R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #1831
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
The blink article was referring to "colorful aluminum hop-up parts", I don't see these shock bodies as "blink" option. Yes, you will be able to tell who runs aluminum shock bodies, they also have aluminum bottom caps that are not anodized (as oppose to the all-composite stock bodies), look at the pics. Some drivers used them at euros and marked them in their setup sheets... I'll stick with my composite shocks, never had issues with them, they're light and smooth.
Agreed, the composite shocks rock and haven't leaked a single drop in over 2 hours of runtime.

I mostly only posted this because I find their marketing amusing, one post says the car is perfect, another touts some additional benefit that is not really a tuning aid like these, another touts improved reliability but is considered completely unimportant to most drivers and would not be included in the kit (front cvd's)
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #1832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro View Post
I mostly only posted this because I find their marketing amusing, one post says the car is perfect, another touts some additional benefit that is not really a tuning aid like these, another touts improved reliability but is considered completely unimportant to most drivers and would not be included in the kit (front cvd's)
Hehehe...

If you read a lot of Juraj's articles, this whole thing about the "perfect car" is just marketing. Just look at the T2 '008 article, "I knew the areas of the car that needed improvement when it comes to high-competition racing...". We'll eventually find out what "needs to be improved" on the NT1 when the NT1 '008 (or NT2) comes out.

I firmly believe that Juraj already knows what he wants to improve on the NT1 - but he is a business man and he has several product lines to worry about, not just the NT1. Scheduling, production and timing all seem like factors on how things get worked on, tested, sent to manufacturing and released. He is only one man and there are only so many hours in the day.

IMO, Juraj is a pretty amazing engineering and business man. I don't think many people see that or appreciate his work.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #1833
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I firmly believe that Juraj already knows what he wants to improve on the NT1 - but he is a business man and he has several product lines to worry about, not just the NT1. Scheduling, production and timing all seem like factors on how things get worked on, tested, sent to manufacturing and released. He is only one man and there are only so many hours in the day.

IMO, Juraj is a pretty amazing engineering and business man. I don't think many people see that or appreciate his work.
Juraj and his oldest son Mario.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #1834
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
...and Martin
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #1835
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yes, this has been my point ever since the CVD discussion. There is nothing wrong with shipping a product and then making better parts individually to make a little extra.

I'm sure we will see a "team" kit or something similar sometime, xray isn't doing anything that hasn't been done since the 80's by Associated, Losi, Kyosho and everyone else.

Hopefully this texas weather will let up this weekend so I can actually drive my Xray so I can talk about something else next week.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #1836
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
Quote:
...and Martin
That's right....... I like Juraj Hudy, because he can make good cars identical to german cars.

Build it tough with luxury in mind ....... great idea just like Mercedes Benz G500.

asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #1837
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro View Post
Hopefully this texas weather will let up this weekend so I can actually drive my Xray so I can talk about something else next week.
Let's talk about your uneven tire wear.

Have you thought about using a harder shore left rear tire?

BTW.. What tire shores were you running?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #1838
Tech Regular

Quote:
Let's talk about your uneven tire wear.

Have you thought about using a harder shore left rear tire?

BTW.. What tire shores were you running?
The track is sort of half done, they're still finalizing the surface for nats but it just so happens that the sweeper and apparently every right hand corner is super abrasive because this was the first race since they re-sealed it. During the first round I ran some 45 rears at 62mm and 42 fronts at 60mm, and ended up with 59.8mm left rear and 61.3mm right rear after warm-up and one qualifier. It's getting better though, supposedly they are going to drag the track with a tire to bring down the abrasion. Lap times are slow and tire wear is insane right now, we used to be over 1 second a lap faster even on slow days, and ran 42/40's with about 0.5mm of wear in the rear per qualifier
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #1839
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
...just like Mercedes Benz G500.
That thing is just plain ugly!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #1840
Tech Champion

Quote:
Nevermind whatever you want to call it...... It's a beautiful car for my taste.

Maybe a suzuki looks good to you, but not on me, thank you very much.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #1841
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Maybe a suzuki looks good to you...
Nah, I like Yugo!
It's OK asw, we disagree on Benz but agree NT1 rocks!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #1842
Tech Regular

Have any of you had the brakes fade in longer mains? I tend to drag the brakes softly over long periods of time in sweepers and a couple other places which really kills me at about the 15 minute mark but yields some decent lap times. I don't remember my kyosho car having this problem and I'm still driving the same so I thought about trying some different pads or discs.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #1843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

I hadn't had the brakes fade, but I have had a little wear on them.

I had tried the mugen yellow teflon pads right from the beginning, and they got chewed up very quickly. I went and looked at the brake disc and took a dremel to the vent slots.....just took the edge off ......now I have no brake wear, and I'm up to 4 gallons of racing on the pads that are in the car now, and they look almost like new. It is important to glue the pad in place.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #1844
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
I hadn't had the brakes fade, but I have had a little wear on them.

I had tried the mugen yellow teflon pads right from the beginning, and they got chewed up very quickly. I went and looked at the brake disc and took a dremel to the vent slots.....just took the edge off ......now I have no brake wear, and I'm up to 4 gallons of racing on the pads that are in the car now, and they look almost like new. It is important to glue the pad in place.
But You don't use your brakes
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #1845
Tech Elite

Quote:
but theres good room in the back
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote