R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 AM   #1186
Tof
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I have a problem with the sealing of the diff. The rubber seal becomes deformed and the oil leaves the differential. Do you have a solution to regulate this problem?
Tof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #1187
Tech Master

I think base from the past, the general understanding of a "set" here means is a packing that comes with all the required parts to have it delivered their function.

We run 2cvds in front or 4 CVDs all round. I believe no one runing 1 CVD or 3 CVDs on the car. So the "set" here means either 2 for front or 4 all round. But most of the time people will think a Set here means 2 CVDs minimum.

I believe no one will misunderstand a set of television means 2 televisions. A TV with all the required cable and antenna would be a "set" because one TV is enought to deliver customer's requirement.

Same goes to antirollbar. If its a "set" of front antirollbar it means a pair of left and right side with all the neccessary together. Unless if it discribe as a "set" of front right antirolbar. But it doesn't deliver a function as if the customer only buy one side of "set" antirolbar. As for the rear, only one antirolbar is good enought to deliver the function to customer. Thats is why a "set" her means only 1 with all the neccessary together.

and also a "set" of 1/10 nitro tyre. It could be front 1 pair with rear 1 pair, 4 tyres alltogether.

just my 2 cents
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #1188
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Guys this car is really good right out from the kit. I ran at the Texas Biggie last month with a stock car, not even with CVD's. I did install the CVD's after practice, if you stay with the correct width at 198mm in front the dog bones work fine. I think the CVD's are gonna be better for the long run on maintenance,or even a crash against the boards.... So dont be so hasty to judge this car on the prices of the extra's, i have 3 hours plus on my car and its still by far the best touring sedan i have driven.......... Chris Metheny Thank you XRAY...........
RC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #1189
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC500 View Post
Guys this car is really good right out from the kit. I ran at the Texas Biggie last month with a stock car, not even with CVD's. I did install the CVD's after practice, if you stay with the correct width at 198mm in front the dog bones work fine. I think the CVD's are gonna be better for the long run on maintenance,or even a crash against the boards.... So dont be so hasty to judge this car on the prices of the extra's, i have 3 hours plus on my car and its still by far the best touring sedan i have driven.......... Chris Metheny Thank you XRAY...........
I agree with you. I have run the car about 5 hours. All parts are stock. And had no problem with the stock dogbones. I run the car at the national. Our finals is 1 hour. After the final all parts was in exellent conditions even the belt. You can run this car out of box w.o any options and performed well.
Taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #1190
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tof View Post
Hello,

I have a problem with the sealing of the diff. The rubber seal becomes deformed and the oil leaves the differential. Do you have a solution to regulate this problem?
I had the same problem. I ran without it and did not leak.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #1191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPat View Post
I had the same problem. I ran without it and did not leak.
Spare part for that still not available yet...

Powered by O.S Speed - Futaba
BIOMASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #1192
Tech Elite

Each person's experience with the car will vary. This is too be expected. Some people will have problems - some people won't. When people do have problems, a lot of times, they blame the manufacturer. That is easy to do. Some times it is the manufacturer's fault (i.e. design, instructions, materials, etc.) and some times it isn't (i.e inexperience, didn't understand the instructions, did something wrong, etc.). In many cases, from a third party's perspective, it's hard to say who is right and who is wrong - the manufacturer or the customer, especially in light of the fact that some people don't have problems at all or can explain why they had a problem. A good example of this is the MTX-4 gear stripping problem.

The Team guys make it look so easy and the car always runs great. Plus, they never bitch about anything. That is what they are paid to do. This group is also comprised of experienced and exceptionally good drivers, so they usually finish very well. If there is ever a problem, it's usually the engine.

Everybody that bought an NT1 knew they were getting Team XRAY's first 1/10th scale nitro touring car. Most people understand, that the first of anything isn't going to be 100% perfect - no matter what the manufacturer's claims are. For R/C, I learned this the hard way .

Everyone is entitled to complain about anything. It is your right. If it makes you fell better about your situation, then there is some benefit to doing so. But just remember, no one is 100% perfect. It would be good if everyone could be constructive and help Team XRAY get things right. In the long run, it will be better for everyone - maybe not for you, but hopefully for the next guy.

Gee, I fell like such an old man writing stuff like this.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #1193
Tech Regular

In my opinion, Mr. Hudy makes a great job and it´s normal that at the first time not everything is perfect.

Here in germany the spare parts are available and the cvd set contains 2 cvd´s

Looking forward
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #1194
Tech Regular

Rmd, I fully understand what you are saying because I have not run my car all that much, currently a gallon and a half, and well my diff leaked once and it was my fault because i over filled the diff(newbie mistake), after rebuilding it and loosing a diff O-ring(poor O-ring), it never leaked again. And well I have not experienced any leaking shocks, it just took me some practice to get the rebound correct
Also I have been in alot of major accidents and the dogbones never popped out up to today at 198 track width, no need really for me to upgrade to CVDs but hopups are always nice.

But my issue with is with some of their stuff namely the optional parts where they say a set of cvds to mean 1 and aluminum hubs without grubs which was not indicated anywhere except when forum guys got into the issue.

I know they could not be 100% on certain things but option parts labeling and indicating to racers what else is needed to complete what you have purchased is ridiculous

My 2 cents
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #1195
Tech Initiate

my gripe has not been about the car as a lot of what it is being said is being twisted. the car is fabulous

wonder why in germany a set = 2 cvd's but in the us a set is one cvd

anyway

one very good thing has come of this snafu is that i have found one of the very best people for customer service in the entire industry , thank you arun from nexus racing

even though nexus was out of stock on the cvd's he built one for me from spares and over nighted it to me so i could finish my points series race tomorrow.
this goes well above and beyond what any supplier should do and shows the customer care provided by nexus .
i should also say that he worked on this and offered to hook me well after hours of any other supplier.

thank you nexus racing , you have earned a customer for life
Nitrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #1196
Tech Elite

I hear you guys with regard to the CVDs. To learn that the ones in Germany are packaged in pairs is a mystery. Perhaps this is a packaging error at the factory. Is it suppose to have one or two?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #1197
Tech Elite

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-08-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #1198
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I hear you guys with regard to the CVDs. To learn that the ones in Germany are packaged in pairs is a mystery. Perhaps this is a packaging error at the factory. Is it suppose to have one or two?
Don’t quote me on this. I know Germen law are very stringent.
If you advertise a set you must give a set or the law will be on top of you like dogs on heat.
That’s what a good friend told me.
So Mr Hudy is being a ass to the US
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-dscf00031.jpg   Xray NT1-dscf00041.jpg   Xray NT1-dscf00051.jpg   Xray NT1-dscf00061.jpg   Xray NT1-dscf00071.jpg  

Last edited by madbeats; 06-08-2007 at 05:58 PM.
madbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #1199
Tech Regular

Just to be correct. I can tell you only that, what I saw in the german online shops. I haven´t buyed one

Of course next week
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #1200
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

I too pay for parts (contrary to what you may believe, nitrogasm) and I do understand the cost of the parts, but as Bryan stated earlier, we dont even sell 8th scale universals because they hardly wear out!

But as far as the sets go, again, it is unfortunate, but the point remains that this info is public.
With all assumptions, guessing and well it says set so I should get a complete set asside, it still comes down to the fact that the information is public and its yours to have!

Go to www.teamxray.com and do a parts search for 335205, or even axle and click on the link to the part in the results and notice that there is only one in the picture!

Thamjk: Yes, this is true, you get an axle, dogbone, coupler, pin and a grub screw, a /set/ of parts to make a complete universal. And once again, what if the task at hand is to complete one single CV axle that you managed to break in a race, now you don't have to buy two and the task at hand is completed...

As far as the German hobby stores go, I bet you're paying twice as much... And at that, XRay makes one product, there was no mistake in packaging, and the German law could have as much fun as they wanted to with this because in no place does it say that you get two!

All in all, I do apologize about the misunderstanding, and as Bryan said, we will contact them to see if they can do anything to further help one understand how many of a certain item are included in a package...
rmargiotta is offline   Reply With Quote