R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #2011
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Has anyone had gear stripping issues? I definitely want to take care of this before the Nationals!
It's just gear mesh, don't believe that you don't have to set it and ensure that the gears are straight.

You have to loosen all 8 screws in the mount and the engine tabs and get the mesh right.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #2012
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any NT1 race reports from this past weekend?

Our club doesn't race again for another 3 weeks!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #2013
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Has anyone had gear stripping issues? I definitely want to take care of this before the Nationals!
Here is how I set mesh... No mesh... By the second lap, you have perfect mesh... It wears in very nicely...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #2014
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro View Post
No racing in houston last weekend, the nationals track was resurfaced again and it's less bumpy with absolutely crazy tire wear. 42/45's lasted about 11 minutes from 61/63mm to 56/55mm with about 1.2mm split left to right

I had to go two springs heavier than I previously used here before due to the amount of additional traction though.
That is what I heard also... from one of the racers from the RC Pro race this weekend... I heard they used up 2mm in 5 mins, but I do not know what the wear was like on 42s or 45s.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #2015
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Ryan41

Finally had a NT1 going at our track..and it won its first race Mine will be all ready to race next week
Yokomo DRB drifter for the missus.
Ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #2016
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post

Our seasons over here but the after a summer of our NT1s showing solid performance on a consistent basis, I don't expect to see many Mugen or Kyosho rides next year. Most of the K & M runners I spoke too at my last couple races were already planning on switching to X-ray next year. Just like everything else what wins on Sunday sells on Monday. I was the fastest NT1 runner all summer and have been very happy with the car but the MTX and RRRs showed just as much potential as my X-Ray.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #2017
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
Our seasons over here but the after a summer of our NT1s showing solid performance on a consistent basis, I don't expect to see many Mugen or Kyosho rides next year. Most of the K & M runners I spoke too at my last couple races were already planning on switching to X-ray next year. Just like everything else what wins on Sunday sells on Monday. I was the fastest NT1 runner all summer and have been very happy with the car but the MTX and RRRs showed just as much potential as my X-Ray.

Mark
That would be pretty funny if most everyone switched to the NT1. It would certainly eliminate the "Is it me or my gear?" debate.

How does your performance this season compare to last season? Do you think the chassis made that much of a difference? Were you running the same engine last season? If not, how much do you think the engine contributed to your performance?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #2018
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post

A certain NT1 took 1st, for the second time in the last four races, this past weekend at 301 Raceway.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #2019
Tech Regular

I keep looking at all of these non-usa setup sheets on the xray site and a ton of people run the front diff with 300k oil, why wouldn't they just run a spool instead and save the weight?
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #2020
Tech Elite

Quote:
I keep looking at all of these non-usa setup sheets on the xray site and a ton of people run the front diff with 300k oil, why wouldn't they just run a spool instead and save the weight?
I can't speak for them, but I'm running Racers Edge 500k oil up front and it makes a difference over the spool in off power steering.

With the weight of the car shifting forward, the diff action actually works just enough to gain noticeably more entry and mid corner (off-power) steering. Then when you get on the gas and the weight shifts rearward, the heavy oil locks up the diff and you maintain the same type of exit steering that a spool would give you.

You just have to try it and see for yourself.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #2021
Tech Adept

Quote:
They don't have near the traction we do in the states. So they tend to have less aggressive setups then we do here. Make sense?

We have ran almost then same setup at 3 different tracks. So when we find the sweet spot we just fine tune it.

Mark
MBlackketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #2022
Tech Champion

Quote:
I think it's track layout and grip dependent. For instance, We are using front one way setup for our home track. Using the front gear diff noticeably give some push on throttle.

Our home track consists fast corners in the form of S corners, parabolic and sweepers, with very high grip on big race event.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #2023
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
A certain NT1 took 1st, for the second time in the last four races, this past weekend at 301 Raceway.
Are you just trying to be modest?

It's okay to admit that you won something. How about some details?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 AM   #2024
B4
Tech Addict

Just about to buy the NT1 can you please tell me what springs come with the car. We have a low traction track with a couple of mild bumps so I would like to order the correct springs. Do the latest kits come with the hard foam bumper.

Thanks
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 AM   #2025
Tech Apprentice

XRay Alum Shock set aleady on sales.but only 1 pair in the box.give one more pair is better.....(Must buy Items!!)

http://www.rc-union.com/product_info...ducts_id=11067
initialrays is offline   Reply With Quote