Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What would you guys suggest as most important for protecting the NT1 in a crash yet still keeping it fully race worthy

Hard Foam Bumper
or
Wide Bumper

??
Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jelayne
What would you guys suggest as most important for protecting the NT1 in a crash yet still keeping it fully race worthy

Hard Foam Bumper
or
Wide Bumper

??
Hard Foam Bumper.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
It's a little bit cheaper at Brooklyn Hobbies:
http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...S&Category=171
Hey, that combo is mine! Richie if you read this don't sell!! I'll be getting it as soon as I'm back from vacation!!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne

Hard Foam Bumper
or
Wide Bumper

??
Wide Bumper or use Front CVD
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Wide Bumper or use Front CVD
Wide bumper, hard foam bumper, front CVD, hard chassis, multi diff, etc......put all together and let's see what happen

Last edited by BIOMASS; 06-28-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Sebastian (AddictedToRacin)

Congrats on the 2nd place finish at Augsburg. Have you made any changes to your car at all? Just wondering if you bought any upgrades.

Thanks

BTW... The link to your blog web page in your profile is not good.

NT1 Domination at German Qualification
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...0Qualification
Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 Racing
Alum. bumper post & Titanium shaft
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Sebastian (AddictedToRacin)

Congrats on the 2nd place finish at Augsburg. Have you made any changes to your car at all? Just wondering if you bought any upgrades.

Thanks

BTW... The link to your blog web page in your profile is not good.

NT1 Domination at German Qualification
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...0Qualification
We drive the car box-stock except another gearing and the front cvd's. Also we tried the adjustable rear anti-rollbar. Augsburg is very bumpy and you have some corners with height difference so it was very good with a hard anti-rollbar to prevent an unstable car.
In general the adjustable one is too hard, but I changed front anti-rollbar from 0° to disconnected and the rear-antirollbar in a nearly flat position.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
We drive the car box-stock except another gearing and the front cvd's. Also we tried the adjustable rear anti-rollbar. Augsburg is very bumpy and you have some corners with height difference so it was very good with a hard anti-rollbar to prevent an unstable car.
In general the adjustable one is too hard, but I changed front anti-rollbar from 0° to disconnected and the rear-antirollbar in a nearly flat position.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting about the adjustable anti-rollbar. Maybe blades from another brand would be more suitable.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Very interesting about the adjustable anti-rollbar. Maybe blades from another brand would be more suitable.
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Now the car is back to stock and runs better than with the "other" sway bar I was using......
This is what I was talking about. The car seems too twitch with the blades on it... The blade kit would work very well for a tight technical track, but for high speed sweeping tracks, no.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, we will now try to grind the blades to .9 or .8mm and then try again. With the Serpent it worked great.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
Well, we will now try to grind the blades to .9 or .8mm and then try again. With the Serpent it worked great.
Hallo Sebastian,

Glückwunsch, tolles ergebniss

I checked your set-sheet. U cut your tires with (left-right) 2 mm split. How was it after final. can you give us some diameters after race.

I saw your front track width is very narow. how was you off power steering. Did you get more off power steering with this setting
thnx
Old 06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
This is what I was talking about. The car seems too twitch with the blades on it... The blade kit would work very well for a tight technical track, but for high speed sweeping tracks, no.
the blades I had were MTX blades...just for clarification.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi there fellas! new to this forum and RC onroad cars but have been a long time offroad nitro driver. Anyway I have recently purchased an NT1 and was just wondering what engine I should put in it thats not too radical and would let me learn the whole dynamics of the car? Any recommendations would be fabulous!

cheers,

john dewey
Old 07-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thats a good question: I wish a lot of new drivers to nitro on-road would think this way, instead of trying to get the fastest engine out there.

A club down here in Florida is starting a class with the intention to get new drivers out there with an engine that isn't a rocket ship, but a smooth running, slower "SPEC" class(I guess you could call it that) that is going to use the OS .12 TG. This engine is a good power engine that will last a long time and take the abuse and keep on giving. Not only that, a runtime more than 5 min is very likely, maybe even 10 on a tank! This class will bring new racers to work on setting up the car to handle better and get more out of the car overall.

Answer: a good choice would be an engine like the OS TG. But if you are looking for an engine that is cabable of winning races, go with any of the Novarossi engines, like the NS12.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.