Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

ok...can anyone help me out with a list of online spots I can buy an NT1 2008 Spec from? and the price ranges? im seeing them at around $490, is this correct? also someone told me about www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com, the have them listed at $399, but they convienantly forgot to tell me that these might be the 2007 model without the Hudy spring steel CVD's, help please...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badKarma
ok...can anyone help me out with a list of online spots I can buy an NT1 2008 Spec from? and the price ranges? im seeing them at around $490, is this correct? also someone told me about www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com, the have them listed at $399, but they convienantly forgot to tell me that these might be the 2007 model without the Hudy spring steel CVD's, help please...
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/produc...cd&kategoria=0

http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_cart.php

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...ass%3DONNIT%26

http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=5306

Mirage (UK & costs more)
Old 01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

ok Xray guys, im sold...consider it bought on monday!! next question...whats a good steering/throttle servo combination that fits this car well? can someone explain to me about digital servo's and what radio's are compatible? i was thinking about the 3PK 2.4ghz with reciever... will this handle digi servo's or will i have to set it up special? thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

ok Xray guys, im sold...consider it bought on monday!! next question...whats a good steering/throttle servo combination that fits this car well? can someone explain to me about digital servo's and what radio's are compatible? i was thinking about the 3PK 2.4ghz with reciever... will this handle digi servo's or will i have to set it up special? thanks
100 oz's of torque and .09 or faster for the servos, ALL METAL GEARS. servos like the Air94357 have metal gears but ONE plastic gear that will ruin your day.
I was thinking about running the KO Propo PDS-2413 ICS light weight servos. They are a lil on the slow side but you save 20 grams.
Right now I run the air 94360/ 94758's they are a lil on the heavy side but they work well.. downside is the slop in the servo(I am a perfectionist so most ppl don't notice). its fast and works well.. trying a diffrent throttle servo to allow the return spring to work.. airtronics even without power don't return well..

Digital servos have peak torque in a larger range, and usually try to recenter themselves more.. drawback? amp draw, especially if there is any binding in your steering.. With a combination of anolog steering and digi throttle I get about an hour and a half in a 1600mah pack.. so I think we are splitting hairs in the amp draw department..
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Steering Servos :

KO Propo PDS-2367 ICS , Speed: 0.10 sec @ 60deg Torque: 160.1 oz-in (11.6Kg-cm)

or the best that makes your friends go uummpphh : JR DS8717 Ultra Speed Cyclic Servo, Speed: 0.07 sec / 60 degrees @ 6V Torque: 196 oz/in @ 6V

Throttle / Brake Servo :

KO Propo PDS-2368 ICS servo Speed: 0.15 sec @ 60deg
Torque: 194.4 oz-in (14.0Kg-cm)

Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Steering Servos :

KO Propo PDS-2367 ICS , Speed: 0.10 sec @ 60deg Torque: 160.1 oz-in (11.6Kg-cm)

or the best that makes your friends go uummpphh : JR DS8717 Ultra Speed Cyclic Servo, Speed: 0.07 sec / 60 degrees @ 6V Torque: 196 oz/in @ 6V

Throttle / Brake Servo :

KO Propo PDS-2368 ICS servo Speed: 0.15 sec @ 60deg
Torque: 194.4 oz-in (14.0Kg-cm)

Add a Lipo battery with a brass tray, and you are good to go. 1 hour and a half of run time, place weight in the right place. Oh, and also lowering your tank by 2 mm's..
Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fort Myers Set-up

Some of the XRay guys running in Ft Myers gave me there set-ups. I'll be using them............but one thing ............are u guys running the 4mm chassis? Also any of you guys having issues with the two speed engaging to early? Have you changed out the two speed springs? Any issues with the 3 piece pivoting clutch weights?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RayJ
Some of the XRay guys running in Ft Myers gave me there set-ups. I'll be using them............but one thing ............are u guys running the 4mm chassis? Also any of you guys having issues with the two speed engaging to early? Have you changed out the two speed springs? Any issues with the 3 piece pivoting clutch weights?

4mm chassis is good for higher grip situations... and with low grip situations you can just go to softer springs...

You can just tighten the 2speed a little... if any of you guys changed springs, which onces are you using now?

Cluch is good, might want to try a harder spring...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The Kyosho springs and weights work..
Old 01-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

I'm using the 4mm chassis there, but not sure about the others. I haven't had any issues with the 2 speed myself. For others I know, once they had the 2 speed built correctly, with the right amount of set screw spacing on each shoe, they didn't have any problems either.

However, I build & use a new 2 speed about three times during the season. Keep in mind that I race every week and practice at least one day extra every week as well.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The 4mm chassis is a no go in the NW, our tracks are all low to med bite so stiffer chassis plates are just a waste of money.

Once the 2spd shoes wear in they need to be readjusted but replacement springs are not needed.

The stk clutch works well but does require the flywheel, weights, shoes, shoe plate & flywheel pins to be clean to function properly so you must clean it regularly. I clean mine after every race day.

Mark
Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, im going to run a Futaba 3pk radio system with my NT1, since i would like to keep it all with the same company, can anyone advise or have any ideas about the best Futaba digital metal gear steering/throttle servos that benifit this car? thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, im going to run a Futaba 3pk radio system with my NT1, since i would like to keep it all with the same company, can anyone advise or have any ideas about the best Futaba digital metal gear steering/throttle servos that benifit this car? thanks
Go ahead and run the new brushless digital servos. Two BLS451's From futaba should be great on the car.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Double Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

what about lipo battery packs for the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.