Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #2086
Tech Addict

mark, check your messages
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #2087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont know if this was posted earlier in the thread,but what spring is everyone using on the clutch?..It seems alot of people dont think highly of the factory one...

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #2088
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Hi there, has anyone tried the atomic front universals? Any comments?

Thanks.
Use STD XRAY !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #2089
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

What springs seem to be the ticket for tight tracks? Their color coding seems kinda difficult between the purple, light purple and violet. Also what weight are the silvers supposed to be?
kaotickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #2090
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
I dont know if this was posted earlier in the thread,but what spring is everyone using on the clutch?..It seems alot of people dont think highly of the factory one...
After the xray clutch was explained to me properly by one of the team drivers, the stock clutch works very well for my track. Some of the team drivers are using the square orion spring though, I have one but I haven't tried it yet. Unlike the other clutches, the weights really are supposed to be mounted with the pins through the holes.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #2091
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotickc View Post
What springs seem to be the ticket for tight tracks? Their color coding seems kinda difficult between the purple, light purple and violet. Also what weight are the silvers supposed to be?
The front silver is supposedly near 33lb and the rear is near 28lb.. I'm not real sure why Xray didn't just give us the colored springs but one of the local rc america drivers believes these springs to be unique in some way and always runs them instead of the colored variety. I've only used the colored springs because they're rated but I'll probably try the silvers some day if I run out of other things to test.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #2092
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So far the stock springs have worked well for me on every track that I've been too and the only thing I've really had to adjust are roll center, sway bar, and sometimes shock posotions, depending on amount of traction. I really think that for spring choice it comes down to personal preference, I suggest learning the car with stock springs because it does perform well with those.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #2093
Tech Apprentice

want to buy, who is sell cheap?
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #2094
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...l.php?prod=NT1

Here you go!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #2095
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

What on/off switch did you guys get to fit in the RX box opening? I have one, but its about 2 mm too long.
kaotickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #2096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
What on/off switch did you guys get to fit in the RX box opening? I have one, but its about 2 mm too long.
I took the one out of my NT18 on one car and the other, I took an associated on/.off switch and removed the plastic cover.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 AM   #2097
B4
Tech Addict

Quote:
I'm using a micro on/off switch which i think is from a plane. I had to cut the hole slightly larger and it goes in from the top with on screw keeping it in place. I couldn't find anything else so this had to do, in then end it fitted quite well and i'm happy enough with it but i'm still left wondering what switch they intended for the car.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #2098
Tech Fanatic

WOW, you guys use on/off switches? Lets all hope it doesn't go bad. If you do insist on using one make sure it's facing either sideways meaning you switch it on or off pointing to the sides of the car (left/right) or that the "on" position is facing forward. I've seen harder impacts actually push the switch forward from momentum of the hit and turn the car off. But guess what, the engine is still running. So you hope and pray you put your rubber band or spring on the throttle to go to idle to prevent a runaway. Have you guys ever noticed why 1/8th scale drivers NEVER use switches? Direct connection is the safest bet ever. One less thing to fail. You can get a "professional" looking direct connect set up made by TM (Team Magic) that is for the G4S. It is very nice and convienient the way they layed it out, you can find it at www.racedayhobbies.com. It's part number 114044, and it's under the "batteries" section of Sams site. But I would trully NEVER recommend a switch in a PRO car. Keep it for the "toy" cars. It might just save your car. Something to think about guys. See you all at the track someday!!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #2099
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd View Post
But I would trully NEVER recommend a switch in a PRO car. Keep it for the "toy" cars.

Four cars, switches in each and I've never had a problem. I usually face mine up or sideways. The NT1's built in switch mount faces the switch up and is housed inside the enclosed receiver box.

I like the convenience of having a switch, because it makes my life easier and I don't have to fuss with the connectors or worry about messing up the wires - but it's more likely because I'm an amateur and I think my cars are toys.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #2100
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post

Four cars, switches in each and I've never had a problem. I usually face mine up or sideways. The NT1's built in switch mount faces the switch up and is housed inside the enclosed receiver box.

I like the convenience of having a switch, because it makes my life easier and I don't have to fuss with the connectors or worry about messing up the wires - but it's more likely because I'm an amateur and I think my cars are toys.
Yeah RMD I hear ya bro. I actually use to use a switch in my 235mm cars. it was in sideways. The convenience is very nice I will have to admit. But after I saw more then one car have a runaway due to the switch, It changed my mind about switches. I suppose if your good about keeping your gear in good shape and clean, you shouldn't have any problems. And I'm pretty sure that you fall under the catagory of keeping things up to par. But I can make a guess that you have only been racing for, lets say less then 3 years. You start to see the cons of certain things the longer your in the hobby of our "Toy" cars. Just keep an eye on them bro. Enjoy!