Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Novarossi
I am pretty sure I saw this answered somewhere, but do any modifications need to be made to get a Novarossi 12-3SCT into the NT1?

I am not too keen on dremeling a $500 brand new engine

Do any after market engine mounts fix this problem?
no it should fit perfectly.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocca30
no it should fit perfectly.
go to bed Rocca
Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I am getting so frustrated with stripping my second gears, it's starting to get ridiculous. I tighten the screws down so hard, but it still doesn't help. I have a perfect mesh according to everyone, but they still strip. it seems as though my last option is to try longer screws.
bro..i think you should takenote on those posted and laso check again your rear bulkhead assembly,my friend got this head up down til i took out whole set my rear assembly and mount on,he ran 4-5 tanks happily,now he got his new rear bulkhead and solve the stripping miseries..
hope it helps..
Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Novarossi
I am pretty sure I saw this answered somewhere, but do any modifications need to be made to get a Novarossi 12-3SCT into the NT1?

I am not too keen on dremeling a $500 brand new engine

Do any after market engine mounts fix this problem?
i have run novarossi plus base and picco idm before,they fits nice,except for sirio,i need to do little dremel work on the crancase mounting holes.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

only the Novarossi Plus2 353 has problem to fit in the NT1. all other engines fits perfectly.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys...i started off racing rc last year and im soooo hoooked on...i started out just playing mini-z and then hobby shop owner told me to move on to bigger scale....but i got held back because of $$$issues...i got a job during last summer and i moved on to 1/10 electric...then beginning of this year i moved on to lots of stuff...i have tamiya mini, 1/18 rc18r helicopters, now im into offroad 1/8 monster trucks...and 1/10 offroad...i realised that i have to buy the best shit for everything or else im gona regret...
so for electric i got xray, offroad i got xray...i might as well get onroad nitro xray too...
im doing a lot of research on the nt1...i find that buying it from HK was the cheapest...but the trouble is, finding someone to bring it back to me is gona be hard...its xmas and my friends have to bring back their own stuff...so i have a few questions....where is the cheapest place to buy it online? also what engine is recommended for the nt1? im not pro at nitro stuff i just started nitro offroad this year....i could get stuff from my local hobby shop but i realised that my local hobby shop has been ripping me off badly...after learning that i can do a lot of shopping on the internet...e.g. selling me a 3pk for 400 bucks with the AM module. yeahup i got pissed off. are there any mods i should buy along with the nt1?

thanks all and id appreciate it.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Since your going to buy the kit you should go ahead and purchase the 08 edition, which comes with front universals, other than that there are really no other hop ups necessary to improve the performance. The cars a great performer out the box and if you're going to be serious about on-road racing, invest in tuning options like the optional sway bar or springs. Learn the car in it's stock form and dial it as much as you can, when you get consistent enough that you're not hitting boards every lap or so, and think you can get more out of the car, look into those tuning options. A good engine for that car to start out with would be any of the plus tuned motors from novarossi. The JLR red dots are good for the buck also. RC mushroom has decent prices and in the U.S. you can check out Brooklynhobbies.com
Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

www.brooklynhobbies.com

www.towerhobbies.com

www.rc-mushroom.com

www.rcmart.com

www.amainhobbies.com
Old 12-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

topekoms -- NeXus Racing has the '08 edition in stock. They also have the parts supply to back it up. As for as hop-up go the car is good out of the box. NeXus Racing does however carry all the Xray hop-ups as well.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by topekoms
hey guys...i started off racing rc last year and im soooo hoooked on...i started out just playing mini-z and then hobby shop owner told me to move on to bigger scale....but i got held back because of $$$issues...i got a job during last summer and i moved on to 1/10 electric...then beginning of this year i moved on to lots of stuff...i have tamiya mini, 1/18 rc18r helicopters, now im into offroad 1/8 monster trucks...and 1/10 offroad...i realised that i have to buy the best shit for everything or else im gona regret...
so for electric i got xray, offroad i got xray...i might as well get onroad nitro xray too...
im doing a lot of research on the nt1...i find that buying it from HK was the cheapest...but the trouble is, finding someone to bring it back to me is gona be hard...its xmas and my friends have to bring back their own stuff...so i have a few questions....where is the cheapest place to buy it online? also what engine is recommended for the nt1? im not pro at nitro stuff i just started nitro offroad this year....i could get stuff from my local hobby shop but i realised that my local hobby shop has been ripping me off badly...after learning that i can do a lot of shopping on the internet...e.g. selling me a 3pk for 400 bucks with the AM module. yeahup i got pissed off. are there any mods i should buy along with the nt1?

thanks all and id appreciate it.
The Team Kamikaze has great deal check the web http://www.kamikazercracing.com/home.htm and most of Hot stuff not put on web but in the store. you can just make a phone call.

3116 East Chapman Ave. Orange 92869
1-714-997-TOYS
Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wouldn't call it a great deal when it is $4 more expensive than the Nexus price and you don't get CVD's which is another $66US. Overall they are approx $70US more expensive. Not a great deal.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well from what I hear, if your looking at buying one better do it soon. Prices are going to go up after the first of the year because of the $ vs. everything else.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Does anyone have an extra clutch bell tool they can get rid of, or seen it at their local shop. I have been waiting since early Nov. for one and really am starting to need it. Has anyone seen one online anywhere ?

Thanks
Derek
Old 12-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kaotickc
Does anyone have an extra clutch bell tool they can get rid of, or seen it at their local shop. I have been waiting since early Nov. for one and really am starting to need it. Has anyone seen one online anywhere ?

Thanks
Derek
i believe rc america just received this week in there xray order.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

www.rcmarket.com.hk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.