Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Eight days without a post. Must be a record or something.
End of the season...except in a few states.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

With the Nats going on right now, I'm sure everyone is working on the cars I know I am...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Default push off power

ill break the 8 day drought
has anyone solved the push off power mid corner runninng with diffs?we run on a tight technical track low grip with 3 hairpins 1 large straight 5 small straights .... im running 80k up frount 30k rear ...was going to try 100k frount 10k rear ive lowered my frount roll center to second lowerest and now have the new rear sway bar but havent tryed it yet .hi rowen ....thanks in advance
grub
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Try 10K front , 10K rear ?

FYI: I haven't test it.

This Sunday I have national race series in small to medium size track with tight corners and hair pins.

I plan to use 10K front and rear.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
End of the season...except in a few states.
Living in FL, always racing. I'm up to about 8 gallons through the NT1 now. One hell of a car!
Originally Posted by bvoltz
With the Nats going on right now, I'm sure everyone is working on the cars I know I am...
Here in TX now, working on it too
Originally Posted by grub
ill break the 8 day drought
has anyone solved the push off power mid corner runninng with diffs?we run on a tight technical track low grip with 3 hairpins 1 large straight 5 small straights .... im running 80k up frount 30k rear ...was going to try 100k frount 10k rear ive lowered my frount roll center to second lowerest and now have the new rear sway bar but havent tryed it yet .hi rowen ....thanks in advance
grub
I had an off power push with the Diff in the front, and when I went to 60K in the front and 40K in the rear, the car rotated very well... i also found that if you use just a slight bit of drag brake, the car works much better with the diff. Also, if you stand the front sway bar up, the car worked better for me with softer tires in the front 38f 40r. Also, one other thing for you to try, put the 26tooth pully on the side. this will free the car up A LOT!!! in the corners, but you could sacrafice some speed coming out of the corners if it makes the car too loose. Here is a setup that I used on a track that had very little traction, although it is for a large track, you might want to try it and see if it helped. (with this setup, I ran with the electric cars on the small layout of the track and it was increadible!)http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=221&setup=nt1
Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

2008 Spec was release !
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

how is this car compared to kyosho and mugen, as far as durablity and handling?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tony montana
I would say top notch quality for plastic , alluminium and metal parts. I really like the Hudy Spring Steel. Design is a handsome looking car, and ergonomics for wrenching is excellent. Durability of the car is above average. Strong car, excellent gear meshing, very smooth drive train system I had ever feel.

Handling is driver & setup related. Can't comment on that.

Some minus : No CVD in older kit. So get 2008 version. No one way. Expensive spare parts and hop up options.

Rc mushroom is doing mega sale on nt1 older kit if you interested.

Get alluminium wheel hex 0mm and +1mm if you want.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I would say top notch quality for plastic , alluminium and metal parts. I really like the Hudy Spring Steel. Design is a handsome looking car, and ergonomics for wrenching is excellent. Durability of the car is above average. Strong car, excellent gear meshing, very smooth drive train system I had ever feel.

Handling is driver & setup related. Can't comment on that.

Some minus : No CVD in older kit. So get 2008 version. No one way. Expensive spare parts and hop up options.

Rc mushroom is doing mega sale on nt1 older kit if you interested.

Get alluminium wheel hex 0mm and +1mm if you want.
I think durability is very hard to measure, all the top cars are good in my opinion.

Build quality is definatly better than Kyosho or Serpent, I can't comment on Mugen having never had one.

Handling with the stock setup is good at my track (low traction)

Aluminium wheel hexes should have been included in the kit (i got -1, 0 & +1)
Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana
There is a build review of it here and as far as handling I find the car to have one of the best acceleration stock-for-stock. Handling is good too.

RMD's NT1 page is excellent for more info too.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

TQ 1st place, and 5 cars in the A-Main, that is a great weekend for X-Ray.
This car is so good, a guy who hasn't raced in 5 years, took one and put it in the A main at a national event.That would be Scott Rister.
And maybe the best news of the weekend is, brianhatesnitro, is now running a serpent.

Last edited by WARDO; 11-12-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WARDO
TQ 1st place, and 5 cars in the A-Main, that is a great weekend for X-Ray.
This car is so good, a guy who hasn't raced in 5 years, took one and put it in the A main at a national event.That would be Scott Rister.
And maybe the best new of the weekend is, brianhatesnitro, is now running a serpent.
oops.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
oops.
This is why I've given up posting on the internet.. I don't really even know why I bother reading this anymore because the only usable information I've received about this car has been from two team drivers at the track, Chris Metheny and Mike Blackhetter (sorry if I misspelled your names guys)

This car is still a strong performer if you know all of the little undocumented/undisclosed tricks to it but this was how it was in electric touring 7 years ago when I used to run that too.

Nice showing from Xray though, Pauls car was untouchable in qualifying and Baker couldn't be stopped for 95% of the main until he started driving around on the plastic except for maybe Ralph but he had some hard luck with his engine on a tire change. That main was great to watch when everyone started running out of tires especially at night when you could see the sparks from the bump on the straight while everyone was at 4mm of ride height on 53mm tires.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
This car is still a strong performer if you know all of the little undocumented/undisclosed tricks to it
Please tell us what you've found out.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Please tell us what you've found out.
+1. I need all the help I can get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.