyhow all in all I was happy with the performance.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:35 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Default Super Size discussion

Guys; This coming weekend (05/17/03) will be the first race for the Super in too many months.

I'll post the results and my final set-up sometime next week.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM   #128
Tech Apprentice

number 11, please let us now your complete setup, tires and all. is that 1 degree camber on all four corners ? whats the WB ? i am still having problems getting my rear to hook up... mine handles like my buggy, seriously.
compuatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Default Camber settings

Guys;

I'll do some experimentation with Camber settings this weekend, but from past experience I've always had better success with -1 degree or less Camber at all 4 corners. Any more and that end of the Car loses grip.
With the Camber Link Modification, I should be able to run -1 plus degs and still have good grip coming out of the corners. This was my experience with the Mod on the Nitro-2 Cars.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:50 PM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by compuatic
number 11, please let us now your complete setup, tires and all. is that 1 degree camber on all four corners ? whats the WB ? i am still having problems getting my rear to hook up... mine handles like my buggy, seriously.
Here is my setup.
60 wt oil front
40 wt oil rear
Purple progressive springs front
Green progressive springs rear
1 degree camber on all 4 tires
HPI #72215 Gear Diff Adjustment Spring Set (Front-Gold, Rear-Black)
Hpi 27r #4597
# 4691 Inner Foam (Firm - Blue) Front
# 4692 Inner Foam (Low Bounce - Beige) Rear
0 degree toe in the front
Box setup toe in rear can't remember what that is I think 2 degrees.

That's about it. I didn't add any droop because our track surface sucks and it is rough in many spots so ride height was about 8mm. If I went any lower it was tearing up my chassis. I also have a stiffer chassis and top plate so that helps as well.

Try that out and see if it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super_outside3.jpg (117.6 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-12-2003, 02:52 PM   #131
Tech Master

Default Re: Camber settings

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

I'll do some experimentation with Camber settings this weekend, but from past experience I've always had better success with -1 degree or less Camber at all 4 corners. Any more and that end of the Car loses grip.
With the Camber Link Modification, I should be able to run -1 plus degs and still have good grip coming out of the corners. This was my experience with the Mod on the Nitro-2 Cars.
Same here with camber. I had a RS4 3 last year and anything over 1.5 degrees killed grip. I started out with 1.5 degrees all the way around and eventually moved to 1 degree and it made a world of difference.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:04 AM   #132
Tech Elite

Default Super Size discussion

Number 11;

How is the overall Traction at your track and what tires do you normally run there?

I find that on a loose surface the Rear will stick better with about 4-5mm of REAR Droop (Per: Thad Garner). Also with lighter Shock Oil the Car is a little lazier so it breaks Traction less.

On a High Grip surface the opposite is true.

One of the reasons I love my Reflex so much is that I NEVER have to mess with anything except Rear Toe and Front Caster at the track. Shocks, Springs always the same.

I should mention that I experimented with increasing Rear Toe on my Super and the results were less than satisfactory.

See you Guys at the Track,
Old 05-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #133
Tech Master

Default Re: Super Size discussion

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Number 11;

How is the overall Traction at your track and what tires do you normally run there?

I find that on a loose surface the Rear will stick better with about 4-5mm of REAR Droop (Per: Thad Garner). Also with lighter Shock Oil the Car is a little lazier so it breaks Traction less.

On a High Grip surface the opposite is true.

One of the reasons I love my Reflex so much is that I NEVER have to mess with anything except Rear Toe and Front Caster at the track. Shocks, Springs always the same.

I should mention that I experimented with increasing Rear Toe on my Super and the results were less than satisfactory.

See you Guys at the Track,
Overall track sucks, not only that it is bumpy in many places. I haven't added any droop to the car and it works great. I also ran it at a roar track with a prepared surface and was happy.

I have an NTC3 as well and I have been having a really difficult time getting that setup for the track with less traction. The rear end is all over the place. I am going to go back to the box setup I used last year and see what happens.

Tires I have been using 23r and 27r. It hasn't gotten warm enough for 33r's.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Default Super set-ups

Guys;

I am going to try some Kyosho 'K-Zero' slicks in 35 compound this weekend on my Super. They work really well in the 1/10th size on Sealed Asphalt, but I'll bring the 27 & 33R's as back-up just in case.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:11 AM   #135
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering what will happen to my SN(stock) when I put in it a RB X12 5 port in it. I guess i will find out in a few days but maybe some predictions from you guys. The engines runs very well, sounds very well, and looks awesome. Hope to keep my Super in one piece but I can't refuse the offer. Wish me luck
Speed De is offline   Reply With Quote