R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #6811
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
The higher the voltage the better the performance from the servos (assuming they can handle it). I run the RSX One10 servos and they are faster and have more torque when running off 7.4v rather than 6.6v:

Torque @6V: 138oz-in, 10.0Kg-cm
Torque @7.4V: 165.6oz-in, 12.0Kg-cm

I also found I had more choice for battery size in the Lipo range so getting a battery that was a good fit for the nitro car was a bit easier.

Regards,

Simon
Guy's he has a great fitting battery.....we just need to get him to drive & race the car more. How we do that I haven't worked out yet
Supporter of Capricorn Australia....Walters Hobbies....JPM Racing
Jazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #6812
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default HD flyweight istead of normal...?

Any chances to use Clutch Flyweight - High Dynamic instead of normal one in XCA clutch? just checked and my original is damaged and have only HD... Will it cause any damage to the clutch if i try? I know HD is bit smaller and thicker than normal black shoe.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #6813
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

on a fast open high bite track the hd is great but on tight technical or slick tracks it can be a bit aggressive from my experience with it IMO

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #6814
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
on a fast open high bite track the hd is great but on tight technical or slick tracks it can be a bit aggressive from my experience with it IMO
no, you didnt get the point... i have damaged standard black shoe and want to use instead of standard HD weights for XCA clutch....
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #6815
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
no, you didnt get the point... i have damaged standard black shoe and want to use instead of standard HD weights for XCA clutch....
I used both standard and HD flyweights in my HD clutch / standard clutch... HD shoes have the extra hole, which makes the clutch less consistant by itself. Most pros are installing M3 x 4mm set screws in the flyweight to make them more consistant.
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #6816
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
I used both standard and HD flyweights in my HD clutch / standard clutch... HD shoes have the extra hole, which makes the clutch less consistant by itself. Most pros are installing M3 x 4mm set screws in the flyweight to make them more consistant.
Thanks a million for that!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #6817
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
so does anyone know the conversion of the shock spring ratings from the 2013 C vs 2012 D vs lbs.. very confusing!
Anyone???
C vs. D vs. Lbs.???
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #6818
Tech Regular

i`v recently broken 2 lightweight axle`s on exact the right spot. Just between the bearing and the brakedisc holder. It happened both in finals after about 10 minutes running. The axle`s being quite new. Has anyone had this also and whats the cure? Is it just quality control or too soft material.?

i am using the standard solid axle now, just to be safe. any advise what to do is welcome since this is new to me.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #6819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
i`v recently broken 2 lightweight axle`s on exact the right spot. Just between the bearing and the brakedisc holder. It happened both in finals after about 10 minutes running. The axle`s being quite new. Has anyone had this also and whats the cure? Is it just quality control or too soft material.?

i am using the standard solid axle now, just to be safe. any advise what to do is welcome since this is new to me.
Unfortunately that's the trade off for lightweight! Cap is the same way, pillow balls r light as hell cause the threaded part is hollow, hit something n its done.....light weight dogs gotta go also......smh
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #6820
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post

I have snapped two in the last 5-6 months. What motor do you run? I know Picco based motors with all the torque seem to cause this more than a nova based motor. I just know to have a spare axle always available.

I have actually had an issue with the dogbones in the rear axles snapping and not even touching a wall. Happened at our last major FORGASS race.
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #6821
Tech Regular

i`ve used one lightweight axle for 2 years without a problem, but i changed it recently for a new one because it was getting marks on it. Than the problems occurred wit the two new axle`s. I still have the old one but i use a standard one now. Have used RBM3 and Picco torque in the past but i race the nova stock engine now wich is just as fast for 75% less money. Its a blast this engine.
N12T1 stock NOVAROSSI.

So its must be quality from xray is slipping i guess.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #6822
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the capricorn big bite shock springs will work in he 2013 big bores? Getting a little impatient waiting for the xray ones to be available.
goose510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #6823
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose510 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the capricorn big bite shock springs will work in he 2013 big bores? Getting a little impatient waiting for the xray ones to be available.
Be patient Grasshopper. I have an awesome set up if you need it. My car rotates really well at Speedworld this past weekend. Its a combo Kit set up with a Scotty B. set up combined.
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #6824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the new big bore shocks back to back with normal length ones?

Any feedback?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #6825
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

iam interested in you set up also Team STPN

Running a Kyo MP9 TKI3 and An STRR EVO truck
rcmad2700 is offline   Reply With Quote