R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 AM   #2761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default nt1 composite rx case

does any one tried putting the receiver box of xray nt1 to kyosho evolva or mtx4.???
if not do you think it will fit? this is nice box to protect your electronics.

http://nexusracing.net/images/336000.jpg
johndayo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #2762
Tech Regular

Nice, but heavy

It weights 25g. I put it away and use the carbon plate from xray.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #2763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Nice, but heavy

It weights 25g. I put it away and use the carbon plate from xray.
i've used the carbon plate also. i got a mtx4 cover and reciver holder and drilled the required hole in the carbon and mounted the mtx4 reciever holder/cover to the carbonfibre. sort of fits a bit tight, but still ok. you need to use a few shims (i used the tank lowering shims) to make the CF brace sit right.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #2764
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Loctite are not intended for plastic, thay are only for metal to metal fasteners, so never apply loctite on plastic, it has an ingredient that actually eats up/softens the plastic.
Sam, thanks for the advice. But if you are not suppose to put the loc tite on the plastic to metal, how do you fix the problem of the screws coming loose. I ran my car for the first time last Saturday, and I noticed the car would jult to the right. After inspecting the car, I noticed the rear tow was not even anymore, i.e. I had to screw in one of the pivot balls. I chalked it up to the hard practicing. But now I think it may just have come unscrewed by itself. If you are not suppose to put the loc tight on the screws, what do you do to fix this problem? Seems like it would be hard to drive in a long main.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #2765
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow View Post
Sam, thanks for the advice. But if you are not suppose to put the loc tite on the plastic to metal, how do you fix the problem of the screws coming loose. I ran my car for the first time last Saturday, and I noticed the car would jult to the right. After inspecting the car, I noticed the rear tow was not even anymore, i.e. I had to screw in one of the pivot balls. I chalked it up to the hard practicing. But now I think it may just have come unscrewed by itself. If you are not suppose to put the loc tight on the screws, what do you do to fix this problem? Seems like it would be hard to drive in a long main.
I use a small dab of shoe goo to lock the pivot ball alum adjustment nut in place. If I need to disassemble any of them during race day, I use a small dab of CA, since it sets quicker than shoe goo. The CA and shoe goo will come off easy enough without damaging anything.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #2766
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
I use a small dab of shoe goo to lock the pivot ball alum adjustment nut in place. If I need to disassemble any of them during race day, I use a small dab of CA, since it sets quicker than shoe goo. The CA and shoe goo will come off easy enough without damaging anything.
Xray recommends 'Blue Threadlock' here (http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=5351)

They do not mention loctite by name though. There may be other kinds of blue thread lock. I thought Tamiya made something for metal on plastics. I wonder if white glue would work just as well.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #2767
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
thanks, by the way, do you run your car with the receiver cover/box?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #2768
Tech Elite

You can also measure the thread part of the pivot ball and measure the ball part. Just usa one of the competing brands that is the same on the ball part, but larger on the thread part. You can even possible go bigger on the ball part, but I am not sure, as I do not use this car.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #2769
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
You can also measure the thread part of the pivot ball and measure the ball part. Just usa one of the competing brands that is the same on the ball part, but larger on the thread part. You can even possible go bigger on the ball part, but I am not sure, as I do not use this car.
thanks for the advice dj. its kindof surprising they have this problem since they use to make the parts for serpent. you would think they would have this down.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #2770
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
dj,
i sent you a pm
Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #2771
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks, by the way, do you run your car with the receiver cover/box?
No. I shoe goo'd the spektrum receiver to the side of the throttle servo.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #2772
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No. I shoe goo'd the spektrum receiver to the side of the throttle servo.
thanks for the info. by the way, if you do not mind, tell me who you are? just curious cause you know a lot about the car. so i thought you may be a factory driver??? i know in your signature it states Guy Hood but was just curious how you know so much about the car. hope you take no offense.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #2773
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks for the info. by the way, if you do not mind, tell me who you are? just curious cause you know a lot about the car. so i thought you may be a factory driver??? i know in your signature it states Guy Hood but was just curious how you know so much about the car. hope you take no offense.
I'm not a factory driver per se. I work for XRAY HQ on their Customer Support Team. Some factory driver perks, but none of their skill or glory.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #2774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #2775
Tech Regular

Default New Mod Bumper

Check out this bumper on my NT1. I can't take credit for though. A friend made for me. Cool!

Uncut, the standard bumper is a little thick. The upper bumper plate presses down on the foam and causes the front body posts to tilt inward a bit. Taking a sharp hobby knife and cutting out the upper plate shape to about 1~2 mm deep, then placing the plate on top gives the plate a perfect fit for the bumper.

To toughen the bumper, after you've carved it a bit, take a lighter and singe the bumper a bit. WARNING!!! Don't overdo the lighter or you'll be needing a new bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-bumper1.jpg   Xray NT1-bumper2.jpg  
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote