R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #2596
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
anyone switch to the new Aluminum Shocks? I have heard a few complaints about the stock plastic ones... I even heard of people putting 720 shocks on their NT1's, this true?
yes a couple of nt1 at our local track have change them
they dont seem too leak like the plastic ones
just make shore you buy xray shockes as the another brands dont work with the adjustable shocks
i changing my as of today as 2 of my plastic ones were cracked and one had a hole in it
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #2597
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

ok, im thinking a BLS451 for steering and an S9452 for throttle...yes, the 9452 is $20 cheaper!
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #2598
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

i have an MRC Superbrain 960 charger laying around... will this handle the duties of charging the 1600 receiver packs? i noticed on the reciever pack, they have reciever plugs on the wires... may sound like a stupid question, but how do i charge if the MRC only has the standard style plugs??
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #2599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Buy or build a charging cable with on one side the standard charging plugs and the other side a reciever type plug.
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #2600
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
anyone switch to the new Aluminum Shocks? I have heard a few complaints about the stock plastic ones... I even heard of people putting 720 shocks on their NT1's, this true?
I'm planning on getting them... it's to make a shock more consistent because the temperature is dissipated better...

No trouble with the plastic shocks though.. building takes a while to do properly, but that's with every brand...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #2601
Tech Fanatic

Aluminum shocks also have a slightly different feel to them and will take some laps to break them in the stock shocks are great, but being that aluminum is more durable they would be a nice addition to the car.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #2602
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
ok, im thinking a BLS451 for steering and an S9452 for throttle...yes, the 9452 is $20 cheaper!
Sounds like you're going to have some good combo in your car
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #2603
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Sounds like you're going to have some good combo in your car
whats up diatta how is it going man, and yeah that does sound like a killer servo combo when i need to get some new ones i just might go the same route but till than just keep using my 9451's if aint broke dont mess with it....
Old 02-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #2604
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dee its done just gotta do the clutch missing screws for receiver box and for front top bumper brace
Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #2605
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
whats up diatta how is it going man, and yeah that does sound like a killer servo combo when i need to get some new ones i just might go the same route but till than just keep using my 9451's if aint broke dont mess with it....
Meron what's up looks like you have the right car to do some damage for next season Good choice I'm just gonna try and wait patiently for spring to come
Old 02-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #2606
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Dee its done just gotta do the clutch missing screws for receiver box and for front top bumper brace
Sounds like you've made a lot of progress this past week hurry up and find those screws, your almost there. Are you satisfied with the build so far???
Old 02-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #2607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

goes together with no problems but again if you've built one kit their all the same most impressed with the improvement on the serpent shock no sanding of the piston necessary.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #2608
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

i might be selling a brand new nt1. It is built.
I has a RB .12 engine installed, 3 tanks through engine for break-in, so its new. Also has a new speedline pipe.

Could split up but would rather sell all together.

$$$$

Last edited by dal bains; 02-03-2008 at 08:39 PM.
dal bains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #2609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains View Post
i might be selling a brand new nt1. It is built.
I has a RB .12 engine installed, 3 tanks through engine for break-in, so its new. Also has a new speedline pipe.

Could split up but would rather sell all together.

$650
Whywhat's up with that, you have more than one that you own?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #2610
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Meron what's up looks like you have the right car to do some damage for next season Good choice I'm just gonna try and wait patiently for spring to come
yeah got the sweet ride for this year man, its beautiful.....you and me both just itching to race nitro since cant make it to winternats or kyosho invitational just got to wait for chris to have 301 ready for us i guess.....Way to go GIANTS also....I love watching the Pats lose.....