Old 01-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Got the grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Ace Hardware

JR and Kevin both have been great with all my orders.
I just ordered a huge amount of parts for one of my cars, and JR made me a fantastic deal.
Really sorry to see this shop close up.
The very best to both JR and to Kevin.
I am sure that they will do great in any endevor that comes their way.

thanks for everything BRC
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got the email too. I'm bummed I bought my first nitro, a Mugen Athlete buggy from JR back in '93. Jr and Kevin always treated me great. Good Luck to both of them.
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
Tech Master

They have always done a great job for me! No sale prices yet though!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I heard about this sale Jan. 2 and the first post on here was Jan 1. I immediately called them to order an MTX-4, Helios radio, Spektrum, and a ton of parts. I thought my dream had come true. But, as always, if it sounds too good to be true... I call them and they tell me that they don't have any car kits left (of any brand) and no radios left either. So I asked about ordering them because the website clearly says they will try to order stuff for you if they don't have it in stock AND honor the sale price. Well, I was told that they're not ordering anything. I had a couple of good buys from them in the past and one bad experience that helped me decide not to buy from them anymore. I guess I should say that i've had 2 bad experiences with them now. (And they didn't answer my email either-amazing that they're going out of buisness huh?)

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Default Ace Hardware

I spoke to JR a couple of times on Thurs, and he told me that they are litterally getting bombed with e-mails, on-line ordering, and phone orders, and they are having an extremly difficult time keeping up with the huge amount of orders coming in. If you think about it, with a shop that has been around this long, and now that the news is out, RC hobbiests from from all over the United States are trying to place orders with them before most of the items are picked through. Kinda of like a swap meet over the internet and phone lines.
I could see where they could have trouble keeping up with customer requests.
Be patient, as I am sure they will get to you when they can.

brc
Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358
I spoke to JR a couple of times on Thurs, and he told me that they are litterally getting bombed with e-mails, on-line ordering, and phone orders, and they are having an extremly difficult time keeping up with the huge amount of orders coming in. If you think about it, with a shop that has been around this long, and now that the news is out, RC hobbiests from from all over the United States are trying to place orders with them before most of the items are picked through. Kinda of like a swap meet over the internet and phone lines.
I could see where they could have trouble keeping up with customer requests.
Be patient, as I am sure they will get to you when they can.

brc
Well, I guess I can forgive them for not answering my email right away but it doesn't matter because i'm not buying from a company that lies to it's customers. Since you want to defend them, please explain why their website says "If the item is out of stock, we will order the product and still honor the discount. Please take advantage of these savings" and when they told me all the items I wanted were out of stock and I asked them to order them for me (back-order, whatever) they said no. Tower Hobbies doesn't lie to their customers which explains why they have been in business and will be in business for a very long time.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #23
Tech Adept

They advertise 40% to 50% off manufactureres retail pricing. Which is MSRP. So where is the deal in that? Go to A Main Hobbies and look at the Jammin X1 FTE and Mugen MBX5R kits. The Manufacterers retail price is $999.99 and $1099.00 respectively. A Main sells them for $539.99 and $599.99 respectively. Thats 40% to 50% off the MSRP! So why the big rush to buy from Ace? A Main has been selling at those prices for as long as I can remember.

Am I missing something or is this Blow-Out Sale at Ace a gimmick?
HookaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Default blowout sale

I feel the same way as hookamega.something is not right
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookaMega
They advertise 40% to 50% off manufactureres retail pricing. Which is MSRP. So where is the deal in that? Go to A Main Hobbies and look at the Jammin X1 FTE and Mugen MBX5R kits. The Manufacterers retail price is $999.99 and $1099.00 respectively. A Main sells them for $539.99 and $599.99 respectively. Thats 40% to 50% off the MSRP! So why the big rush to buy from Ace? A Main has been selling at those prices for as long as I can remember.

Am I missing something or is this Blow-Out Sale at Ace a gimmick?
I wonder about the same thing. It doesn't seem like a deal if it 40-50% off MSRP. Has anyone received a "quote" from Ace?
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Default Quote?

I sure did get a quote from ACE, and it was very good.
Most of the order was for Mayhem parts, from Horizon. These were discounted 40%. I got Devil foams for $7 a pair, and a Mugen 1/8th starter box for $69.99.
I consider that an excellent quote
Nosram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I just bought 10 pair of 1/10 GRP Fast tires which list at $11.75(normal ACE price Not MSRP) I paid $7.00 a pr. That a good deal to me.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Default Ace Hardware

All I can say is the deal that they made for me.
I shop at quite a few different places, in person or on-line, and I can say for sure that the prices that I was paying for my parts, Ace cut me a fantastic deal on a HUGE order that I placed.
I even verified the prices of these parts before and after I placed my order and spoke to JR.
I placed the order on Wed. and just for kicks today went on-line and made a couple of phone calls to other shops to see how much I really did save.
The savings was huge to be sure. I litterally paid a fraction of the cost for the parts that I use on a reqular basis.
Whether or not they can or will order items once they run out, I can not say, as they had everything I needed to keep this one car on the track for months and months.
I was able to purchase enough parts to build three or four complete cars, with a massive amount of parts left over for support.
I even placed another smaller order tonight.

thank you JR, Kevin, and Dominic, brc
Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Ace is closing up shop. why would they order more parts to bring in? when they are getin rid of every thing? Most complaints are from people on the east or who never knew the guys from Ace personally. I am fortunate to have been able to get wonderful sevice and deals over the 20 some years that Ive known JR. Hes down to earth, great person ,he will be missed.
For ever ACE faithful purchaser.
Jake Alton
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
ira
Tech Fanatic

GOOD LUCK GUYS