R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   rb xenon-R vs mugen ninja (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/141429-rb-xenon-r-vs-mugen-ninja.html)

dotmatrix 12-22-2006 12:23 PM

rb xenon-R vs mugen ninja

hi guys,
i just wondering compare rb xenon and mugen ninja .21 ,which one is better have more bottom and top speed, cause i think i,m gonna buy one of those engine after i broke my hpi pro .21.thanks

MugenDrew 12-22-2006 12:59 PM

If your talking about the Aluminum sleeved RB it is a lit fuse, Ballistic. The price you pay according to Rody is engine life somewhere between 1-2 gallons of fuel before it requires an AAC kit. I asked this question on rbproducts forum and Rody responded. The break-in of the Ninja is torture but there have many reports of engines going past the 6 gallon mark. Performance wise it is competitive to what else is out there. :)

AKSHUN 12-22-2006 01:40 PM

I have a ninja that im run this year for some club races, you cant beat the price
:)

Rich Browne 12-22-2006 07:39 PM

We have run the Xenon R's for the last year. They are fast - period. Huge bottom end power and can rev like mad. Run with a 2013 pipe and a conical manifold.

Do not run these motors overly hot. Make sure you have good smoke at all times - running them lean will greatly shorten its usable life.

dotmatrix 12-22-2006 10:24 PM

so judging from what mugendrew said abc is better that aac?is that correct?

dotmatrix 12-22-2006 10:26 PM

how bout rb s7c is better than mugen ninja .21?

HarKonnenD 12-24-2006 02:24 PM

That S7C is the low budget circuit motor and is in no way compared to the Ninja or even the RB C5 model. I'd go with the Ninja or Xenon-R model as both are great.

MugenDrew 12-24-2006 04:13 PM

Seems like there are two groups of engines being used. Those that are of quality, produce good power and have a reasonable life expectancy. Ninja,mega,Rb c-6 abc xenon, nova 21-3, Max-mod etc. The second group come from the same manufactures however on track performance is the only goal. 35+21, aac xenon/sirio, high end jp,s etc. These engines are bullets however short lived. This high end group all have a much more frequent maintenance regimen that involves parts. Engine parts are not inexpensive. ABC = longer life, AAC=higher performance at a cost. Rich are you guys preheating your engines before fire up? Something Rody suggested.

Rich Browne 12-24-2006 05:01 PM

Preheating does seem to increase the Xenon's life (piston and sleeve). They are amazingly fast and get great milage.

We preheat the C6's only when new - 1/2 gallon or less.

Maddin21 12-24-2006 05:27 PM

preheating aac engines

It's at least not a mistake to preheat a XenonR even when it's hot outside...but warming it up by idling for quite a long time is a must...

I race only XenonR engines and they are great...in power and live span if you do not stress them like ABC engines with temps close to hell.
Also the correct pipe is more important when racing a XenonR...compared to my "Nova-times"...

I would definitely prefer the XenonR but you have to be sure to be "digital" enough to bring it up to working temps without leaning it too much...
Running AAC engines to cold, to hot or to lean is something they won't do for a long time ;)

---MADDIN---

new3 12-26-2006 09:05 PM

i also run thr rb xenon motor . I have used sirio ihave also use the megafrom pico and of course nova rossi based motors. I have found out that if you use the fuel that the motors were designed around (.21 25% & .12 16%) that you will have a lot bbetter luck with longevity with these engines. I personnly have sirio engines that have lasted 5 gallons and where very fast the whole time. take your time breaking in any motor that you buy. you will have to heat cycle them it is the best way to break them in. with the newer mototr part of the break in takes place on the benchyou will foul one or 2 plugs when doing this. try to stay as close to 200 as possible. it the magic temp with these new motors