Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
With just the bearings installed and no shims does you clutch have play? and did you put shims behind the fly wheel collet? Pics would be helpful...
Thank you for your quick response to my dilema, though I am delayed in reading your post. Upon further review (by one of my other RC buds who is more detail oriented), we, or should I say he, figured it out. Two situations were found. First, I found in my pitbox some other flywheel/crankshaft collets that spaced the flywheel closer to the bearing. Second, I had positioned the clutch shoes improperly. The previous vehicle I ran the shoes (4 shoe system) were placed between the flywheel pins. This time we placed the shoes with one of the pins going thru the shoes and they seem to fit lower in the flywheel pocket.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
Just a thought. Is it possible that the end of the crankshaft has been shortened?
Yep, thought about that as a possibility, but found the answer, see my previous post.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Hi guys ,
I am running front 80 k and rear diff 60k . The issue is the car want to step out in fast direction change parts of the track . Steering feels not very responsive in the fast direction change areas . What would be the recommendation for diff oil change for front or rear . Track has good traction but has many hair pin like corners .
Thanking in advance
Alex Siddique
Old 06-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good run Diatta and Paul!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

does x ray or some other after market company make optional brake pads
Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Alex, KM make pads for the NT1 and I would suggest your rear end breaking loose would be to do with your roll centres and/or rear arm position and/or too much quick weight transfer. Just some ideas.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CDS70
Alex, KM make pads for the NT1 and I would suggest your rear end breaking loose would be to do with your roll centres and/or rear arm position and/or too much quick weight transfer. Just some ideas.
quick reply, try thicker shock oil in the front since its in quick transitions. It sounds like its jacking to much weight to fast. Oil change should fix that without changing to much else mid corner
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alex Siddique
Hi guys ,
I am running front 80 k and rear diff 60k . The issue is the car want to step out in fast direction change parts of the track . Steering feels not very responsive in the fast direction change areas . What would be the recommendation for diff oil change for front or rear . Track has good traction but has many hair pin like corners .
Thanking in advance
Alex Siddique
Use a spool. You will be surprised how nice and predictable the car will drive.

Do not worry about steering. This car has plenty of it.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys
Old 06-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Good run Diatta and Paul!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
^^ Thanks guys, the comp was really tight. It was one of the better races I've been to in a while. Really had a good time...
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Thank you for your quick response to my dilema, though I am delayed in reading your post. Upon further review (by one of my other RC buds who is more detail oriented), we, or should I say he, figured it out. Two situations were found. First, I found in my pitbox some other flywheel/crankshaft collets that spaced the flywheel closer to the bearing. Second, I had positioned the clutch shoes improperly. The previous vehicle I ran the shoes (4 shoe system) were placed between the flywheel pins. This time we placed the shoes with one of the pins going thru the shoes and they seem to fit lower in the flywheel pocket.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
Glad you were able to get everything squared away, you'll be really happy with the car
Old 06-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Glad you were able to get everything squared away, you'll be really happy with the car
Yes, you are 100% right, I was very happy with the car! The driver,,,,,well,,,,maybe not so much But for me, my first outting this year at Blue Diamond, new car and too much new stuff to list, I did well. Unfortunately, in practice I "popped" a motor, my only good motor (Murnan 353) That took the wind out of my sails and I had to use an old Ninja from several years ago. Made it thru the day though and that's what counts. Thanks for your responses again, really helped.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Use a spool. You will be surprised how nice and predictable the car will drive.

Do not worry about steering. This car has plenty of it.
Are you still using 60wt in the rear when using a spool up front, or should you go to something like 80wt in rear with the spool up front???
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

^^ Thanks guys, the comp was really tight. It was one of the better races I've been to in a while. Really had a good time...
Great Racing! You gonna make the Byrons Race at Leisure Hours, Joliet IL? It would be worth another trip!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.