Like Tree6Likes

Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #1801
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Ryan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro View Post
Hey, why does your car say Chris?
Hey, haha, thats not "my" body..but a mates..we just put it on there for a photo..got an air brushed one coming ..

As for the brand of the body..its actually a Blitz Saab body.. 90% sure..
Yokomo DRB drifter for the missus.
Ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #1802
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow! What a work of art!

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/news/newsd...f94d3ef88d8efc

Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #1803
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Nice! I've been holding off on purchasing a simular tool from another company. I hope this is available soon, as I've got a space reserved for it in my toolbox

Xray NT1
RB Concepts R3
Nomadio React
CORRC
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #1804
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33 View Post
Nice! I've been holding off on purchasing a simular tool from another company. I hope this is available soon, as I've got a space reserved for it in my toolbox
It's available now...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #1805
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

theres a tool i can steel out of paul l tool box

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #1806
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
theres a tool i can steel out of paul l tool box
And I will try to find this tool from your tool box this weekend Chicago MWS.....see you SAT.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #1807
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
you build it in a 5 cell side pack configuration. Mount the pack in the middle of the tray with 3 cells in the tray and the other 3 hanging over the side towards your pipe.

If you need a pic to see how its done, I can snap one for you when I get home tonight.

Mark
okay. what you use to hold them with battery tray? double sided tape?
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #1808
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Heh, mine just showed up from www.Nexusracing.net. It's pretty nice but spensive.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #1809
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Looks like Titan brand.
Thanks!
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 AM   #1810
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
Heh, mine just showed up from www.Nexusracing.net. It's pretty nice but spensive.
Ouch, $37. Looks like a great tool though.....

SlamMan, weren't you saying you were getting ready to install the lipo RX pack? If so keep me posted on the results. I'm not racing in FtC this weekend, but I want to get some goodies ordered for the Classic

Xray NT1
RB Concepts R3
Nomadio React
CORRC
Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #1811
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamjk View Post
okay. what you use to hold them with battery tray? double sided tape?
You can use shoe goo or 3M vxb double sided tape (also sold as parma servo tape). I prefer the vxb tape since its the easiest to clean when its time to replace. Regardless of what you you choose you will need to periodically replace it since fuel spillage & cleaners will slowly eat at the adhesive. I check my battery tape after every race day when I clean my car and replace it when it starts to loosen up, approximately every 4-5 race days.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #1812
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Ouch, $37. Looks like a great tool though.....

SlamMan, weren't you saying you were getting ready to install the lipo RX pack? If so keep me posted on the results. I'm not racing in FtC this weekend, but I want to get some goodies ordered for the Classic
Yea it's steep. I was looking for something that would measure clutch gap and something to hold the bell for removing/installing pinions and it did both.

I'm gonna try to get the LiPo pack in tonight. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the regulator where it won't get fuel all over it. Hopefully I'll get it in tonight since we're leaving for Lincoln for some nitro racing this weekend. You'll have to make the trip out there next summer with us. That track is amazing. We'll probably go again for the Fireball Classic at the beginning of next summer.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #1813
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yea it's steep. I was looking for something that would measure clutch gap and something to hold the bell for removing/installing pinions and it did both.

I'm gonna try to get the LiPo pack in tonight. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the regulator where it won't get fuel all over it. Hopefully I'll get it in tonight since we're leaving for Lincoln for some nitro racing this weekend. You'll have to make the trip out there next summer with us. That track is amazing. We'll probably go again for the Fireball Classic at the beginning of next summer.
I have a novak regulator which fits in the rcvr case with the Spektrum micro rcvr.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #1814
Tech Regular

Quote:

Dude, I wish I could go up to Lincoln. I graduate next May, and I'm already throwing around the idea of going to a Vegas race to celebrate. I'll definately be down for Lincoln next summer. I've got the 12 passenger van to make the road trip with too, we can fit alot of gear and guys in there...

As for the lipos, I had forgotten about the regulator. I've got the React and the receiver fits in my RX box, but I doubt I could fit a regulator in there. Which brand are you using and what amperage is adequate? I see regulators that go from 6-6.4v and 1-5amps. I really don't know how much the servos need?

Xray NT1
RB Concepts R3
Nomadio React
CORRC
Old 08-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #1815
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Dude, I wish I could go up to Lincoln. I graduate next May, and I'm already throwing around the idea of going to a Vegas race to celebrate. I'll definately be down for Lincoln next summer. I've got the 12 passenger van to make the road trip with too, we can fit alot of gear and guys in there...

As for the lipos, I had forgotten about the regulator. I've got the React and the receiver fits in my RX box, but I doubt I could fit a regulator in there. Which brand are you using and what amperage is adequate? I see regulators that go from 6-6.4v and 1-5amps. I really don't know how much the servos need?
I'm using this battery.
http://nexusracing.net/product_info....2649df0ed9dcc5

and this regulator.
http://nexusracing.net/product_info....2649df0ed9dcc5

There was no logic behind picking that regulator. It was simply the same brand as the battery.

A couple guys were in Vegas earlier this summer for a race. Sounded like they had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
I have a novak regulator which fits in the rcvr case with the Spektrum micro rcvr.
I might have to try the receiver case again. I'm currently using the little Xray carbon receiver bracket.