Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Part 2 of the Build Review is now online at 3hobby.net.

Enjoy
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

I have just bought NT1 and I am yet to start building car. Thanks to all who have posted here as I will enjoy the build more getting missing bits etc etc.....

One point I would like to make is that everyone should remember that no one has anything to prove with regards to their posts here or anywhere else. Maybe think twice before posting as sometimes the way you could come across is more personal than you think.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Part 2 of the Build Review is now online at 3hobby.net.

Enjoy

nice build review......interesting about those top deck to chassis bottom measurements...

Serpent 720 37.0mm
Mugen MTX4 36.6mm
XRay NT1 31.5mm
TM G4S 30.5mm !!!

interesting also that my r40 measures 32 mm top to bottom.....guess that car was ahead of its time....(and maybe in the x ray play/copy book as well)....
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
One point I would like to make is that everyone should remember that no one has anything to prove with regards to their posts here or anywhere else. Maybe think twice before posting as sometimes the way you could come across is more personal than you think.
It's all good, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with my "half brain" comment. I just don't think that little mistakes in the manual justify all the criticism and bashing in some of those previous posts. This is not my first and won't be the last Xray kit, I really like their quality, support and yes those colorful manuals as well! PDF version doesn't tell the whole story, I have another printed version from my second kit, if anyone's interested pm me - it's free, including shipping...
Peace!

Last edited by GK; 05-10-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try reading the RRR manual. (brush up on your Japanese first)
Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 PM
N.O
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fastharry
nice build review......interesting about those top deck to chassis bottom measurements...

Serpent 720 37.0mm
Mugen MTX4 36.6mm
XRay NT1 31.5mm
TM G4S 30.5mm !!!

interesting also that my r40 measures 32 mm top to bottom.....guess that car was ahead of its time....(and maybe in the x ray play/copy book as well)....
RRR 30.0mm
Old 05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by N.O
RRR 30.0mm
Perhaps you should measure it again.

Originally Posted by Slow&Steady
...is the distance in mm from the top of the radio plate to the bottom of the chassis.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Could you elaborate a bit more on the problem with the throttle linkage assembly?

x ray manual sucks.
i didnt see anything wrong with the r40 manual? hahahahah
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM
N.O
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Perhaps you should measure it again.
okay, then it is 35,0mm
Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

i seriously didnt make a full tank of fuel without dog bones coming out all day . very lame , where the hell are the cvd's xray ? why would you put a kit on the market without them in this highly competitive market .

the r40 is race ready out of the box . were is the x ray thell put fixes out for you guys to buy jest to get the car race ready $$$$$.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Is there any compatible part from serpent 720 that we can use in X-ray? For example the CVD, RCC shock etc etc...
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thamjk
Is there any compatible part from serpent 720 that we can use in X-ray? For example the CVD, RCC shock etc etc...

Springs, shocks could be a problem, might need a new cap for the bottom of the shock..... bearings will probably fit too!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
i seriously didnt make a full tank of fuel without dog bones coming out all day . very lame , where the hell are the cvd's xray ? why would you put a kit on the market without them in this highly competitive market .

the r40 is race ready out of the box . were is the x ray thell put fixes out for you guys to buy jest to get the car race ready $$$$$.

What was your track width? I've had some problems, but not that much!
Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I agree.. I think it is matter of fitting a driving style issue more the anything... I do love both cars the RRR and NT1, I'm a little new to the Nitro side of racing, and learning more each and every weekend out. It is a little funny here in Jackson, everyone thinks that they need a purchase a better engine to win... or beat me I feel that it is in the order, the driver, then setup, then engine. My point if you can not drive, or tune the setup, no engine will help, because you can not take advantage of power to the ground with out a setup in the ball park.

There are known issues with the RRR is a the rear end of the car, but that can be corrected with some thinking and modifications to the car. I would like to see if the NT1 has resolved some of this. My RRR is dailed, it is on rails on at the track we run at... (Just ask Baylock... I'm not the fast on the track, I just have been lucky with making it though the main with out any issues, both in the car, and avoliding the near hits... I look like this on the drive stand ) I wanted another car and I'm planning on running the ROAR Nationals this year. I have no chance of winning, and I really do not care about that. I want to get out meet some of you fine folks and see what I can do... my best is all I'm looking for, and if that is last place, I'm fine with that. I really enjoy the R/C group and I really enjoy racing these toy cars... That is what is most important to me...

I also enjoy reading the different views and the sharing of information that happens here on RC Tech.
I know this is not the RRR forum but I'm curious ...could you elaborate on the "known issues with the RRR is at the rear of the car" statement. Is it known to be loose? Is this off-power or on-power ...at the corner entry, middle or exit?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GK
It's all good, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with my "half brain" comment. I just don't think that little mistakes in the manual justify all the criticism and bashing in some of those previous posts. This is not my first and won't be the last Xray kit, I really like their quality, support and yes those colorful manuals as well! PDF version doesn't tell the whole story, I have another printed version from my second kit, if anyone's interested pm me - it's free, including shipping...
Peace!
Yep well done!
I will say this that I saw fellow racer for first time race NT1 previous weekend and he drove well. When I saw kit in LHS I didn't hesitate to buy. Clever marketing and fantastic product. I also bought OS OS Speed TZ today and will buy Skyline VR12 plus pipe. Any other NT1 racers recommend different pipe for this motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.