R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Cool need unbiased opinions

OK, here we go. I am trying to decide between the kyosho v one rrr wc team kit, the team magic G4S and the mugen MTX 4. I will be installing the novarossi plus 12-ct on whichever car i get. I was initially looking at the rrr and g4s then someone mentioned the mugen. I dont really know much about the mugen as i dont know anyone who has raced them. but then again all i know about the other cars is what i have heard in the forums. I am not completely new to racing, i used to have an ofna OB4 years ago when they first came out. I got out of on road and into off road for the past few years. now im gonna get back into onroad also but there are so many new cars that i have not been keeping up with. I just dont know which one to get..please help....unbiased info and opinions please.
magic_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They are all good cars. The two things that I will point out 1) run the car that you can get parts for at your local hobby shop 2) on the parts thing, Trinity I have heard is going to be taking over on importing the parts for the G4s and I think that Trinity F*&% up everything that they get involved in. My 2 cents.

Serpent has good stuff also.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

i would say get what you can get parts for also check pricing for parts my mongoose parts were 2wice as much as my 3R parts g4s looks good but you better have some support lined up V-1RRR TEAM OR MUGEN I WOULD SAY IS THE BEST BANG & SUPPORT IS very good also
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Wink

All three kits you mention are good best thing to do is go with the kit with good parts avalidability and also track help when needed with your car if you plan on racing.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am interested in seeing how this trend goes but I aslo looking at these three cars as I step up my game, currently the local shops in my country only carry RTR cars, and I would like to move to a high end kit.

The local pros drive Kyoshos and Serpents but they all purchase parts via the internet to keep up with spares, therefore local hobby shops is not an issue in my case. How is parts availability online for each car? I see online support is not an issue rctech.net...
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne
I am interested in seeing how this trend goes but I aslo looking at these three cars as I step up my game, currently the local shops in my country only carry RTR cars, and I would like to move to a high end kit.

The local pros drive Kyoshos and Serpents but they all purchase parts via the internet to keep up with spares, therefore local hobby shops is not an issue in my case. How is parts availability online for each car? I see online support is not an issue rctech.net...
Ok here we go back in Jan.2005 I purchase my first nitro kit a G4 mongoose because it fit in my budget the next year I got RRR-WC big difference in corning speed handling also went a lap faster I really in enjoy driving my RRR-WC easy to drive I also know a lot people that have MTX4 and they like the car alot.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Ok here we go back in Jan.2005 I purchase my first nitro kit a G4 mongoose because it fit in my budget the next year I got RRR-WC big difference in corning speed handling also went a lap faster I really in enjoy driving my RRR-WC easy to drive I also know a lot people that have MTX4 and they like the car alot.
thats my same path & its been outstanding every since
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

read my post in this thread, it will give you idea of G4S and MTX4, I do not know anything about RRR as I never run it before. but this will give you some clue on G4S and MTX4
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142807
Old 01-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne

Are you in the state of WA? What do you mean by "my country only carry RTR cars"?

Kyosho has their own online shop on their website that you can buy directly from. I don't know if Team Magic or Mugen has that.

Dom
Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 AM   #10
Tech Rookie

Default maybe kyosho

Ok heres the rest of the dilemma, I am in the military and just got stationed in japan for the next 3 years so kyosho is available locally. the hobby shop about 3 blocks away carries almost nothing but kyosho and tamiya. The problem is that when i go back to the states i dont know if any local hobby shops will carry a lot of kyosho stuff for the rrr, or for the mugen. Seems like a risk with the g4s also with trinity taking over their stuff. man oh man....decisions decisions..i think i may go with the kyosho. i know ill be able to get parts at least for the next 3 years and by then ill be ready for another car, maybe get the g4s rtr for a parking lot racer.
magic_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_racer
Ok heres the rest of the dilemma, I am in the military and just got stationed in japan for the next 3 years so kyosho is available locally. the hobby shop about 3 blocks away carries almost nothing but kyosho and tamiya. The problem is that when i go back to the states i dont know if any local hobby shops will carry a lot of kyosho stuff for the rrr, or for the mugen. Seems like a risk with the g4s also with trinity taking over their stuff. man oh man....decisions decisions..i think i may go with the kyosho. i know ill be able to get parts at least for the next 3 years and by then ill be ready for another car, maybe get the g4s rtr for a parking lot racer.
KYOSHO IS the ticket with mugen also being up there you cant go wrong

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_racer
Great choice you won't be disappointed give an update how well it go with the car racing,building etc. on the RRR thread and if you have any question directed to that thread, people are will to help with any question.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Which car??

Kyosho or Mugen. Most local shops carry parts for RTR cars and very few for the more expensive kits. Most people purchase RTR, that is why you see so many!

Both Kyosho and Mugen have online e-shops and can have parts to you from 2 to 7 days depending on where you live. If your local shop has parts for the kits, great!

I perfer Kyosho RRR, but if I was to change, I would run Mugen MTX 4!
Desoto Racing
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote