R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #6931
Tech Regular

Chet , hold it ? ................your J/K ing right ?.........
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #6932
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
U just couldn't hold it huh????
I couldnt BIG H! I had to get eem! get ya dog dog!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #6933
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
I couldnt BIG H! I had to get eem! get ya dog dog!
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #6934
Tech Fanatic

Any other cvds/ swing shafts works well with the nt1?
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #6935
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
Any other cvds/ swing shafts works well with the nt1?
MugenSeiki mtx 5 works....
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #6936
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
MugenSeiki mtx 5 works....
Thanks! I was actually "eye balling" those! ��
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #6937
Tech Initiate

Well i have done it!. I sold my nt1 wce and bought an 2013 specs. It was hard to let the wce go particually as it went to my best mate for a good price. I had refurbed it to new condition. The final push to update was when i heard rumours that the next car will be nt2 not nt1 2014 specs and i thought the 2010 wce would certainly be an outdated model then.
The only part i will really miss is the brass one piece engine mount and the ventilated brake disc was nice, am thinking of getting the capricorn "special" mount but it costs a pretty penny!. Have to say the 2013 shocks are very nice, like mini big bores. Incidentally, just started building the xray xb4 today and reaffirms my belief that xray is simply the best kit to build bar none. They have thier composite production off to a fine art!. Although it has taken all my goodwill to forgive them over the xb9e bodyshell fiasco but that's another story....
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-image.jpg  
xraymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #6938
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymark View Post
Well i have done it!. I sold my nt1 wce and bought an 2013 specs. It was hard to let the wce go particually as it went to my best mate for a good price. I had refurbed it to new condition. The final push to update was when i heard rumours that the next car will be nt2 not nt1 2014 specs and i thought the 2010 wce would certainly be an outdated model then.
The only part i will really miss is the brass one piece engine mount and the ventilated brake disc was nice, am thinking of getting the capricorn "special" mount but it costs a pretty penny!. Have to say the 2013 shocks are very nice, like mini big bores. Incidentally, just started building the xray xb4 today and reaffirms my belief that xray is simply the best kit to build bar none. They have thier composite production off to a fine art!. Although it has taken all my goodwill to forgive them over the xb9e bodyshell fiasco but that's another story....
nice
Old 08-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #6939
Tech Fanatic

Anyone else experiment with the new 2013 kit and have the front sway bar have a BAD tweak. With the sway bar disconnected both knuckles are at +1 (Droop). I measured the sway bar links that connect to the front arms and they are both 27mms (+/- .1mm). When i connect the front sway bar the left knuckle goes to 3+ droop while the right stays right at 1.

I tried making the other sway bar connector link a touch longer but didn't fix it. Also, i have the front sway bar pretty loose. Can move side to side with no issue and all the free play is gone from front to back.

Losing my mind over this, I think Ralph was right when he told me the front sway bar is crap and that he is still going to run the old one. I may be right behind him on this one.
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #6940
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by esckalayd View Post
Anyone else experiment with the new 2013 kit and have the front sway bar have a BAD tweak. With the sway bar disconnected both knuckles are at +1 (Droop). I measured the sway bar links that connect to the front arms and they are both 27mms (+/- .1mm). When i connect the front sway bar the left knuckle goes to 3+ droop while the right stays right at 1.

I tried making the other sway bar connector link a touch longer but didn't fix it. Also, i have the front sway bar pretty loose. Can move side to side with no issue and all the free play is gone from front to back.

Losing my mind over this, I think Ralph was right when he told me the front sway bar is crap and that he is still going to run the old one. I may be right behind him on this one.
Yes, same issue, you will find the actual sway bar itself is slightly tweaked when you sit it on a flat surface. Simply bend the sway bar by hand, and recheck it on a flat surface.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #6941
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
Yes, same issue, you will find the actual sway bar itself is slightly tweaked when you sit it on a flat surface. Simply bend the sway bar by hand, and recheck it on a flat surface.
That is exactly what i did, the left side of the sway bar was tweaked. On a flat surface it was about a 1-2mm off the setup board. Thanks. You would think these parts wouldn't come bent already
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #6942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sticking up for anyone, but its not easy to keep them straight when they're in the box from Slovakia or wherever they come from. My T4 had the same problem and for weeks couldn't figure it out, but I got it.
How do you like the new car compared to the 2010/12? My friend likes his WC alot better and says he's faster with it.
I'm waiting till they come out with a WC or a hopped up version to dive in. Car looks awesome and definitely carries more corner speed.
Also most are using the blade instead of the wire, IMHO the wire would be an advantage when switching direction in chicanes over the blade. But some might say otherwise
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #6943
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Not sticking up for anyone, but its not easy to keep them straight when they're in the box from Slovakia or wherever they come from. My T4 had the same problem and for weeks couldn't figure it out, but I got it.
How do you like the new car compared to the 2010/12? My friend likes his WC alot better and says he's faster with it.
I'm waiting till they come out with a WC or a hopped up version to dive in. Car looks awesome and definitely carries more corner speed.
Also most are using the blade instead of the wire, IMHO the wire would be an advantage when switching direction in chicanes over the blade. But some might say otherwise
I could see a T4 sway bar being tweaked since they are so thin but the new NT1 2.6 is relatively thick.

I haven't got to test it yet, planning on getting it out to the track this weekend. My '12 pro was fast but was always lacking the corner speed to take it to the next level. One thing is for sure, definitely needs a few hop ups. Out of the box it uses the old brakes instead of the new efficient ones, and it uses the old original brake disc. I forgot to check the weight on the 2speed shaft so i am not sure if it is the lightweight one or not. At least it comes with dog bones in the rear now to give it more rotation.

I know after talking with Ralph he prefers the blade b/c of the consistency. I figured i would try out the bar 1st since i know what to expect from the blade. The bar would be better for quick changes and more technical tracks, while the blade is made for fast flowing tracks. From the people i know who have drove the car they had nothing but positive experiences. A nice WC/PRO version of the 13 would be nice, but there wouldn't be much of a difference since the orange anodized parts don't have a lightweight counterpart yet (i.e. 2 speed housing, rear brake pulley).
Old 08-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #6944
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have also had problems with tweaked bars. No big deal its a simple fix. As far as people with the opinion that their "older" kit is faster is easy to believe. I have been running the 13 since they were released before they even released the tuning parts (springs,and bars). That forced me to really explore the car and find lots of good info that i have been able to put to work. Overall I am happy with the car it does require a different set up than the previous car so dont be discouraged if you dont find any info from the last models to be helpful. From what i am lead to believe it wont matter too much longer possibility of the NT2 in the works for next year? I wouldnt be surprised! LMAO
Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #6945
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

NT2 were my thoughts exactly
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote