Old 02-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #316
Tech Adept

And some more here

http://www.rcteamgo.com/modules.php?...ails&album=184
deepfree_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #317
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

I think deepfree_z saw the "real" NT1 at Toy Fair in Germany He exhibits their new 1/24 chassis "sinister" there...

www.tgr.com.tr
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:44 AM   #318
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
I don't have a Kyosho and I never looked at one that closely, but I do have a Mugen and I know that I'm really having a problem to find any real differences to the NT1. IMHO, it's not just the layout, even the look of most of the parts is the same.
This is typical of whap happens when a company produces a killer design. Everyone mimics they're findings and adds their little touches to try and refine the design. Electric touring (the belt driven cars) is ripe with copycat designs. This is not the first time and it won't be the last. Personally, I like Xray's version of the Kyosho car. It looks a lot better than the Mugen's version. I would like to give this car a try.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #320
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Just like in all forms of racing technology and design hit a wall for a while. Low CG, flat tanks....etc. Everyone concedes that certain design ideas are ideal and everyone goes with it. Call it copy cat or whatever you want, but under closer inspection you will see there are several "twists" to the new NT1.

Quality of components is just one area where the NT1 differs from all other manufacturers.....

We'll see in 2 weeks how good it is or isn't....
Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I love the two piece engine mount system I would love to have that on my MTX-4
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 02-03-2007 at 10:29 AM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #322
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

lets just support this car its all in the family
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #323
Tech Adept

It's got some nice features due to xray's typical design detail, but has anyone else noted that there is no left side brace between the mid bulkhead and the rear? I know they will probly say the motor mount eliminates the need in bending but what about having some symetry in torsion?
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #324
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Just like in all forms of racing technology and design hit a wall for a while. Low CG, flat tanks....etc. Everyone concedes that certain design ideas are ideal and everyone goes with it. Call it copy cat or whatever you want, but under closer inspection you will see there are several "twists" to the new NT1.

Quality of components is just one area where the NT1 differs from all other manufacturers.....

We'll see in 2 weeks how good it is or isn't....
Hey Butter the car is gonna be good just based off of the team that will be running it. I don't think the race has nothing to do with making or breaking the car. As for components it has the same components from the other top 3 in the Mkt with 1 or 2 added features Etc. Good luck to the XRAY Team
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez
Hey Butter the car is gonna be good just based off of the team that will be running it. I don't think the race has nothing to do with making or breaking the car. As for components it has the same components from the other top 3 in the Mkt with 1 or 2 added features Etc. Good luck to the XRAY Team

Of course not..the race will not make or break the car...What I was trying to point out was that Design Theory in general has hit a sticking point. This is the reason for so many similar designs. We do indeed have a good team...but Mugen and Serpent aren't in too bad a shape!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #326
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts
It's got some nice features due to xray's typical design detail, but has anyone else noted that there is no left side brace between the mid bulkhead and the rear? I know they will probly say the motor mount eliminates the need in bending but what about having some symetry in torsion?
The RRR and MTX-4 don't have a left side brace either. The NT1's right side brace is curved, so that you can remove the engine without having to remove the brace - which is a definite problem on the MTX-4. Depending on what engine you're running in the RRR, you may or may not have to remove the brace.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
lets just support this car its all in the family
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #328
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Of course not..the race will not make or break the car...What I was trying to point out was that Design Theory in general has hit a sticking point. This is the reason for so many similar designs. We do indeed have a good team...but Mugen and Serpent aren't in too bad a shape!
IMO, XRAY has raised the bar a bit. Everyone else is sure to follow - or should I say "copy". I bet the engineers at other manufacturers are looking at certain design aspects of the car and saying, "I wish we would have thought of that!"
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #329
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
IMO, XRAY has raised the bar a bit. Everyone else is sure to follow - or should I say "copy". I bet the engineers at other manufacturers are looking at certain design aspects of the car and saying, "I wish we would have thought of that!"
Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #330
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When the chassis all pretty much apear to be the same, then the major selling point would be the quality of the car itself, swithching from Japanese elect TC's to Xray is just astounding in the quality and strength of the components, just the amount of money I have NOT had to spend for hopups has made see the light.
Now for the hard part:
Waiting for the release.
Fred