Like Tree13Likes

Xray NT1

Old 05-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody here ever weigh their drivetrain parts individually ???
Old 05-07-2019, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Anybody here ever weigh their drivetrain parts individually ???
Out of curiosity, are you looking to shed weight, or just curious. I have not as of yet, although id love some lighter axles for one.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

How much do the stock axles weigh ??? I am looking to see what mass is sapping the engine's power before it hits the ground: it varies for different manufacturers, but I always wonder whether they are close or not....Most racers omit to weigh the drivetrain parts while building their cars and leave alot extra weight in there for the motor to deal with later: for example a superlight Cap C03 clutch weighs about 30.5grams, but what about an nt1 clutch ??? My 55mm matrix tires weigh about 17grams each; at 63mm they are about 23grams or so......It all counts in the end.....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 05-08-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Ill measure them when I get back from Vacation, unless someone else chimes in before that. I just always found it funny that Xray calls their Steel "SUPER LIGHT - HUDY SPRING STEEL™" lol
Old 05-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Ill measure them when I get back from Vacation, unless someone else chimes in before that. I just always found it funny that Xray calls their Steel "SUPER LIGHT - HUDY SPRING STEEL™" lol
Ok, thanks....
I found an old nt1 thread where they had the front diffs at 24grams, rear diff at 27grams, titanium mid shaft at 11grams, but no two speed assembly total weight and no axle/dogbone weights either.... Hopefully the nt1 19 will improve on those numbers.....
Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Attended WSR’s practice/Raceday yesterday , got a chance to run in my fresh built “NT1.2 blackbird” car is simply amazing, very consistent, a lot of rotation, more corner speed than previous, steering feels more true. I love it. Took the 1 spot with 3mins to go, ran out of fuel on very last lap, was a good day tho to stretch my sedan legs, my top 5,10,15 were my main focus, If your thinking about upgrading , def do it...... this car is legit!! I’ve had Xray since the very 1st one, I’ve also run Capricorn and a serpent 747. This is by far the best Xray I have driven , and Leo Arnold and Mazzeo at the ENS had a hell of a run against guys that they never have been able to run with!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Attended WSR’s practice/Raceday yesterday , got a chance to run in my fresh built “NT1.2 blackbird” car is simply amazing, very consistent, a lot of rotation, more corner speed than previous, steering feels more true. I love it. Took the 1 spot with 3mins to go, ran out of fuel on very last lap, was a good day tho to stretch my sedan legs, my top 5,10,15 were my main focus, If your thinking about upgrading , def do it...... this car is legit!! I’ve had Xray since the very 1st one, I’ve also run Capricorn and a serpent 747. This is by far the best Xray I have driven , and Leo Arnold and Mazzeo at the ENS had a hell of a run against guys that they never have been able to run with!
Very Nice, always great to see cars that are different, i.e. different color scheme. Seems to be a great chassis and quite the step forward for Xray.

I see you are running Capricorn lower ball ends on the shocks, any reason by chance?
Old 05-15-2019, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Very Nice, always great to see cars that are different, i.e. different color scheme. Seems to be a great chassis and quite the step forward for Xray.

I see you are running Capricorn lower ball ends on the shocks, any reason by chance?
thanks, nah no reason for shock ends, just had em laying around, thought I would stick with the black n white scheme of the car.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.