R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #406
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 162
Default

http://rcforum.co.kr/show/toyfair200...r/R0011148.jpg

Are you talking about this?
This is from Toy fair, but it was not an XRAY product.

More pic: http://rcforum.co.kr/news/entry/XRAY...-Toy-Fair-2007
__________________
WORLD BEST RC NEWS
RC FORUM
HTTP://RCFORUM.CO.KR

Send us your RC news to us [email protected]

Last edited by rcforum; 02-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.
rcforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #407
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcforum
http://rcforum.co.kr/show/toyfair2007/panther/R0011148.jpg

Are you talking about this?
This is from Toy fair, but it was not an XRAY product.
Nope, but a 1/8th scale rally class would be very cool!!!

I was talking about a 1/8th On-Road car similar to the Serpent, Mugen and Kyosho.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #408
Tech Adept
 
gtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
To be honest the car looks good but dont you guys think Xray are taking a leaf out of Kyoshos book buy Paying BIG DOLLARS to have the top guys drive it. Xray are using the Winternats as a big Marketing Ploy. Thats why none of there big names are doing the TITC Electric race in Tialand. Lets face it If you gave these guys a brick with wheels they would make it look fast.

It will be good to see the car in every day Joes hands to see how quick it is.

But like i said the car does look well put together with some nice bits.

Just my 2cents.
I would not necessarily agree with your statements.

Yes, XRay is paying big dolars...

Yes, these guys are extremely talented...

No, they cannot drive a brick with wheels...

Part of the talent of these drivers is finding the right spot in the settings range where the car will work best. If the car cannot be set in such a way that it will perform well, then these guys would not be placed in he top 10. Perhaps they would be in the top 15 or 20...

Furthermore, you cannot say this is simply an average car because the car is working well, right at its debut race. Saying that having top dollar drivers is the only difference is as much as saying that Toso, Morganti, Ishitani, Cyrul and others are lesser drivers. Obviously that is not true.

Perhaps it would be interesting to see Mike S. driving his MTX4... and thus we could have a more complete comparison.
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #409
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Hi Rainer

When you do updates on your winternats analysis please consider these drivers with Team Magic G4S cars....I drive one and would love to see how they are doing.

Mike Blackstock
Bobby Flack
Mike Dumas
Chad Phillips

Thanks

AFM
Okay
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #410
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,505
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
Xray are using the Winternats as a big Marketing Ploy. Thats why none of there big names are doing the TITC Electric race in Tialand.

Just my 2cents.


Or maybe because the snowbirds(one of the biggest races in the states) is a lot closer than tialand? and their drivers would rather go to something less than an hour away, rather than halfway around the world?
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #411
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
It will be good to see the car in every day Joes hands to see how quick it is.
The Xray electric TC in the hands of every day Joes does very well all the time. How about you give the nitro TC the benefit of the doubt before casting judgement right away?
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #412
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: texas
Posts: 236
Default

It would be nice if everyone could spell the name of my home country correctly........it is spelled Thailand. Thanks.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #413
Tech Master
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
To be honest the car looks good but dont you guys think Xray are taking a leaf out of Kyoshos book buy Paying BIG DOLLARS to have the top guys drive it. Xray are using the Winternats as a big Marketing Ploy. Thats why none of there big names are doing the TITC Electric race in Tialand. Lets face it If you gave these guys a brick with wheels they would make it look fast.

It will be good to see the car in every day Joes hands to see how quick it is.

But like i said the car does look well put together with some nice bits.

Just my 2cents.
Is this a joke?! Isn't this what every team tries to do?! They want to win races so they use their budget to buy the best drivers they can, which is consistent throughout all of motorsports.

You want to talk about money?! Look at Team Magic/Trinity over there, Dumas, Blackstock, Flack, etc. they're not exactly nickel and diming with their drivers! But you are entitled to your opinion albeit not very well thought out...

My two cents

(Thank you, sook, Thailand was bugging me too, along with the difference between there, they're and their)
__________________
Sponsors:
- Cold Hard-Earned Cash Money -
rmargiotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #414
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Hi Rainer

When you do updates on your winternats analysis please consider these drivers with Team Magic G4S cars....I drive one and would love to see how they are doing.

Mike Blackstock
Bobby Flack
Mike Dumas
Chad Phillips

Thanks

AFM
Alfonso ~ These guys beat me to it.

http://thunder.rcresults.com/2007Win...standings.html
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 AM   #415
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It looks like Team XRAY is positioned to do well in both the A and B Mains at the WinterNats. We'll see if they can hold their positions during Thursday's qualifiers.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #416
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Alfonso ~ These guys beat me to it.

http://thunder.rcresults.com/2007Win...standings.html
Thanks Rainer....great link.....excellent software there....

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #417
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

BTW.. Site updated for rounds 3 & 4:
http://www.nitrokb.com/2007WinterNats/
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #418
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Jilles now has more "practice time" at Fort Myers than anyone else at the Winternats! This should give him a clear advantage going into the upper mains tomorrow - but he must have been really tired when he hit the sack!

Car's reliability is pretty impressive. Almost 500 laps and it's still running.

Good luck tomorrow Jilles!

Here are some quick stats:

Code:
Qualifying		
	Round 1 Avg Lap Time (21 Laps):	14.93
	Round 5 Avg Lap Time (22 Laps)	13.78

H Main - 93 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		16.10
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 8.11
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	15.49

G Main - 96 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.61
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 7.17
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	15.15

F Main - 96 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.59
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		13.93
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.83

E Main - 99 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.23
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 5.17
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.97

D Main - 100 laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		14.97
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 5.49
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.68
Note: Avg lap time between pits is really the average of the average lap times between pits, not include the lap in which the pit/delay occured.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #419
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Jilles now has more "practice time" at Fort Myers than anyone else at the Winternats! This should give him a clear advantage going into the upper mains tomorrow - but he must have been really tired when he hit the sack!

Car's reliability is pretty impressive. Almost 500 laps and it's still running.

Good luck tomorrow Jilles!

Here are some quick stats:

Code:
Qualifying		
	Round 1 Avg Lap Time (21 Laps):	14.93
	Round 5 Avg Lap Time (22 Laps)	13.78

H Main - 93 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		16.10
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 8.11
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	15.49

G Main - 96 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.61
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 7.17
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	15.15

F Main - 96 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.59
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		13.93
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.83

E Main - 99 Laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		15.23
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 5.17
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.97

D Main - 100 laps		
	Avg. Lap Time w/Pit:		14.97
	Avg. Pit/Delay Time:		 5.49
	Avg. Lap Time Between Pits:	14.68
Note: Avg lap time between pits is really the average of the average lap times between pits, not include the lap in which the pit/delay occured.
That's some excellent driving by Jilles. I think he's trying to set some kind of record for the most laps run in a 2 week span.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #420
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Congrats to team Xray for great results at FL Winternats!! Not bad for a brand new car making its debut! I feel bad for Jilles, working his way up from lower mains and winning the B, only to get dq'd again. But Martin was there ready to step in, adding 4th Xray in A-main!

Last edited by GK; 02-18-2007 at 03:51 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net