R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #3541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hey I own the Mugen mtx4 right now but thinking of switching to xray nt1,

Is xray going to redo the car's design or is it a ok to buy one now and not worry about it being outdated?
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #3542
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I wouldn't worry about a new car till at least mid 09. They did well at the worlds with the car more or less out of the box, different clutch shoe, lightened bells, lightened this part or that. But more or less the same car I am running at club races.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #3543
Tech Initiate

Hi guys I have found my side belt a bit loose but when I tighten it hits the front back screw on the engine mount?is it ok to ground this screw down a bit so I can tighten the belt up a bit more or is there another way?does he one piece mount eliminate this problem?
thanks
out-of-control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #3544
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by out-of-control View Post
Hi guys I have found my side belt a bit loose but when I tighten it hits the front back screw on the engine mount?is it ok to ground this screw down a bit so I can tighten the belt up a bit more or is there another way?does he one piece mount eliminate this problem?
thanks
ok help me out here, try to use part numbers when referencing this. like # X is hitting #X. you should be able to take the eccentric throughout the range of the tensioner. and with the 26 tooth front pully I don't have to run the tensioner more than say 50%.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #3545
Tech Initiate

hello here are some pics to show the problem? also whats all these blank screw holes for on the chassis?

Xray NT1-pc061682.jpg

Xray NT1-pc061683.jpg

Xray NT1-pc061684.jpg

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
ok help me out here, try to use part numbers when referencing this. like # X is hitting #X. you should be able to take the eccentric throughout the range of the tensioner. and with the 26 tooth front pully I don't have to run the tensioner more than say 50%.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #3546
Tech Elite

the first part. It looks like your trying to get to much tension. Your talking about the tensioner (xray pn 333070) hitting the motor mount screw? (xray pn 338710). You don't have to have the side belt all that tight.

oh, Thats easy. They are holes for ballast. xray makes bolt on weights, I use about 30 grams on the left side to even out the weight on the car to get it balanced left to right..

Old 12-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #3547
Tech Initiate

hey thanks for your help! very happy with the car, building it was fun I could build a heap more.
cheers
Quote:
the first part. It looks like your trying to get to much tension. Your talking about the tensioner (xray pn 333070) hitting the motor mount screw? (xray pn 338710). You don't have to have the side belt all that tight.

oh, Thats easy. They are holes for ballast. xray makes bolt on weights, I use about 30 grams on the left side to even out the weight on the car to get it balanced left to right..
Old 12-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #3548
Tech Elite

well I ran today for the toys for tots race.. wow, had to scramble to get a setup for crystal park as the practice day I did was NOTHING like the grip on race day lol. anyhow, bad luck in qual means bump up to the final.. lol

Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #3549
Tech Elite

ok, so I have these questions:
What is the shortest first gear you have run? (like 17/60?) and second: what brake setup are you running? This is prompted after doing a lot of clutch testing and found that I couldn't get enough rip to spin the tires with a more than capable engine. 7.11 fdr first is to tall it seems, tried 7.24 and it only got better next time We will take a big swing and run 7.56 and see how she fairs. May just be the extra zip we need.. lol

I might go back to the stock pad after todays race at CP. grip was medium- high (two day event at permanent track).

half way through the main the brake of corse starts to fade. 78% epa, with stock disc and mugen teflon pad. What are you guys running? will go back to stock pads with 20% epa

Old 12-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #3550
Tech Champion

Quote:

half way through the main the brake of corse starts to fade. 78% epa, with stock disc and mugen teflon pad. What are you guys running? will go back to stock pads with 20% epa

Do you use silicone tube to soften initial braking like most people do ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #3551
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
And you are sure it isn't because your pitman spoiled to much fuel, during pitstops?..
Old 12-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #3552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

I've been running the Mugen mtx4 brake pad material in mine with no brake fade after 6 months.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #3553
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Do you use silicone tube to soften initial braking like most people do ?
of course I do.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #3554
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
And you are sure it isn't because your pitman spoiled to much fuel, during pitstops?..
yup, jon always does me a solid.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #3555
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
I've been running the Mugen mtx4 brake pad material in mine with no brake fade after 6 months.
yeah, when I had an MTX4 I liked the brake feel better I was thinkin about getting their pad.. cheers