Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Front Handling Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front Handling Issue

As most have probably heard, ive had a problem with my car being hard to control and swerving to the right at full throttle.... When i was looking at my car, i turned the rear wheels but left the front on the ground. when i turned the wheels, the front seemed to jerk a little bit to the right (turn). then when i turns the wheels in a reverse fashion, they go back the other way. i figure this is happening on the course... how would i fix this problem or does this have nothing to do with my issue?

Thanks alot
Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

try a different servo it might be striped
Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

i tried... if its torque steer there is not much i can do.... i tried putting weighs on the front and back, ive tried fiddling with the suspension. the only thing that seemed to work was using tire compound. Any help would be grately appreciated.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by XNXIXTXRXOX
i tried... if its torque steer there is not much i can do.... i tried putting weighs on the front and back, ive tried fiddling with the suspension. the only thing that seemed to work was using tire compound. Any help would be grately appreciated.
Not getting a lot of advice on this issue ntc3 is a old car not a lot people still drive ntc3 I think that is the problem to getting sound help I remember just fews years back ntc3 was a very active thread on rctech depend on how serious of a racer you are you might look into getting a new kit.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Servo

I saw a fellow racer had a problem with his eighth scale that sounds like yours. We went crazy trying to fix it. It ended up being a bad throttle servo and it only swerved when he went full throttle.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are the tires the same size left to right? Have you had the car on a tweak board?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

I once before hit a curb really hard and maybe warped my chassis. Could this be a factor?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure about the problem being caused by a warped chassis, but you may want to consider the following:

* Swap the steering and throttle servo

* Completely disassemble and reassemble the car. Yes, it's a major pain, but you may find something you were not expecting. When I recently disassembled my car, I found out that one of my bearings had seized and another one was starting to go bad. In addition, once you've stripped down the chassis, you can make sure it's okay.

Just some ideas. Hope it helps.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did anyone look at the front swing rack is it bushing or bearing is the drive shaft hiting it in a turn thats where i would look first
Old 02-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Wow... something so simple yet nobody thought about it. It was the drive shaft hitting the swing rack. Thanks a lot, I've been working at this problem for about 2 months now. Thanks again
Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What servo is it , if its the hitec ive seen some funky stuff from their servos. As well the ntc3 and any shaft drive car has torque steer. Its sometimes worse in certain situations and not so bad in others. Not much you can do on that.