Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Check this video out of the Xray Nt1 laying the smackdown at the local track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JnNimuBins
Old 06-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robzzz
Check this video out of the Xray Nt1 laying the smackdown at the local track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JnNimuBins
Was this taken in KY or IN?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by meronr
gianni beautiful driving at the Cap see you at the GLC right?
thanks my friend....very good weekend... and yes maybe see you there at GLC

take care
ciao
gianni
Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default x ray gears

Hey there guys I have been running the nt1 for a couple of years now, and I feel that it is a great handling car, however I am becomming ever so frustrated with stripping 2nd gear during a main. This has happened almost everytime in the last year. I run a red dot motor and I like it a lot for the price, my friend also runs an nt1 and he says that it is the peco motor. I just find it hard to believe that the motor can be the problem because when i install the spur gears the mesh is perfect so i just don't get it. I am to the point where i am ready to get rid of the car for something else. Maybe the new velox.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Hey there guys I have been running the nt1 for a couple of years now, and I feel that it is a great handling car, however I am becomming ever so frustrated with stripping 2nd gear during a main. This has happened almost everytime in the last year. I run a red dot motor and I like it a lot for the price, my friend also runs an nt1 and he says that it is the peco motor. I just find it hard to believe that the motor can be the problem because when i install the spur gears the mesh is perfect so i just don't get it. I am to the point where i am ready to get rid of the car for something else. Maybe the new velox.

I would say check for tweak in the car and make sure all your screws are tightened. I haven't heard of many stripping gears with this car, especially those running the picco motors. Have you ever crashed? Check to make sure your rear bulkheads are not cracked or cracking. Also, check the mesh of the gears with the bigger gear off. Make sure the second gear is mesh correctly, then put on the first gear and make sure that's meshed correctly, then pop on the e-clip.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mrod, check the following link regarding 2 speed rear shaft wear.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...2f71ab5d42f5a1
Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
GK
Suspended

Last edited by GK; 06-17-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: double post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Initiate

I had the same problem last weekend. I changed the 1st gear drive flange (#335530), problem solved.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks guys, however I have tried all of these things, i replaced the whole rear end of the car with new parts, the bulkheads, bearings shaft and even the one way and I am still stripping 2nd gear. I think the time has come to just give up on the car, it is sad because it is a great handling car but i am spending a fortune on gears and it is just becoming to frustrating.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

thanks guys, however I have tried all of these things, i replaced the whole rear end of the car with new parts, the bulkheads, bearings shaft and even the one way and I am still stripping 2nd gear. I think the time has come to just give up on the car, it is sad because it is a great handling car but i am spending a fortune on gears and it is just becoming to frustrating.
check your servo travel if you have to much travel it will pull on the carby causing the engine to move just enough to stuff the gears ,also what gear split are you running this cause me plenty of head aches
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have you checked that the chassis is not bent?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Make sure your mesh is good and add threadlock to your engine mount screws. After I had my engine for a while it starter shaking more than usual and that cause the engine to move just enough to strip my gear. Once I started using the threadlock my problem was solved. You must let the threadlock dry completely.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Believe me, it's th Picco engine!!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I agree. I remember reading something about this earlier in the thread. I think the problem was the collet if i remebmer correctly.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I have experienced on a few occasions with the picco engines which includes the evo3 and edo tune that the bearings fail which creates a small wobble in the shaft which caused me endless dramas with stripping gears.
change your bearings and see how that goes.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.