R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #766
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
I think his post was worded to say he had no trouble with a loose rear end
... as compared to the RRR is how I interpreted it.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #767
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
No matter how good the manufacturing quality is, the driver is still the number one determining factor in the outcome of the race.

Some questions for you, if you don't mind...

- What cars did the other NT1 drivers drive before switching to the NT1?
- How was the traction?
- Do you have a picture of the track? Was it sweeping or technical?

Thanks!
Most were 720 before, I know 1 was mugen and 1 was Kyosho
Good question, it is almost traction roll condition. Xrays didnt have the oneway so little disadvantage com. to the 720s ( and most only had their car few days before... like me )
i'll try to get a link of a video. It is almost oval outside and technical on the inside. Last week T. record was 22.5, today it gone down 20.s

Xray was leading the race half lap until some flam out problem..... lost 2 lap never catch up to the first after. End up 2nd

But I have no doubt Xray will have strong performance in this part of the world.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #768
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Most were 720 before, I know 1 was mugen and 1 was Kyosho
Good question, it is almost traction roll condition. Xrays didnt have the oneway so little disadvantage com. to the 720s ( and most only had their car few days before... like me )
i'll try to get a link of a video. It is almost oval outside and technical on the inside. Last week T. record was 22.5, today it gone down 20.s

Xray was leading the race half lap until some flam out problem..... lost 2 lap never catch up to the first after. End up 2nd

But I have no doubt Xray will have strong performance in this part of the world.
Thanks for answering my questions. That helps explain a lot of things. I'm looking forward to the video.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #769
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

to kitracer and rmdhawaii thanks for the information and questions...
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #770
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Can I ask a really dumb question....??? This is my first Xray and it has been great to put together... but How do you screw the shock bottoms on to the set screw? What am I missing here...???
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #771
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

There is a 3mm hex in the inside of the metal pivot ball. So 3mm hex wrench.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #772
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
There is a 3mm hex in the inside of the metal pivot ball. So 3mm hex wrench.
Thanks.... I feel dumb....
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #773
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=kitracer]out of the dozen raced today, almost all of them run spool.
Some used 60K and some used 80K rear (this is Xray oil)
The fastest Xray ran Spool and 30K rear( serpent oil)

What does runnig spool mean
TheIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #774
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=TheIceman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
out of the dozen raced today, almost all of them run spool.
Some used 60K and some used 80K rear (this is Xray oil)
The fastest Xray ran Spool and 30K rear( serpent oil)

What does running spool mean
A spool is the same as a solid axle.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #775
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: baltimore
Posts: 193
Default X RAY SLAYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKNbLe6kxM
TESTING VIDEO OF THE X RAY SLAYER.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #776
Tech Elite
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz
Default building NT1

Today I build the NT1...what an amazing kit! This went together so easy that I forgot to take notes, but I am glad to see the car done and in only about 5 hours. I do intend on running the one-way and spool for testing, but back to the kit.
The quality of the car is awsome! I've been driving Mugen for the past 3 years, but the Mugen didn't have the quality feel this car does. I made a carbon fiber battery tray for the car but hadn't put it on yet, I'm tryin to use the option of dropping the fuel tank the 3mm with a stock battery pack. I'm upset that I won't be able to run the car till this coming weekend, as I don't want to run it on the road. The car has so much free roll, unlike the Mugen that had to "wear" in before it had good free roll. Mr Hudy did an excellent job.
Just a couple pics....oh, don't pick on my wife's table cloth. I blame her for my head-ache.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-image009.jpg   Xray NT1-image006.jpg  
__________________
Am I going back racing?...Hmmm.. Not anytime soon... But soon enough.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #777
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Where is a good place to get some of the Hudy Tools required to build and maintain the Nt1. I am having a hard time finding the flywheel tool and the pinion tool, and the grease and lubes they suggest. Are there some acceptable tools available that are not hudy brand for these items? Sorry guys I am new and will be asking many stupid questions at first.
TheIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #778
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Today I build the NT1...what an amazing kit! This went together so easy that I forgot to take notes, but I am glad to see the car done and in only about 5 hours. I do intend on running the one-way and spool for testing, but back to the kit.
The quality of the car is awsome! I've been driving Mugen for the past 3 years, but the Mugen didn't have the quality feel this car does. I made a carbon fiber battery tray for the car but hadn't put it on yet, I'm tryin to use the option of dropping the fuel tank the 3mm with a stock battery pack. I'm upset that I won't be able to run the car till this coming weekend, as I don't want to run it on the road. The car has so much free roll, unlike the Mugen that had to "wear" in before it had good free roll. Mr Hudy did an excellent job.
Just a couple pics....oh, don't pick on my wife's table cloth. I blame her for my head-ache.
Very nice James. Can't believe you put it together in only 5 hours. Are you sure you weren't rushing? Hopefully, you'll get in enough testing to be ready for the Florida round up Memorial Day weekend.

"...unlike the Mugen"
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #779
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman
Where is a good place to get some of the Hudy Tools required to build and maintain the Nt1. I am having a hard time finding the flywheel tool and the pinion tool, and the grease and lubes they suggest. Are there some acceptable tools available that are not hudy brand for these items? Sorry guys I am new and will be asking many stupid questions at first.
You can try these places...

http://www.stormerhobbies.com

http://www.amainhobbies.com
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #780
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

What's the chance that the aluminum hex hubs from Serpent or another car will fit the Xray axles to replace the plastic ones? Can someone check?
__________________
Michael H

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net