Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Serpent parts

Can I use the Serpent Centax III yellow shoe with the NT clutch? The yellow shoe isn't in stock locally and I was wondering if the Centax III shoe would do.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

no their different in size.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

new parts arrived
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-xr-335711.jpg  
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kissimmee

Hi,
Can someone post a good starting point for a chasis set up for the Kissimmee track?
Thanks in advance,
Joe
Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

The X-Ray forum Paul LeMieux has a set up for Kiss.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
Hi,
Can someone post a good starting point for a chasis set up for the Kissimmee track?
Thanks in advance,
Joe
For Kissimmee, I would actually recommend starting off with Ralph Burch's US Winternats '08 - Winning Set-up.

I ran the setup this past weekend at 301 Raceway, with relatively low grip, and the car was the best it ever has been there for me. It was only 90% dialed at first, but still fast and easy to drive. A few tweaks later...

This is a really good base setup.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
For Kissimmee, I would actually recommend starting off with Ralph Burch's US Winternats '08 - Winning Set-up.

I ran the setup this past weekend at 301 Raceway, with relatively low grip, and the car was the best it ever has been there for me. It was only 90% dialed at first, but still fast and easy to drive. A few tweaks later...

Will you happen to know the setup here at Crystal Park CA. Thanks...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joel J
Will you happen to know the setup here at Crystal Park CA. Thanks...
I really don't know, and I couldn't find one on the XRAY site.

As I said before, Ralph's setup is a good base setup, or you could start with the basic setup.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by teamgp

thanks for your advice. do you know if he was running a spool, oneway or a differential upfront?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

The stock set-up is better to start off with then start tweaking it to your driving style. And Ralph ran a spool at Ft. Meyers.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
The stock set-up is better to start off with then start tweaking it to your driving style. And Ralph ran a spool at Ft. Meyers.
thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
thanks for your advice. do you know if he was running a spool, oneway or a differential upfront?
He ran a spool up front and a rear diff with 30k (filled full; more than the manual states).
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

I have to disagree with you on this one. If you take a look at all of his and Barry's setups throughout the year, you'll find that there are some key changes that they made and kept for a good base setup for the next race.

I believe his recent Winternats setup is more of an evolution of the basic setup. Keep in mind that the basic setup was developed over a year ago in more controlled conditions and on European tracks. As with anything, time and experience changes things.

While at the Winternats, I decided to use his setup and only had to make a few tweaks to tailor it to my driving style, which is much different. The immediate difference for me was 0.5s/lap on changing the setup alone, before I made my tweaks. If you play around with caster, front toe-out, anti-roll bars and of course tire shores, you should be able to dial it in to your own driving style. Rear toe-in and diff fluid wt should be changed to suit the track grip conditions.

However, the rest of the setup (shock position, spring, oil, pistons, roll centers, camber links positions, down-stops, track width, ride height, etc.) is the best balance I've seen or felt on the NT1, both at Ft Myers and at our totally different local track (301 Raceway, which is more like the large flowing European tracks).
Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

What I'm saying is for someone starting out with the car for the first time go with the stock set-up and then make changes to your liking or try a posted set-up. Not everyone can get the same out of a set-up the way Ralph or Barry or Paul you need the base starting point then take it from there.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

What I'm saying is for someone starting out with the car for the first time go with the stock set-up and then make changes to your liking or try a posted set-up. Not everyone can get the same out of a set-up the way Ralph or Barry or Paul you need the base starting point then take it from there.
I agree with part of your point. However, a base starting point doesn't stay static. As the team drivers learn the car over the course of a years racing, I'm pretty sure the base setup, which brings overall balance, evolves.

If I can use Ralph's setup as is and instantly improve my lap times, then I stand to believe that most, if not all, can.

Here's a saying I use to keep reminding myself of some things...

'Thats why they get paid the big bucks.'

They know what they're doin...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.