R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #3406
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rystang View Post
Hello Gents,
I don't own a NT1 but have been doing a little research lately on 2 speeds and the available gears......which is how I stumbled onto the NT1. I have a RC Drag car that uses a Mugen centax clutch and a Mugen two speed(MTX3). The two speed hubs or carriers ride on a 6mm shaft. My queston is does anyone know if the X-Ray gears will bolt to the Mugen carriers...they look simular online but its hard to tell from just looking at pictures. The other queston is what size is the X-Ray mid-shaft that the two speed rides on, if its 6mm then I could possibly use the X-Ray carriers if the gears are not adaptable to the Mugen carriers. Last Queston is....on the X-Ray clutch bell, do the Mugen(MTX3) gears interchange?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Rey
I think you better stick with what you have now ( mtx3 ).

You have to buy complete set of NT1 2speed assembly ( gear, housing, clutch, etc ) to make it work.

They are not interchangeable.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #3407
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guy's, I appreciate your input. By the way if its possible could some one please give me a dia. measurement on the 2 speed shaft anyway.
rystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 AM   #3408
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Thanks guy's, I appreciate your input. By the way if its possible could some one please give me a dia. measurement on the 2 speed shaft anyway.
The dia. is the same.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #3409
Tech Adept

So its 6mm .....right?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #3410
Tech Initiate

not sure the size.......but i once used a mugen 1st gear housing on my Nt1.....just had to dremel the 3raised portions on the xray gear.....most of those parts on the Mugen/xray are close enough to make work,,,,,,ur dealin with almost a mugen copy!!!
Xray prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #3411
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray prince View Post
not sure the size.......but i once used a mugen 1st gear housing on my Nt1.....just had to dremel the 3raised portions on the xray gear.....most of those parts on the Mugen/xray are close enough to make work,,,,,,ur dealin with almost a mugen copy!!!
NT1 doesn't strip gears like the Mugen, unless you have a Picco based engine then you might have a melting gear problems.
jk1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #3412
Tech Adept

Thanks again guy's for the quick resonses. I'm going to order a couple of the NT-1 spurs and check the fit on the Mugen carriers...if they don't work out I'l probably order the NT1 carriers since they also ride on a 6mm shaft.
Do any of you gents have a extra set of carriers you don't need??? Drop me a PM if you do.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #3413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks again guy's for the quick resonses. I'm going to order a couple of the NT-1 spurs and check the fit on the Mugen carriers...if they don't work out I'l probably order the NT1 carriers since they also ride on a 6mm shaft.
Do any of you gents have a extra set of carriers you don't need??? Drop me a PM if you do.
the spurs will not fit on the mugen
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #3414
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
what about the graphite parts do they go in the oven as well
Geez yeah, stick the whole lot in. We often put a new car in with a roasting chook on Sundays , but a couple of times now it has worked so well we ate the car and raced the chook!!!!!!:l ol::lo
Gseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #3415
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk1152 View Post
NT1 doesn't strip gears like the Mugen, unless you have a Picco based engine then you might have a melting gear problems.
Strange... I've run a picco on my NT1 for over 6 months and never experienced a melted gear. Where did you hear this from?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #3416
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to rwhit
Default Set up tips for Nor-cal

Hey Guys, I'm a proud new owner of a NT1 and I was wonder if any one had a set up for a med size technical parking lot track. thats sometimes has med to high traction.

And what kind of tires works well on this car I have Exceed but I herd Nitro Shoes work good.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #3417
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhit View Post
Hey Guys, I'm a proud new owner of a NT1 and I was wonder if any one had a set up for a med size technical parking lot track. thats sometimes has med to high traction.

And what kind of tires works well on this car I have Exceed but I herd Nitro Shoes work good.
i run kawahara
try kawahara tyres on a low tractions track will stick like glue
iv tryed nitro shoes but the kawahara were the better tyre on low traction parking lot tracks
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #3418
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
i run kawahara
try kawahara tyres on a low tractions track will stick like glue
iv tryed nitro shoes but the kawahara were the better tyre on low traction parking lot tracks
Yes Kawahara Tire had more grip !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #3419
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhit View Post

Not to get into who makes the rubber and all. But Exceed has Jaco name on the back of the box and Nitro Shoes have Jaco's name on the back of the box also.

Exceed still uses the old "Serpent" style. Nitro Shoes have updated to a "Prism" style rim that is supposed to be better performing then the traditional "Serpent" style.

I think either are good. It comes down to having a few different flavors available to you as track conditions change or if it's a new track you haven't been too.

I try to keep 38,40, 42 shores fronts with me. 40 and 42 for the rear. I even have some 45's for messing around but don't think I would race with 45's. It's also fun to get the "rear" of the car dialed in as close as you can on 45's then switch to 42's it makes a big difference. I will mess with the front shore to get more "turn in" the softer I go as a setup change.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #3420
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Strange... I've run a picco on my NT1 for over 6 months and never experienced a melted gear. Where did you hear this from?
In this thread.