Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 12-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #3556
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
of course I do.
Perhaps that is the problem.

If the silicone tube is quite long, the soggy feeling ( brake fading ) might have risen. Perhaps you can shorten the silicone tube around 0.3 inches or 1 cm.

In my car, I don't use silicone tubes. I simply set the maximum braking without brake locking through EPA. So far so good, even with box standard equipments.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 AM   #3557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Perhaps that is the problem.

If the silicone tube is quite long, the soggy feeling ( brake fading ) might have risen. Perhaps you can shorten the silicone tube around 0.3 inches or 1 cm.

In my car, I don't use silicone tubes. I simply set the maximum braking without brake locking through EPA. So far so good, even with box standard equipments.
nah, i was using a teflon pad.. it was brake fade.. hence why I am going back to stock pad, no fade but not as good feel

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #3558
Tech Champion

Quote:
nah, i was using a teflon pad.. it was brake fade.. hence why I am going back to stock pad, no fade but not as good feel
Okay, let see how it will perform with stock pads.

Ciao.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #3559
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Okay, let see how it will perform with stock pads.

Ciao.
I usually run the car on the stock pad, I changed to the other pad and it faded WAY more than it had before.. so I went back to the stock pad. Might pick up a mugen pad and throw it on to test (I always liked my mugen brakes).

Old 12-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #3560
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Pat, YGPM

Quote:
I usually run the car on the stock pad, I changed to the other pad and it faded WAY more than it had before.. so I went back to the stock pad. Might pick up a mugen pad and throw it on to test (I always liked my mugen brakes).
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #3561
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel J View Post
Pat, YGPM
replied

Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #3562
Tech Regular

I know everyone feels the brakes are weak on the NT1. For kicks I bought the kyosho offroad ACRE bonded semi-metallic brake pads (used in the evo also?). They do not fit out of the box. I had to dremel them, but they do not fade. Running the stock disk. It took a while to dremel, it get's pretty close to almost not working because you take so much material off that you almost don't have a hole anymore for the screw.

The one that is dremeled down the most has to fit into the stock location, the other one the size is not as critical. The "half moon" shape had to be adjusted also but a dremel griding tool was the perfect fit.

Last edited by jk1152; 12-11-2008 at 11:15 PM.
jk1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #3563
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk1152 View Post
I know everyone feels the brakes are weak on the NT1. For kicks I bought the kyosho offroad ACRE bonded semi-metallic brake pads (used in the evo also?). They do not fit out of the box. I had to dremel them, but they do not fade. Running the stock disk. It took a while to dremel, it get's pretty close to almost not working because you take so much material off that you almost don't have a hole anymore for the screw.

The one that is dremeled down the most has to fit into the stock location, the other one the size is not as critical. The "half moon" shape had to be adjusted also but a dremel griding tool was the perfect fit.

Instead of doing all that work all you had to do is purchase the KM Racing pads...these pads by far are the best pads I've have found to work on the NT-1 and they look cool to boot..
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #3564
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default flywheel not locking

Trying to install the flywheel onto my rb r3 and the flywheel isnt locking in place. Does the cone that comes with the rb work with the flywheel?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #3565
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Trying to install the flywheel onto my rb r3 and the flywheel isnt locking in place. Does the cone that comes with the rb work with the flywheel?
i've been using the X-Ray cone that they sell for nova motors, and that works perfectly don't know about the one that comes with the motor
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #3566
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Try to find a Brass collet, the flywheel will grab better on a Brass collet.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #3567
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
i've been using the X-Ray cone that they sell for nova motors, and that works perfectly don't know about the one that comes with the motor
Based on the manual the nova one is 7mm, the rb one is only 5.5
I wonder if thats the problem? If you used the 7mm how did you get the measurment from the top of the not to the top of the trank to 9.2?

Is this the one your talking about?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16943
Old 12-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #3568
Tech Fanatic

Rui what's up man, you can add shims behind the collet to push it up. I use the novarossi collets without any issues. Your collet sounds like it's on the short side.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #3569
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Rui what's up man, you can add shims behind the collet to push it up. I use the novarossi collets without any issues. Your collet sounds like it's on the short side.
Whats up Diatta? Yeah, i figured the collet was too small. I guess i should add 1.5 or so in shims to get the flywheel to lock in place? If i do that i'll never get the 9.2-9.3 spacing from the nut to the top of the crank..Are you gonna be at 360 Sunday? If yes, maybe I can bring it with me?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #3570
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I'll be there, bring it in
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote