Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm new to Nitro so is it the rule you run the clutch provided by that MFG? Or are they inter changable?
It's really more about what fits versus what is interchangeable - and personal preference. Some guys have multiple cars, so they can measure and try the parts from different cars. If the parts fit and seem to work okay, they go with it.

I do not intermix parts.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Someone love it, someone hate it. Every car has his pro and contra sites. I know people how have had a lot of problems with Mugen, Kyosho or Serpent.
Yesterday I have made my last race with the mugen and this week I change to the Xray.

It was a hard decision, because I haven´t had really problems with the Mugen, but I have seen now a lot of NT1s and I like the fine small special things. I also have seen people who driving at my skill, which are very happy with this car.

We will see, when I start building, I will make some photos and let you know how the car is.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by royfan33
I just purchased a NT1 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Any suggestions on online shops to buy cva's, hard bumper, and aluminum wheel hubs?

Oh, I also have a question concerning the battery pack. Does the kit include one (considering none of the above is included I highly doubt it), and what is the difference between the "stock" pack and "option" pack that allows the lowering of the tank.

thanks,

Gary
hi there. i'm new to this forum. can i ask you where you purchased your nt1? thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile xray nt1

hi!

anyone here is from the philippines? if there is can anyone tell me if there is a store here that is selling the nt1?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
ya know,the initial runs of the r40 had loose pillow balls also...and the knuckles never broke,but the the ball could pop through in a hard hit....and for those 2 things,everyone crucified the car,cause its typical HPI.......the car came with cvds,and though not secret magic metal,I've only broken 1 in 4 years.....and you can buy them separate.....7 for the axle,6 for the bone....

yet no one can say anything bad cause this is an xray.....I'd put HPI's customer service against X Rays any day of the week.......,cause in the end,thats a deal maker or deal breaker for me.......which is why my next car will be orange.......Oh wait,I forgot,this is not a HUDY policed forum......thats why my next car will be a SERPENT..
Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by renovatio
hi!

anyone here is from the philippines? if there is can anyone tell me if there is a store here that is selling the nt1?

Thanks
Hey Bro call PITSHOP 7166532 he has what you are looking for price is around 21.5K in Philippine Pesos
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GK
Update from capitol classic, Burch TQ, Baker 2nd, Bobby Flack 8th...

any updates on the race?..
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by fastharry
any updates on the race?..
DJ won it in the end (and congrats to him, he is a great driver). If you ask anyone who was there they'll tell you xray dominated quals and the A main 'til Ralph's engine died. He had 3 laps on the field with apx. 10 minutes to go. Here is a quote from "Doctor" in capitol classic thread: "Burch need credit also because he had three laps on DJ with about ten minutes to go and had problems so he had to drop out. But that is racing."
5 Xrays in the A main total, Barry broke (not sure what) after hitting something (not sure what), Bobby had engine problems (I think), Joe Sumasky finished 4th and Mike Dunnigan 5th after bumping up all the way from C.
And Harry, just FYI, one guy with serpent 720 came over to my pits looking over my car trying to figure out if he could fit Xray CVD's on his serpent, 'cause in his own words he is sick and tired of replacing them on his 720 when they snap without even hitting anything. I told him about the price which didn't seem to bother him since he already spent more money replacing about 5 cvd's on his 720. (And btw I'm not trying to bash serpent, it's a great car I was considering to buy before NT1 came out).
Back to the capitol classic race, I heard from some friends who are die hard kyosho or mugen drivers saying how unbelievably planted the xray cars were. I have a short video from A, I'll try to upload it after I charge my camera battery.
After racing this car for the first time I must say I'm very happy with it, I had absolutely no issues with the car other than the clutch thrust bearing. I hit things, I was hit by others, I went airborn with it and landed really hard, nothing broke. Ended up in C with some engine problems (read blown engine, lol)
As far as pillow screws loosening up, there is a tech tip on xray website to use locktite to secure them better.

Last edited by GK; 06-11-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by buboy28
Hey Bro call PITSHOP 7166532 he has what you are looking for price is around 21.5K in Philippine Pesos
thanks for the information bro.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

i didn't think these cars broke?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GK
DJ won it in the end (and congrats to him, he is a great driver). If you ask anyone who was there they'll tell you xray dominated quals and the A main 'til Ralph's engine died. He had 3 laps on the field with apx. 10 minutes to go. Here is a quote from "Doctor" in capitol classic thread: "Burch need credit also because he had three laps on DJ with about ten minutes to go and had problems so he had to drop out. But that is racing."
5 Xrays in the A main total, Barry broke (not sure what) after hitting something (not sure what), Bobby had engine problems (I think), Joe Sumasky finished 4th and Mike Dunnigan 5th after bumping up all the way from C.
And Harry, just FYI, one guy with serpent 720 came over to my pits looking over my car trying to figure out if he could fit Xray CVD's on his serpent, 'cause in his own words he is sick and tired of replacing them on his 720 when they snap without even hitting anything. I told him about the price which didn't seem to bother him since he already spent more money replacing about 5 cvd's on his 720. (And btw I'm not trying to bash serpent, it's a great car I was considering to buy before NT1 came out).
Back to the capitol classic race, I heard from some friends who are die hard kyosho or mugen drivers saying how unbelievably planted the xray cars were. I have a short video from A, I'll try to upload it after I charge my camera battery.
After racing this car for the first time I must say I'm very happy with it, I had absolutely no issues with the car other than the clutch thrust bearing. I hit things, I was hit by others, I went airborn with it and landed really hard, nothing broke. Ended up in C with some engine problems (read blown engine, lol)
As far as pillow screws loosening up, there is a tech tip on xray website to use locktite to secure them better.

Now I'm gona tell a joke, so nobody bashes me, because it is a joke, something to laugh about... so that it is clear....

Here it comes....

So the NT1 is an engine killer......
Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
Now I'm gona tell a joke, so nobody bashes me, because it is a joke, something to laugh about... so that it is clear....

Here it comes....

So the NT1 is an engine killer......
My engine problems were in qualifiers, it was extremely hot and humid we were dying out there for couple of days. If you're referring to gearing, most ran 23T 2nd pinion on this layout, track is huge...
rocca30 - any car will break when you hit things just the right way, I'm saying I didn't break anything and the car seems to be more durable than what I drove before, that's all.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

It's ok..., the crash you mentioned you where in, might even give your engine a hit, so you never know......

another thing people never really mention when breaking plastic parts, the temperature the car was driving in....

I know that the suspension can even snap when taking a curb to hard with temps., under 5 degrees C, (40F)....

Yes this is cold, but something to take into account.....
Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Nitrogasm.... I just wanted to get something straight. You were driving your car around, no where close to any boards, or any curbs and out of nowhere your car just broke steering blocks and bent cvds? I bent an axle this weekend but I NAILED the wall, and some of the other brushes with the wall were without part failure. I have a feeling your not telling the whole story to these broken parts. No car is designed to be bounced of the wall or flipped across the track... so how can you complain?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

A couple of races ago my father hit a 2x4 @ 40mph or so, shot several feet into the air and only lost a pulley. From what I have seen the NT1 looks to be novice durable.

Cost wise the car has been reasonable and only needed about $125 worth of tuning & hop-up parts to cover all conventional conditions.

Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.