R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #3631
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now when r u gonna get me one of those bad boys
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #3632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Now when r u gonna get me one of those bad boys
a body? talk to jgo paints

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #3633
Tech Regular

No i don`t want to talk to jgo paints.
I want yours... u stole my paint sceme
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #3634
Tech Elite

Quote:
No i don`t want to talk to jgo paints.
I want yours... u stole my paint sceme
I don't think so, thats an original. :P, damn your a trouble maker.. go back to the serpent thread *pokes*

Old 01-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #3635
Tech Regular

Just kidding rex, just kidding
But no i`m not going back to the serpent threads, i like it here!!!!!!!!!
I`m here to give u hell lol,lol,lol,lol.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #3636
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just kidding rex, just kidding
But no i`m not going back to the serpent threads, i like it here!!!!!!!!!
I`m here to give u hell lol,lol,lol,lol.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #3637
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was sick and tired of seeing burnish marks on the xray steel bell i am using (light weight version) so i tried the xray aluminium clutch bell last race day.

i'm happy to say the shoe looks as new after 2, 5 minute runs, no burn marks. i hav en't had a chance to do a full 1/2hr final so i can't say if it goes soft, or if the bell deforms, but so far the aluminium bell works 100 times better than the steel one for me.

easier to set up, with less slip, and better power. it is also 50% lighter than the light weight steel bell.

i was using a max xxl3 and had good top end, and good torque. engine was still running very cool, and had .3mm head shims. track was medium to slightly below medium grip.

******i just checked the specs of 7075 t6 alloy and it begins ageing at a temp of 121 degrees celcius, so i don't think the clutch will be able to reach the temp to deform the alloy, or affect the integrity of it.

Last edited by TomB; 01-18-2009 at 07:20 PM.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #3638
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
I was sick and tired of seeing burnish marks on the xray steel bell i am using (light weight version) so i tried the xray aluminium clutch bell last race day.

i'm happy to say the shoe looks as new after 2, 5 minute runs, no burn marks. i hav en't had a chance to do a full 1/2hr final so i can't say if it goes soft, or if the bell deforms, but so far the aluminium bell works 100 times better than the steel one for me.

easier to set up, with less slip, and better power. it is also 50% lighter than the light weight steel bell.

i was using a max xxl3 and had good top end, and good torque. engine was still running very cool, and had .3mm head shims. track was medium to slightly below medium grip.

******i just checked the specs of 7075 t6 alloy and it begins ageing at a temp of 121 degrees celcius, so i don't think the clutch will be able to reach the temp to deform the alloy, or affect the integrity of it.
I played with the bell and it seemed that after the 10 min mark or so it would be kinda inconsistent.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #3639
Tech Elite

ok, I got one for you guys. I ran the 25 tooth pulley for the first time today, maxed out the tensioner.. and i knew it was to loose and ran it anyhow and ate teeth on a belt. who makes an aftermarket one so I can tension the belt so I don't kill side belts.? car was a rocket ship with the new engine and the overdrive.. 70 degree weather for winternats testing.. I love california btw lol

Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #3640
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
I played with the bell and it seemed that after the 10 min mark or so it would be kinda inconsistent.
When first tested the aluminum bell, I had a lot of wear on the bell, but that was on a dirtry track. At the Fort last weekend, (clean track and high grip) I ran a 5 min qualifier (9min) and the 30min A-main (35min) with no issues. After tear-down and inspecting, I had no wear on the bell or the yellow shoe.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #3641
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys im thinking of getting a xray nt1 later on as i get a bit more experienced with the rc world and better driving skills. I was thinking about the car kit, and doesn't come with an engine, what type of engine would you look into? Please be specific to brand, engine size of track requirements for competitions, and anything engine related etc...
I know Novarrossi is very good, and it requires modifications to place them in the nt1. What else is out there thats also good for competition racing or you guys recommend...
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #3642
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default KM-RC Chassis plate

Hi Guys,

Any of you tried the KM-RC chassis plate? Any good? Is it stronger then the 3mm or 4mm?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #3643
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
hey guys im thinking of getting a xray nt1 later on as i get a bit more experienced with the rc world and better driving skills. I was thinking about the car kit, and doesn't come with an engine, what type of engine would you look into? Please be specific to brand, engine size of track requirements for competitions, and anything engine related etc...
I know Novarrossi is very good, and it requires modifications to place them in the nt1. What else is out there thats also good for competition racing or you guys recommend...
Novarossi .12 size motors don't require any modifications to place in the NT1. When you're ready I'd recommend starting out with an O.S. 12TZ, it's a motor that is easy to tune, but also puts the power down. Novarossi's are also very good motors, but for someone that is still learning, you can't go wrong with an O.S.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #3644
Tech Fanatic

Miss post
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #3645
Tech Regular

my recomendation to you would be the novarossi 353