Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG10R

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TG10R

What do you guys think of it? My local LHS stocks 90% Tamiya so I think that would be my best bet. What else can you recommend. I'm new to Nitro, but have got a lot of experience in electrics and I know a fair bit about nitro, so what should I get?

Last edited by rccarracer; 11-17-2001 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2001, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: TG10R

It's always best to get what your lhs supports. I race with a couple guys that have TG10's and TG10R's. They seem to be good cars and quite durable.
Old 11-18-2001, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: TG10R

Originally posted by psycho
It's always best to get what your lhs supports. I race with a couple guys that have TG10's and TG10R's. They seem to be good cars and quite durable.
not true. what if your hobby shop stocks crap cars? i'm more than certain your store stocks more than just tamiya. it would be stupid to do this, (stock only tamiya). check weather they have hpi, kyosho, mugen, serpent, NEO. maybe take your time and drive to the second nearest store? get a good car from the start.

don't take this the wrong way, i'm not saying the tg10R is bad, all im saying is don't let the hobby store sell you shyt that you don't want just cuz they stock it. i've seen a few tg10's (non R versions i think) and they were pritty bad. they are not really even good for a begginer to use for racing. i'd say go with hpi, or a kyosho v1s, NEO t21, or a mugen (the beginer vrs's). maybe the R is alot better.

the layout is a little like the tc3 noticed?
Old 11-18-2001, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

I occasionally run my Mk 1 Pro Racing Chassis and with it's current setup, it's lightning quick on the steering. Amost too quick. I don't run it much because the arms tend to wear out and get sloppy (a common Tamiya problem) but it does take a beating. It's not a bad car at all and I think the TG10R should be alittle better.