R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2001, 08:34 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Guys : $360 AUS = about $155 US, so its close to the same price.


AMG, Dei Rossi Hobbies - 02 4626 8300, Im pretty sure they do mail orders.

If not, try www.xtremehobbies.com.au in SA.

If u like, I'll ask Barry (Mugen/Novarossi dealer) on Sunday what he sells them for, and the next time your in NSW, can meet up with him. Barry is very cheap so hopefully could be less.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:00 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Thanks Novarossi that would be great. I am after a RS12 non turbo SG crank slide carb...... And a friend of mine is after a RB X12 or he might take an RS 12 like mine
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:05 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

for people who have ran or seen mod engines, in your opinion which is the best? in terms of speed, durability and ease of tuning.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:23 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

I have heard rumours of early RS12s seizing pistons in the sleeves AFTER breakin. I have also heard people saying that the RS12 has equal or less performance to the MT12. Anyone know anything about this?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:55 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have heard rumours of early RS12s seizing pistons in the sleeves AFTER breakin. I have also heard people saying that the RS12 has equal or less performance to the MT12. Anyone know anything about this?
NR: what is your say here since you have a RS12??
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:03 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

my fren has the RS12T too....has been running great. superb overall performance.
but he has to spend 3 nights at the track just to break-in......broke in with 1 gallon of mixture done by the LHS.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:23 PM   #22
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,407
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Re: JP RS12T versus RB 5 Ports

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
Post away!!
What are your opinions and views on the 2 engines?
None!

Get a Richey!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:37 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Re: JP RS12T versus RB 5 Ports

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan


None!

Get a Richey!
Yeah...but you must understand that we're on a part of the globe where getting that Richey is difficult... For us down in this part of Asia, getting an M-Speed in more feasible...
Hey hurhur... get an M-Speed instead lah! Save all that trouble!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:44 PM   #24
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

i knew that too.....but Mspeed costs alot of moolahs.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:57 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


NR: what is your say here since you have a RS12??
I've run 2 MT-12 and a RS-12, all 3 engines running the same glow plug (Nova Gold C5), same fuel (16% RB Concept) and similar pipes (Polished X12 + Nova 51602).

The RS-12 is significantly quicker then the MT-12. An easy 15-20% quicker then the MT-12. Realibility is great. Have run about 5 litres through it, still has plenty of compression (as you probably saw in that video clip).

Have run a turbo head on it, not much difference.

EXTREMELY tight to break in, but extremely reliable, and carb settings rarely ever need to be touched.

I owned, broken in, and run 5 Novarossi engines in the past, this is by far the quickest.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:05 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
teng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: QC, Phils.
Posts: 233
Default

Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

My 2 cents worth, no pun intended.
teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:36 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by teng
[B]Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

Teng,

Yeh I'd believe the 5 Port RB would easily catch any other .12 size engine, but the big question is why did RB produce a non-legal engine?

Yeh sure, the engine is aimed at people who race at tracks that arn't governed by any sanctioned RC committees, but are these people willing the spend the big $$$ on an engine, that will not be allowed to run at a ROAR/IFMAR or whichever event?

Personally speaking, I'd rather go out and buy a 1.35hp engine that can be raced at any event, then buy a 1.5hp (what the 5 Ports estimated power is) that can only be raced at a selected few, and not at your big meets which are usually governed by some organisation.

Thats my 2 cents
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 02:06 AM   #28
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by teng
Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

My 2 cents worth, no pun intended.
wah! this the first time i see a field report on running both the JP and 5ports side by side. The 5ports sure sounds impressive. actually, my head says go for the RB but my heart says go for the JP.

teng,
if im not wrong, u are from the phillipines rite? what glowplugs do u recommend for the RBs in your area since the weather over your side is similar to Singapore's.
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 07:38 AM   #29
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Novarossi
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by teng
Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

Teng,

Yeh I'd believe the 5 Port RB would easily catch any other .12 size engine, but the big question is why did RB produce a non-legal engine?

Yeh sure, the engine is aimed at people who race at tracks that arn't governed by any sanctioned RC committees, but are these people willing the spend the big $$$ on an engine, that will not be allowed to run at a ROAR/IFMAR or whichever event?

Personally speaking, I'd rather go out and buy a 1.35hp engine that can be raced at any event, then buy a 1.5hp (what the 5 Ports estimated power is) that can only be raced at a selected few, and not at your big meets which are usually governed by some organisation.

Thats my 2 cents
i would like to use killer engines to bash around the track and to make those sponsored driver embarassed ! !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:39 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


i would like to use killer engines to bash around the track and to make those sponsored driver embarassed ! !
Hey, I thought with your skills, you could even beat those guys with a CV!! Make them more embrassed!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JP BLACK MODIFIED RS12T w/ X12 pipe lrcdjcb112 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 11-23-2003 01:01 PM
3 Or 5 ports Engine? Cloro Nitro On-Road 3 11-28-2002 01:43 PM
90% new RS12T 3 port Turbo Engine Diva R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 07-28-2002 07:16 AM
FS JP Modified RS12T Joehwee R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-14-2002 05:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net