Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
 Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted) >

Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Post Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted)

Hey guys,

Since the my first post on this topic, got over 200 posts, i'd figure i'd "revist" it and give you some photo help to help improve my setup.

I have posted a picture showing normal track conditions. Any question you have feel free to ask. Also my one questio should I run higher ride height i'm at 5mm right now?

Attached Thumbnails  Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted)-tracksetupdrunk.jpg  
Old 03-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

i'd definetely run higher, do u have mighty big scratches in the bottom of the chassis.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Yes I have a few good scratches on my chassis...
Old 03-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would recommend running the ride height up a little more, (6mm)if your car has limiters I would suggest to use them. That looks like a nasty couple of bumps. Is that a handicapped ramp in the way of your straight away? How big is the overall layout of the track anyway.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah its pretty bad parkinglot, the owner of the hobby store is looking for a new place in the area ASAP. To answer your question, No the handicap ramp is not part of the track....

Layout: 70 ft by 30ft or 24 meters by 10 meters.

Now that one angle of the parkinglot, if you see turn 2 that a very steep down hill left hander. If we make the track so we get a long back stright, there a huge ass bump in the middle, most of the faster guy running Yokomo's, TC3, Supernitros, ect... get airborn over that thing, like almost a foot in the air. It's pretty wild...

Rob
Old 03-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

ttt
Old 03-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tire choice for parkinglot racing!(revisted)

Fiream;

OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!!

That's one rough looking track. I've raced on Off-Road tracks with less bumps... just kidding, well almost.

From the looks of that surface (Well worn Asphalt?), I recommend Yokomo 138G's. They usually work best on a rougher surface as you have there.
If the chassis is bottoming out on the bumps, then raise the RH by 1mm. You could also try a few steps heavier shock oil too. The Traction should be great except for the jumps (bumps).

Last edited by popsracer; 03-02-2003 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

If there is major scratching, like grooves through the chassis, i'd go up by at least 2mm, and up to about a maximum of 4 mm, maybe go 1 step harder springs on the front, and back, and a slight heavier oil in the shocks, 1 step up front and back again.

It will respond a little bit quicker to your turning commands as well, and could slide around a bit with a higher height.
All though hopefully stiffer suspension will prevent it form happeneing to much by stopping too much weight transfer.