R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 05-08-2007, 04:57 AM   #871
Tech Adept

Default It here

It’s here. I will keep you all updated with my finding as you know I will mod the build with some Kawahara, Serpent Knack option Parts
In the past most people tell me why I modify before I run the car, the answer is that I know what I like in some option parts or I just got the cash to test those parts not all option part works, but smooth brakes are must strong shocks is must got to have Cvd’s and good choice of springs
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-nt1.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #872
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario
Here is an answer from Mr. Hudy he asked me to post for him:

Thank you for constructive criticism. First of all I suggest that any positive or negative experience with constructive criticism you may address directly to XRAY at the XRAY's forum at http://forum.teamxray.com where I regularly check all comments and feedback from all customers which is valuable for further improvements.

Before the NT1 was introduced of course it was long term tested around the world and we have decided for certain details. To get a bit background info about the NT1 development you can read my regular column where I have disclosed some pretty tough issues we had to face and went through. The main priority with designing the NT was to ensure that the car will have the best handling characterstics, to make it strong and to make it easy to assembly and work on. As I can see your main problem is the front foam bumper which is soft. The reason we decided for soft bumper is the super lightweight of the material and it does not influence the handling characteristics of the car but it helps to protect the body during a crash. Of course we do offer also optional stiff bumper which is heavier and this has certainly some part of influence on the racing characteristics of the car. For some customers the racing characteristics is more important than a stiff bumper (some top driver do not use foam bumper at all). I can honestly say that I am not a top driver and I have been using the soft bumper and had no problems at all and I have been running the NT1 for a long time.
Within the long term tests we have undergone plenty of crash tests and we had no problem with the steeringblocks as you indicate. In the fact, as I wrote in one of columns, we had problems we rear lower arm which forced me to redesign the whole rear suspension and to change the design of the rear arm. So you can be sure that all the parts very carefully and long term tested before the production batch was ready. Of course we will keep to watch all the feedback and experiences from all the customers and therefore, as requested at the beginning, to provide the direct feedback we would appreciate if you post any your comments at the XRAY forum. If the long term experiences and feedback from customers will result into requirement of steering block change, you can be sure that XRAY as usually will listen to the customers and will continue the ongoing development to ensure only the best service and products the customers have been looking for.

did I miss the dogbone issue?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #873
Tech Apprentice

Last weekend at the EC-B I drove with track widths from 195mm to 200mm and had no problems.
At first I used o-rings but then removed it to free up the suspension.
I have no clue why the dogbones are popping out at your car.
AddictedToRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #874
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

as a worldwide company, with an obvious image to protect, and manage I recommend Juraj Hudy to place aside some of the profits made from the more than adequate NT1 and hire an assistant who can proof read, type and speak fluent English to assist in his daily business requirements

Also, a reminder; the NT1 is sold to the general public not professional racers. Please Mr Hudy, include the stronger bumper in the kit as standard, and make your 50+ or so worldwide sponsored drivers either pay for the soft "performance" Bumper or be so generous as to provide them with a free "performance" bumper in their sponsorship pack in their next delivery rounds.

Yours Sincerely,

Current MTX4 driver/patiently waiting customer for the NT1 with cvd's and real foam bumper kit
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 AM   #875
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
For those who have issues with the stock bumper, Xray released the wide bumper (#331201) for the NT1 as an option part (just like they did with the electric series). They also have hard foam bumpers in the works.

The stock bumper (the foam) is a little big, for the rest it's perfect. I think the wide bumber is more for lola bodies!
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #876
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
as a worldwide company, with an obvious image to protect, and manage I recommend Juraj Hudy to place aside some of the profits made from the more than adequate NT1 and hire an assistant who can proof read, type and speak fluent English to assist in his daily business requirements
Also, a reminder; the NT1 is sold to the general public not professional racers. Please Mr Hudy, include the stronger bumper in the kit as standard, and make your 50+ or so worldwide sponsored drivers either pay for the soft "performance" Bumper or be so generous as to provide them with a free "performance" bumper in their sponsorship pack in their next delivery rounds.
Yours Sincerely,
Current MTX4 driver/patiently waiting customer for the NT1 with cvd's and real foam bumper kit
Proof read and speak fluent english? Are you talking about your mtx-4 manual??
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #877
Tech Initiate

Default Raced it for the first time this weekend.

When I first built the kit I saw a few things that I thought would be a problem.

1. Narrow bumber
2. dog Bones.

I was prepared to test and tune the NT1 and Race my MTX-4.

I put the car on the track and darn near died and how well it turned on power mid corner out. The weathe was crappy and it still kicked but. I was about 1 sec a lap faster with the car over my MTX-4.

I soon found myself working on the car and getting a better setup.

the more love I gave it the more it turned and drove out of the corner. Next thing I new the mains were over and I did not lose a dogbone and the bumber never came into play. Trust me I slamed a few boards.

all in all, the car is xray quality.

great job !
twoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #878
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoh
I was about 1 sec a lap faster with the car over my MTX-4.
Which tells me, either your setup on the MTX4 was crap, or the car was worn out....
I refer to my previous post...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=858
Old 05-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #879
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
Which tells me, either your setup on the MTX4 was crap, or the car was worn out....
I refer to my previous post...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=858
I'll have to remember to keep these words handy when you do better with the 960.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #880
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoh
1. Narrow bumber
2. dog Bones.
Why would the bumper be a problem?

The dogbones are strong, it seems that you loose the front dogbones quite fast, so maybe put some fuel tubing in the outdrives of the diff, the Rubber o-ring provided does well, but i think they are to thin.... Other then that, the pins wear a little fast, this is because it's the softer material then the outdrivers, the outdrives don't wear at all! (i think this is great, i'd rather replace pins then replace outdrives)
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #881
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbeats
It’s here. I will keep you all updated with my finding as you know I will mod the build with some Kawahara, Serpent Knack option Parts
In the past most people tell me why I modify before I run the car, the answer is that I know what I like in some option parts or I just got the cash to test those parts not all option part works, but smooth brakes are must strong shocks is must got to have Cvd’s and good choice of springs
KEEP US POSTED...
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #882
Tech Elite

This is an international forum and for some, English is a second language. It's just totally rude to get on someone's case about grammar and spelling - even if the person's primary language is English. Would you expect someone to hire a translator just to speak to you in person, so that you could converse in perfect English? Would that person expect you to hire a translator, so that you could converse with them in their native language? Of course not - that's ridiculous. So don't expect it in here either.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #883
Tech Addict

I Agree. Alot of uptight people on these forums. I don't care if a word is spelled wrong, someone post the same question again, or ask which car is better X vs. Y.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #884
Tech Addict

Hello from France,
and sorry for my poor english (also for my poor slovaq...)

My car is now at around 3 liters.

I havn't any problem with the bumper or the dogbones and I'm not a world champion!!!

The only part I broke is the middle belt. I loose 3 teeth around my track...

I will go for front CVD only when the originals bent.

My front withtrack is 198mm, and I put the o-ring, and no problem.

au revoir
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #885
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To the people having problems with the dogbones- I do not have an NT1, nor could I find an instruction manual to look at, but is there any possiblilty of having the front and rear dogbones mixed up, or are they all the same length, just a thought.....
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote