R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #2056
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
I ran tornado at the capitol classic when dirving 1/8th, and have been running it in touring car since the NYSC have seen nothing but + results in performance.
wow that's good news so it does make good power how is it on parts. if its that good me and chavo have to talk
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #2057
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
wow that's good news so it does make good power how is it on parts. if its that good me and chavo have to talk
Its that good.

When you open up the motor after a few race days, it looks almost as clean as if it were new.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #2058
Tech Elite

Tornado rules
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #2059
Tech Champion

O'donnell rules
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #2060
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
Its that good.

When you open up the motor after a few race days, it looks almost as clean as if it were new.
hmmmmm
Old 10-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #2061
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If any of you have some run time on your NT1's and adjust the two speed too often it may start to shift inconsistently.

Apparently the xray team has switched over to the kyosho two speed springs to combat this.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #2062
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro View Post
If any of you have some run time on your NT1's and adjust the two speed too often it may start to shift inconsistently.

Apparently the xray team has switched over to the kyosho two speed springs to combat this.
that is not a true statement. i ran my NT1 for 7 races and always set my 2 speed per the track conditions and never had a problem with the 2 speed shifting inconsistantly. i am also almost 100 % sure paul l. is using the stock springs too.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #2063
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
that is not a true statement. i ran my NT1 for 7 races and always set my 2 speed per the track conditions and never had a problem with the 2 speed shifting inconsistantly. i am also almost 100 % sure paul l. is using the stock springs too.
I had heard this rumor back in July, but have been using the complete XRAY 2 speed all season without any issues.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #2064
Tech Master

I had problems with my 2 speed right out of the box. Not bad, just couldn't get it just right. Was told by someone else to put the kyosho springs in, and I was able to get set where I wanted it, and it stayed there.I know of 3 others that had the same thing, and they switched,and they were happy. And I don't want to call it a problem. It just seemed when I switched springs, it was easier to get set.
And this isn't to say it wouldn't have been just as good with new XRAY springs.
WARDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #2065
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok before you flame me yet again for trying to help people with something in this car that is lacking let me say that I personally experienced inconsistent 2 speed action after only 3-4 race days (seems like the time right after i fully seated the springs and then released the tension 3 turns or whatever it was to try and make them equal) I was never able to get the 2 speed to shift at the same spot again, it would change lap after lap mostly earlier and earlier so I would come in, adjust the two speed to where it wouldn't shift until at least halfway down the straight and then it kept moving earlier and earlier until it was in 2nd gear within the first 5 feet.

I talked to an rc america driver and a kyosho driver and they both told me that a number of rc america drivers are using the kyosho springs.

Maybe this is just because I tried to rebuild it and crushed the springs to where they could never be used again and you've just been lucky running without maintaining your 2-speed and new xray springs would probably work just as well.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #2066
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARDO View Post
I had problems with my 2 speed right out of the box. Not bad, just couldn't get it just right. Was told by someone else to put the kyosho springs in, and I was able to get set where I wanted it, and it stayed there.I know of 3 others that had the same thing, and they switched,and they were happy. And I don't want to call it a problem. It just seemed when I switched springs, it was easier to get set.
And this isn't to say it wouldn't have been just as good with new XRAY springs.
I switched to Kyosho springs as well!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #2067
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ran 2 gallons of fuel, a couple 45 minute mains, and about 12 qualifiers, haven't had any issues with the 2 speed, or anything else for that matter.
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #2068
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

In my experience the 2spd shoes wear a bit when new and new to be readjusted to keep your shift point consistent. After my first couple of race days I found my 2spd engagement to be shifting later and later like many others. Some rebuilt the assembly with 3rd parts springs but I simply tightened up my set screws until the shoes started to rub and backed them off 1/8 turn to return them to the fit the clutch had when new. I found that the 2spd shoes seemed to loosen up and shrink a hare when new. Readjusting everything after than 2 race day I have had consistent shift points ever sice.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #2069
Tech Champion

No problem here.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #2070
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
In my experience the 2spd shoes wear a bit when new and new to be readjusted to keep your shift point consistent. After my first couple of race days I found my 2spd engagement to be shifting later and later like many others. Some rebuilt the assembly with 3rd parts springs but I simply tightened up my set screws until the shoes started to rub and backed them off 1/8 turn to return them to the fit the clutch had when new. I found that the 2spd shoes seemed to loosen up and shrink a hare when new. Readjusting everything after than 2 race day I have had consistent shift points ever sice.

Mark
Thats correct. The shoes also wear-in to the contour of the 2nd gear holder. I also reset the set screws and its been shifting consistently ever since.