R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #2341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1 extra hole on the rear camber link...total 5....old batches are having 4 holes...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #2342
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Yes, correct.

One thing I did notice in my new kit is a totally different side belt. No Xray marking on it, slighty thicker, and a very shiny coat compared to the other belts. Something to do with this maybe... http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=6151
Can you post a photo of the belts? I would like to see them.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #2343
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Can you post a photo of the belts? I would like to see them.
I posted a photo on the last page.

The front and rear belts have the rubbery feel, dull color and have xray written on them (similar to the MTX-4R belts for example). The side belt is a totally different material.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #2344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The price is still rising 489.99
Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #2345
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
The price is still rising 489.99
RC turing into an investment???

26% return, don't see that anywhere else

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #2346
Tech Regular

This pricing is just getting out of hand. I hate the Euro. If the dollar would be exchanged with krono wich is slovakia's currency the car would cost a third of the price.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #2347
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
This pricing is just getting out of hand. I hate the Euro. If the dollar would be exchanged with krono wich is slovakia's currency the car would cost a third of the price.
Actually, that's not correct. Slovak koruna is pegged to the Euro (there is a limit how much it can fluctuate against Euro), so it doesn't make any difference. Problem is the decrease in value of US dollar against just about any currency out there...
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-usd_skk.jpg  

Last edited by GK; 01-12-2008 at 05:38 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #2348
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Actually, that's not correct. Slovak koruna is pegged to the Euro (there is a limit how much it can fluctuate against Euro), so it doesn't make any difference. Problem is the decrease in value of US dollar against just about any currency out there...
Ok but what i am saying is if there was no euro than the dollars exchange rate would be better.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #2349
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

are the 3 racing titanium pivot balls for the nt1 any good? or do they break? also, do the mugen pivot balls work? i heard the mugen's thread diamter is slightly larger, thank those of the nt1, so will the mugen titanium pivot balls fit?
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #2350
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
are the 3 racing titanium pivot balls for the nt1 any good? or do they break? also, do the mugen pivot balls work? i heard the mugen's thread diamter is slightly larger, thank those of the nt1, so will the mugen titanium pivot balls fit?
why are you looking to change the stock ones?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #2351
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=TomB;4067657]are the 3 racing titanium pivot balls for the nt1 any good? or do they break? QUOTE]

they only break if you hit stuff
Z-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #2352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
The 3Racing ones seem to bend before they break. unless you notice and inspect them after each hit, you won't know. The Mugen Ti ones have a different size ball, not by much, but a little and they seem to weekend the hole of the upright. the only time I had an upright fail is when I tried the Mugen ones. If you are trying to drop some weight, look to adding Ti screws on the upper deck, and/or use aluminum wheel nuts, ect.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:27 AM   #2353
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
The 3Racing ones seem to bend before they break. unless you notice and inspect them after each hit, you won't know. The Mugen Ti ones have a different size ball, not by much, but a little and they seem to weekend the hole of the upright. the only time I had an upright fail is when I tried the Mugen ones. If you are trying to drop some weight, look to adding Ti screws on the upper deck, and/or use aluminum wheel nuts, ect.
ok cool just the man i wanted to get an answer from as i knew you installed them.

the NT1 pivots are the same as the kyoshos, do any reputable japanese brands make titanium ones for the kyosho series?
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #2354
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
ok cool just the man i wanted to get an answer from as i knew you installed them.

the NT1 pivots are the same as the kyoshos, do any reputable japanese brands make titanium ones for the kyosho series?

Sorry, but the Kyosho RRR and NT1 pivots are not the same size. The NT1's are smaller in dia.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #2355
Tech Regular

if you really want to change the stock pivot balls on your nt1 the only ones that i would suggest are the ones from capricornrc.com. They are teflon coated but i dont know if they are actually lighter than stock. I am sure you can e-mail them and they'll let you know if they are lighter. I have gotten some of the other products in the past and they where all of good quality